The 7th gWWuest - Game thread!

Started by GoSpursGo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@HRH Queeb SAR Are you post restricted?
tv land something like that GIF by YoungerTV

big brother pop GIF by Big Brother After Dark
 
It's just kind of weirding me out because I've never seen you do this before.
it's weirding me out, too, because you're usually pretty readable. Idk if it's this setting or what. You should be v, and I think at this point I'm willing to call it a light read. I'm usually more confident in my read on you though
 
it's weirding me out, too, because you're usually pretty readable. Idk if it's this setting or what. You should be v, and I think at this point I'm willing to call it a light read. I'm usually more confident in my read on you though
Well, I did recently change my playstyle to try and be less combative because it was stressing me. Regardless, I'll become obvious as more time goes on.
 
@Jagged Jimmy Jay

Customer Service Please GIF by ConEquip Parts

Checking In Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Party Pokemon GIF
AM seems okay. My perspective is a bit similar to dya’s in that I “want” to lean in the positive direction for AM, and I probably do so lean. I just want to play things out a bit.

Sometimes when AM is a glowing beacon of town right away, it’s because she has a bone to pick or is in a lively debate. She said she’s trying to be less combative, and I respect that. I think she’ll be sortable soon enough.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry, over the years I've become the very player I used to despise that uses a bunch of inaccessible acronyms and shorthand

Tr = townread = think they're a good guy
Sr = scumread = think they're a bad guy
Nk = night kill, the person mafia choose to kill at night*

If you ever need me to clarify anything or elaborate on the underlying assumptions in my posts, please feel free to nudge me about it!


*this mechanic is not in every game, strictly speaking, though it exists in some form in almost every game
This was very helpful, thank you. Though the early read attempts are what's hard for me to keep up with
 
Man catching up on this thread and people are already firing off votes feels like:

Pizza Fire GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY
I can certainly understand this reaction to the game given its immediate contrast to basille's previous experience (the noob game). I'd have liked to see something more however, even if just some kind of response to the content. Troy-Barnes-pizza-fire offers general "commentary" on a game state, but it doesn't tell me about basille's motivations or impressions.
 
I can certainly understand this reaction to the game given its immediate contrast to basille's previous experience (the noob game). I'd have liked to see something more however, even if just some kind of response to the content. Troy-Barnes-pizza-fire offers general "commentary" on a game state, but it doesn't tell me about basille's motivations or impressions.
Yeah, she was a clear top poster in the noob game so I'd love to see that energy transferred here.
 
I shall try my best to be present for D1, but we'll see how it goes after my exam tomorrow. I LOVE kidneys *sobs*
Good luck on your exam! I am grateful to kidneys for their dutiful service.

I have no thoughts about CeeGee apart from "I hope they're able to Do Stuff, and until they do they're in my POE". I recognize that's lame, and I know this game is not the immediate priority for everyone (as it shouldn't be).

I wish I could be like I think this is a subtle callout to beans, because kidney beans, but I am not that fun.
 
Not me totally forgetting the game started tonight :bag:
But I'm here now!!

@Black Kat come chat with us!! I see you reacting to JJJ's posts 👀

You're here!!!! :biglove:

I don't think anything they've done is super affiliation indicative tbh...they read as just having fun to me right now

ok, slight update to this now that I finished reading all the overnight stuff - I do see evidence of JJJ trying to solve (or potentially trying to look like he's solving), however I do not feel confident trying to give a read on him given that I have only played with him one time and I was misyeeted D1 in that game so I am reserving judgement for now. (Let it be known in that game I was village reading him and then he was a wolf oopsie).

I don't really have anything to add for dya. The early AM read thing is interesting and I think I may be cautiously village leaning them for that because that seems like a bold move for a wolf.

I am realizing that I don't think I've played much with quite a few of the people in this game and that's super exciting!

beans posts so far

I have no reason for putting all these quotes in one place other than to see them in one place, so don't mistake this post for some kind of dedicated ISO review or something "thorough". It's just a pile of beans' posts.

I believe beans can be a premier solving asset in this game, and these posts are a bit slow to realize that power -- so I don't really town read beans so far. Maybe her noticing BK reacting to my posts is a nice touch, but I'd like more. I understand her reticence to take an immediate stance on me given the experience she described in our previous outing. How about the other fine folks who've made a bunch of posts (e.g., AM, Clem, or dyachei)?
 

beans posts so far

I have no reason for putting all these quotes in one place other than to see them in one place, so don't mistake this post for some kind of dedicated ISO review or something "thorough". It's just a pile of beans' posts.

I believe beans can be a premier solving asset in this game, and these posts are a bit slow to realize that power -- so I don't really town read beans so far. Maybe her noticing BK reacting to my posts is a nice touch, but I'd like more. I understand her reticence to take an immediate stance on me given the experience she described in our previous outing. How about the other fine folks who've made a bunch of posts (e.g., AM, Clem, or dyachei)?
Didem Its Nothing GIF

Wood Would GIF

Interested Thinking GIF by VeeFriends
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
:hello:

I'll also town lean dya for their JJJ vote. That feels like the most readable content to me so far. (Caveat that JJJ's content would feel more readable if he wasn't JJJ, lol.)

Tired Good Night GIF
Hi moonster!

I'm a little iffy on this post for reasons I struggle to articulate. I appreciate the perspective on dya to be sure. Just a bit tagalong as a sole post.
 
apoptosis is just about a dead null read. Their posts are one-liners so far, and they just barely scratch the surface of sorting Day 1. That's okay, traveling can take priority.

reddeadrobin might be a tick below null, because their posts are very similar but entirely non game-relevant so far.
 
None of the reads I have provided so far should be regarded as "confident". I acknowledge that slow starts like this are not exactly where I thrive as a solver, and the intuitive gut readers of society are probably better suited to it. But we can only try.
 
Yeet beans

The read on dya kinda pings me. I'm nott sure what is "bold for a wolf" re: dya's treatment of AM? It feels more like meta/NAI to me.

I also think the "progression" on JJJ feels off. Partly I'm not clear on what beans had read as of the first post - I feel like JJJ had some meaty posts prior to that - but I also know not everyone catches up before they post, so this point is weaker.
 
Hi moonster!

I'm a little iffy on this post for reasons I struggle to articulate. I appreciate the perspective on dya to be sure. Just a bit tagalong as a sole post.
Does it help to know I was very sleepy when I made the post, after a long day of maybe almost fainting in the morning (I'm never skipping breakfast again) and then rallying to go out for someone's birthday dinner? 🤔
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad