taharahislam

Taharah Islam
May 17, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Has anyone taken the MCAT course at TBR? What was it like? Do you recommend it for someone who needs structure in their studying?

PlsLetMeIn21

2+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2017
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I took it and loved it. I didn't need structure (I was repeating the MCAT and knew what I had to do) but I still benefited from the way they organized their practice phases. Lectures cut down how much time you need to read and pretty much eliminate any need to watch videos, so it allows you to spend more time doing passages. That is where you do your best prep.

Reactions: 1 user

taharahislam

Taharah Islam
May 17, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I took it and loved it. I didn't need structure (I was repeating the MCAT and knew what I had to do) but I still benefited from the way they organized their practice phases. Lectures cut down how much time you need to read and pretty much eliminate any need to watch videos, so it allows you to spend more time doing passages. That is where you do your best prep.
Were you able to get your target score? I’m required to get at least a 505 for a medical school pathway program I was selected for. They told me that’ll be easy. I’m glad you liked the course and benefited from it!

About the Ads
Mar 14, 2019
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Were you able to get your target score? I’m required to get at least a 505 for a medical school pathway program I was selected for. They told me that’ll be easy. I’m glad you liked the course and benefited from it!
505 is 64%-ile. If you normally test well above that, it should be easy, but the MCAT is unlike any test you have ever taken before, so it's impossible to say for sure. Almost half of all test takers cannot score above 500.

As you implied in your OP, courses will provide structure if you need it, and will improve your score if that is what's lacking. They don't magically allow you to get your target score. THAT depends on just what your target is, what your potential is, and how much effort you put in. That is different for everyone. Plenty of people score 520+ without a course, while many people also score below 500 with one. Your results really will be entirely up to you. Good luck.

PlsLetMeIn21

2+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2017
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
My first exam (self studying using primarily the SDN 100 day plan of TPR/EK for CARS and P/S and TBR for C/P and B/B) I got 132 C/P, 122 CARS, 132 B/B, 130 P/S. I applied with that score and didn't get in (only one interview). I repeated this past March and got 132, 127, 130, 130. My decision to take their class was totally spur of the moment (New Year's eve depression can be powerful) and looking back it was the very best thing I could have done. The guy who wrote the chemistry and physics books teaches the classes and he is seriously the best teacher I have ever seen. The other teachers were really good too, but this guy is on a whole different level when it comes to how to think about problems. The only thing I didn't like was commuting. It's time that is totally wasted.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads