The Adventures of Harbster Thread - the comic writer is feeling super organized today

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
B

b&ierstiefel

Part1.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have cauterized my anterior and posterior tibials quite well, my friend. Nice to see you kept the smile on your face the whole time even while ruining my basketball career.

:thumbup: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Bravo! Well done!

I don't know about this menacing new image of mine. But it is flattering.

yaah said:
You have cauterized my anterior and posterior tibials quite well, my friend. Nice to see you kept the smile on your face the whole time even while ruining my basketball career.
What can I say? I'm Mr. Cheerful :D

cytoborg said:
:thumbup: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Bravo! Well done!

I don't know about this menacing new image of mine. But it is flattering.
Don't bask in the glory too much. I suggest that you say some last words of farewell to your gonads.

Hey! I might need those!

I have a light saber too, ya know...

Now why would a cytoborg need gonads :smuggrin:? Aren't they half machine? Don't they just assimilate others like the Borg? Though I think I remember the Borg using incubators for fetuses on Voyager.

Btw as an aside how many Paps can a cytoborg screen ;).

Mrbojangles said:
Now why would a cytoborg need gonads :smuggrin:? Aren't they half machine? Don't they just assimilate others like the Borg? Though I think I remember the Borg using incubators for fetuses on Voyager.

Btw as an aside how many Paps can a cytoborg screen ;).
1. In the original Star Wars, cytoborg needed his gonads & lightsaber to make sweet love eventually leading to the creation of Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia. Will Harbster interfere with cytoborg's master plan? Or will Harbster get his ass pwned by the cytoborg thereby leaving intact cytoborg's ability to make sweet sweet love.

2. A cytoborg can screen about 9 Paps. Thank you.

Just 9? That's not very efficient for a half-man/half-machine.

When I was at one of my interviews this attending showed me a machine that screens Paps (I have no idea what the throughput was) before being screened again by a tech/pathologist. Now does that make sense? How can such a thing exist? Maybe it was for HPV screening? But what would it screen by immuno instead of PCR? :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Mrbojangles said:
Just 9? That's not very efficient for a half-man/half-machine.

When I was at one of my interviews this attending showed me a machine that screens Paps (I have no idea what the throughput was) before being screened again by a tech/pathologist. Now does that make sense? How can such a thing exist? Maybe it was for HPV screening? But what would it screen by immuno instead of PCR? :confused:

That is the way technology is progressing - computers can be trained to pick up certain patterns and flag a case for review. There are false positives and false negatives, of course, and I am not sure what the numbers are, but they are probably going to be a factor some day. Computer probably looks at nuclear/cytoplasmic ratio, nuclear density, etc.

Computers reading slides? That is pretty weird. I almost thought the guy was pulling my chain when he showed me the machine because I've never heard of such a thing. The only other histologic diagnostic machine I came accross on the interview trail was a machine at another place that quantified ER/PR (or was it her2/neu?) positivity on breast immunohistochemistry, which isn't that difficult to imagine.

yaah said:
That is the way technology is progressing - computers can be trained to pick up certain patterns and flag a case for review. There are false positives and false negatives, of course, and I am not sure what the numbers are, but they are probably going to be a factor some day. Computer probably looks at nuclear/cytoplasmic ratio, nuclear density, etc.
wow that was deep.

yaah said:
That is the way technology is progressing - computers can be trained to pick up certain patterns and flag a case for review.
Are we talking morphometry? That was explained to me a little while ago. Sounded like training a computer to be a pathologist. Also sounded like more effort than it was worth.... :confused:

:love:

/me is an AndyMilonakis groupie

yaah said:
I think that is the first time you have ever used the :love: smilie.
heh...it's valentine's day and i'm mr. frickin' cheerful so why the hell not?

Duuuuude! you've got mad photoshop skillz! :laugh:

My tummy hurts! :laugh:

bananaface said:
I hope I don't use the :barf: smiley later.
He's finally coming out of the closet and showing us his squishy side.

Whether we want to see it though, remains to be seen :laugh:

I did not realize there was a shortcut for the barf smiley! To think all this time I've been IMG linking it! :oops:

Yes yaah, my mad photoshop skillz dilute out my numchuck skills, bo-staff skills, and computer hacking skillz.

Showing my squishy side? NEVER! :laugh:

deschutes said:
He's finally coming out of the closet and showing us his squishy side.

Whether we want to see it though, remains to be seen :laugh:

I did not realize there was a shortcut for the barf smiley! To think all this time I've been IMG linking it! :oops:
We just added it to the options about a month ago.

Which character would you like to be the focused on character in the next episode of The Adventures of Harbster?

C3PO (yaah)
R2D2 (andy)
Ewok (deschutes)
Geddy won Kenobi (geddy)
bananamidala (bananaface)
Harbster the wookie (harbster)
Princess Leia (stormjen)
Darth Vader (cytoborg)
Dr. Dean (he doesn't really count since he just made a cameo appearance)

Did I forget anyone?

I think a corn-loving sexualy-confused character is in order.

jeff2005 said:
I think a corn-loving sexualy-confused character is in order.
i give you permission to pick your star wars character then....as long as it is corn-loving and sexually-confused. :p

EvoDevo said:
Weren't there any frog-based characters in Star Wars? ;)
no there wasn't mr. invisible man.

waitaminute...you could be jar jar binks

deschutes said:
Why do I never get to be the sexy hot bimbo that all the guys fall for?

No guy is going to run after an ewok.
but ewoks are cute and cuddly... :laugh:

You guys kill me. May I never switch specialties.

yaah said:
There were.

jabba.jpg

:laugh:

Deesa hosa Jedi Mind Trick! Ha ha ha ha.
yes...the writer of this comic likes the idea of EvoDevo being Jabba the Hut. this particular writer still deliberates on whether yaah should be forgiven of his past transgression regarding that picture.