Texas Waitlist Information 2005 part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thehopeful said:
WOW!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

what happened.
did you do anything?

again (can't say enough), CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I sent them a letter like three months ago saying that I was still interested in their school, but the letter was stamped RETURN to SENDER on it. My heart was broken... so I totally lost all hope for UTH!

This is really a SHOCKER!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

that's guys for all the luv! man... i still don't believe it...

whatever you do... DON'T LOSE HOPE! I guess they still are pulling ppl from the waitlist afterall!

Members don't see this ad :)
txkiwieyes said:
I'm still SHAKING!!!

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS at HOUSTON MED SCHOOL!!! :D :D :D
Oh my gosh that's so awesome!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D

true blue said:
Oh my gosh that's so awesome!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :D

thanks TB!!! I still have my fingers crossed for YOU! I'll keep you in my prayers as well! =) :oops:

txkiwieyes said:
I'm still SHAKING!!!

Congrats! Hopefully we'll here more stories like this soon!

Congrats to all who made off the waitlists!!!

WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH BAYLOR?!? :confused:

MadameLULU said:
If you're holding a spot at a TX school, then Baylor has taken you off the waitlist.

Actually, there is no way they can access that information. Baylor, pretaining to the respective TMDSAS schools, has no knowledge of who is accepted.

Furthermore, what is your source of this information? How would Baylor know that I would not choose to go there? I am sorry I need more convincing.

I do, however, appreciate the reply.

According to the TMDSAS website:

"Acceptances from alternate lists may continue through June 1. After June 1, no medical school in Texas may offer a position to an applicant already accepted by another medical school in Texas. This is the result of an agreement between the four U.T. System Medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine, and University of North Texas Health Science Center at Fort Worth College of Osteopathic Medicine."

Check it out for yourself if you still don't believe it......

http://www.utsystem.edu/tmdsas/acceptances/results.htm

tgerwuds said:
Actually, there is no way they can access that information. Baylor, pretaining to the respective TMDSAS schools, has no knowledge of who is accepted.

Furthermore, what is your source of this information? How would Baylor know that I would not choose to go there? I am sorry I need more convincing.

I do, however, appreciate the reply.

Actually, as of March 15, ALL schools have access to an AMCAS database to find out where applicants are holding a spots. This was relayed to me by an admissions dean and seems to be common knowledge on SDN as well. It makes sense for schools to have access at some point to prevent applicants from holding multiple places as it gets closer to the start of school

Wdarli thanks for posting that link. There is a some type of agreement between the TX schools as he/she (?) mentioned probably to prevent the domino effect that is so charactersitic of waitlists and allow the schools an appropriate amt of time to finalize/establish their class, but I think this year the deadline was extened to 6.15.05 as opposed to 6.01.05 since San Antonio starts school later.

If this isn't convincing enough, you should call Baylor to ask them about your status. I have a feeling one of the first questions they'll ask you is if you're currently holding a spot at a TX school. Good luck :luck:

txkiwieyes said:
I'm still SHAKING!!!

Congrats kiwi :) :D :clap: :hardy: ...and just think only 8 hours before...you were a pessimist! Now, you're an MS-0.925!!!!

Does anyone know if UT-H has removed people from the waitlist that have been accepted to other Texas schools? Has anyone received anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks to all for all of the info. I was unaware.

txkiwieyes said:
I'm still SHAKING!!!

Congratulations!!! That is so awsome! Must be such a relief! :D

oh my goodness, i never thought it would happen but i got a call from UTMB and i am in!!!!!!!!!! Also the lady said there was one spot more spot open, maybe one of you guys will get it. ALso, i am an out of state applicant, so there is hope for us yet.

Okay, so here is the deal:

Baylor has yet to let anyone off of their acceptance list. They will, however, start letting people off (and accepting them) shortly as the medical school orientation occurs on 7/26.

In addition, it makes no difference where you got in prior. You are only off of the waitlist when you are off of the waitlist. Most of the people on the Baylor waitlist are in limbo between more than one medical school. Baylor wants the opportunity to be able to compete with other medical schools.

drsungoddess said:
oh my goodness, i never thought it would happen but i got a call from UTMB and i am in!!!!!!!!!! Also the lady said there was one spot more spot open, maybe one of you guys will get it. ALso, i am an out of state applicant, so there is hope for us yet.
CONGRATS!! :thumbup:

drsungoddess said:

CONGRATS DRSUNGODDESS!!!!

FOR EVERYONE ELSE... KEEP HOPE ALIVE!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

tgerwuds said:
Okay, so here is the deal:

Baylor has yet to let anyone off of their acceptance list. They will, however, start letting people off (and accepting them) shortly as the medical school orientation occurs on 7/26.

I am quite confused. What does this mean? Baylor is going to wait until orientation starts to call people from the waitlist?

drsungoddess said:

CONGRATS!!! I will see you at UTMB this fall! We have a very active forum on SDN for the Class of 2009, come say hi to everyone sometime.

:clap:

Someone got into my class the last day of orientation, so there's always hope.

knownothing said:
Someone got into my class the last day of orientation, so there's always hope.
Thanks dude. :) What med school are you at?

Status
Not open for further replies.