You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Adventures of Harbster Thread - the comic writer is feeling super organized today
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
B
b&ierstiefel
B
b&ierstiefel
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B
b&ierstiefel
You have cauterized my anterior and posterior tibials quite well, my friend. Nice to see you kept the smile on your face the whole time even while ruining my basketball career.
Special Olympics!yaah said:You have cauterized my anterior and posterior tibials quite well, my friend. Nice to see you kept the smile on your face the whole time even while ruining my basketball career.

B
b&ierstiefel
What can I say? I'm Mr. Cheerful 😀yaah said:You have cauterized my anterior and posterior tibials quite well, my friend. Nice to see you kept the smile on your face the whole time even while ruining my basketball career.
B
b&ierstiefel
Don't bask in the glory too much. I suggest that you say some last words of farewell to your gonads.cytoborg said:👍![]()
![]()
Bravo! Well done!
I don't know about this menacing new image of mine. But it is flattering.
Now why would a cytoborg need gonads
? Aren't they half machine? Don't they just assimilate others like the Borg? Though I think I remember the Borg using incubators for fetuses on Voyager.
Btw as an aside how many Paps can a cytoborg screen 😉.
Btw as an aside how many Paps can a cytoborg screen 😉.
B
b&ierstiefel
1. In the original Star Wars, cytoborg needed his gonads & lightsaber to make sweet love eventually leading to the creation of Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. Will Harbster interfere with cytoborg's master plan? Or will Harbster get his ass pwned by the cytoborg thereby leaving intact cytoborg's ability to make sweet sweet love.Mrbojangles said:Now why would a cytoborg need gonads? Aren't they half machine? Don't they just assimilate others like the Borg? Though I think I remember the Borg using incubators for fetuses on Voyager.
Btw as an aside how many Paps can a cytoborg screen 😉.
2. A cytoborg can screen about 9 Paps. Thank you.
Just 9? That's not very efficient for a half-man/half-machine.
When I was at one of my interviews this attending showed me a machine that screens Paps (I have no idea what the throughput was) before being screened again by a tech/pathologist. Now does that make sense? How can such a thing exist? Maybe it was for HPV screening? But what would it screen by immuno instead of PCR? 😕
When I was at one of my interviews this attending showed me a machine that screens Paps (I have no idea what the throughput was) before being screened again by a tech/pathologist. Now does that make sense? How can such a thing exist? Maybe it was for HPV screening? But what would it screen by immuno instead of PCR? 😕
Mrbojangles said:Just 9? That's not very efficient for a half-man/half-machine.
When I was at one of my interviews this attending showed me a machine that screens Paps (I have no idea what the throughput was) before being screened again by a tech/pathologist. Now does that make sense? How can such a thing exist? Maybe it was for HPV screening? But what would it screen by immuno instead of PCR? 😕
That is the way technology is progressing - computers can be trained to pick up certain patterns and flag a case for review. There are false positives and false negatives, of course, and I am not sure what the numbers are, but they are probably going to be a factor some day. Computer probably looks at nuclear/cytoplasmic ratio, nuclear density, etc.
Computers reading slides? That is pretty weird. I almost thought the guy was pulling my chain when he showed me the machine because I've never heard of such a thing. The only other histologic diagnostic machine I came accross on the interview trail was a machine at another place that quantified ER/PR (or was it her2/neu?) positivity on breast immunohistochemistry, which isn't that difficult to imagine.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B
b&ierstiefel
wow that was deep.yaah said:That is the way technology is progressing - computers can be trained to pick up certain patterns and flag a case for review. There are false positives and false negatives, of course, and I am not sure what the numbers are, but they are probably going to be a factor some day. Computer probably looks at nuclear/cytoplasmic ratio, nuclear density, etc.
So was that.AndyMilonakis said:wow that was deep.
B
b&ierstiefel
shh.bananaface said:So was that.
Are we talking morphometry? That was explained to me a little while ago. Sounded like training a computer to be a pathologist. Also sounded like more effort than it was worth.... 😕yaah said:That is the way technology is progressing - computers can be trained to pick up certain patterns and flag a case for review.
B
b&ierstiefel
Is that... poo??
B
b&ierstiefel
Yes! My special effects worked!deschutes said:Is that... poo??
Good. Because I thought you were trying to make her ninja flying-stars.
My poo is like party confetti!
B
b&ierstiefel
😍I think that is the first time you have ever used the 😍 smilie.
B
b&ierstiefel
heh...it's valentine's day and i'm mr. frickin' cheerful so why the hell not?yaah said:I think that is the first time you have ever used the 😍 smilie.
I hope I don't use the
smiley later.
smiley later. Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Duuuuude! you've got mad photoshop skillz! 
My tummy hurts!

My tummy hurts!

B
b&ierstiefel
Rock on dude!EvoDevo said:Duuuuude! you've got mad photoshop skillz!
My tummy hurts!![]()
AndyMilonakis said:Rock on dude!
Yeah, I can't believe you haven't mentioned your mad photoshop skillz.
He's finally coming out of the closet and showing us his squishy side.bananaface said:I hope I don't use thesmiley later.
Whether we want to see it though, remains to be seen

I did not realize there was a shortcut for the barf smiley! To think all this time I've been IMG linking it! 😳
B
b&ierstiefel
Yes yaah, my mad photoshop skillz dilute out my numchuck skills, bo-staff skills, and computer hacking skillz.
Showing my squishy side? NEVER!
Showing my squishy side? NEVER!

We just added it to the options about a month ago.deschutes said:He's finally coming out of the closet and showing us his squishy side.
Whether we want to see it though, remains to be seen
I did not realize there was a shortcut for the barf smiley! To think all this time I've been IMG linking it! 😳
B
b&ierstiefel
Which character would you like to be the focused on character in the next episode of The Adventures of Harbster?
C3PO (yaah)
R2D2 (andy)
Ewok (deschutes)
Geddy won Kenobi (geddy)
bananamidala (bananaface)
Harbster the wookie (harbster)
Princess Leia (stormjen)
Darth Vader (cytoborg)
Dr. Dean (he doesn't really count since he just made a cameo appearance)
Did I forget anyone?
C3PO (yaah)
R2D2 (andy)
Ewok (deschutes)
Geddy won Kenobi (geddy)
bananamidala (bananaface)
Harbster the wookie (harbster)
Princess Leia (stormjen)
Darth Vader (cytoborg)
Dr. Dean (he doesn't really count since he just made a cameo appearance)
Did I forget anyone?
Princess Leia.
I didn't realize your inspiration was made-to-order?
Weren't there any frog-based characters in Star Wars? 😉
B
b&ierstiefel
i give you permission to pick your star wars character then....as long as it is corn-loving and sexually-confused. 😛jeff2005 said:I think a corn-loving sexualy-confused character is in order.
B
b&ierstiefel
no there wasn't mr. invisible man.EvoDevo said:Weren't there any frog-based characters in Star Wars? 😉
waitaminute...you could be jar jar binks
Why do I never get to be the sexy hot bimbo that all the guys fall for?
No guy is going to run after an ewok.
No guy is going to run after an ewok.
B
b&ierstiefel
but ewoks are cute and cuddly...deschutes said:Why do I never get to be the sexy hot bimbo that all the guys fall for?
No guy is going to run after an ewok.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I vote for
B
b&ierstiefel
the committee deliberates...deschutes remains the ewok.deschutes said:I vote for
![]()
EvoDevo said:Weren't there any frog-based characters in Star Wars? 😉
There were.
Deesa hosa Jedi Mind Trick! Ha ha ha ha.
B
b&ierstiefel
yes...the writer of this comic likes the idea of EvoDevo being Jabba the Hut. this particular writer still deliberates on whether yaah should be forgiven of his past transgression regarding that picture.yaah said:There were.
![]()
![]()
Deesa hosa Jedi Mind Trick! Ha ha ha ha.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 38
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 16
- Views
- 9K