• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

**$The 'Job Offer' Thread$**

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2016
Tarsal Tunnel
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Past threads about Job offers/questions/advice/inquiries; this thread is a sticky now!

Reactions: 5 users
About the Ads
Mar 15, 2021
  1. Pre-Podiatry
Yesterday at 10:07 PM
Practices to not work for: Connecticut Foot Care Centers (Drs. Latif, Kahn, Kaufman), PA Foot & Ankle/Advanced Podiatry (Dr. Aisha Chaudhry)

Both are predatory practices looking to abuse new grads. I did not work for CT Foot Care, but spoke with the previous associate, who told me it's not as it seems.
I DID work for Chaudhry. It was a nightmare.

PPs are routinely offering a base salary of 100k with bonus of 20-30% over 3-4x base salary. You will never make that bonus and it is NOT standard in medicine (in podiatry, it's quite common). A low salary of 100k (which is pretty common for starting salary) would not be THAT bad if your bonus is 40% - or even 30% - of your 2x base salary.

When you interview, ask to see proof that a former associate made this bonus and by how much. Do not accept extremely restrictive non-competes (radius of 50 miles, for example, was a "non-negotiable" term in a contract for a job I interviewed for).

Listen. We NEED to be vocal about this. We will never be able to support ourselves or our families and buy homes and pay off our loans if we allow ourselves to be abused. And this includes new grads too - do not be silent bc you believe in the power of proving yourself. You will burn yourself out and, in the end, it will get you nowhere.

We NEED to name and shame. And we NEED to advocate for ourselves and EACH OTHER. By talking about salary & predatory practices, by sticking together, is how we will ALL move forward within our profession AND medicine as a whole. Even if your base salary is 250k, by acknowledging that we ALL should be making what we're worth, you will have more power to negotiate EVEN MORE for yourself.

Please contact me if you have any questions. I am 2 years out of residency.

/Endrant

Reactions: 18 users
Mar 15, 2021
  1. Pre-Podiatry
Hi guys, I've been on reddit, other social media platforms. I kind of feel like I'm getting censored, but maybe I'm not. Maybe I'm just paranoid, ha! We've been arguing about salary fairness in the field and we could argue about it all day. The main point is just don't get screwed like I did. It might be hard to find a "fair"-paying job straight out of residency, but that absolutely does not mean you should take these trash offers. It's ultimately not about the money - THE STRUCTURE LISTED ABOVE--SPECIFICALLY THIS STRUCTURE--is PREDATORY BY NATURE. That is, quite literally, its purpose. Print this out, give it to everyone you know and compare it to the contracts you're offered. Do not be a gunner and keep it to yourself. Because everyone, including you, will be better off knowing this. Our field will be better. You will waste valuable time at a place like this and you'll be no better off. I know we're worried about case numbers, etc, but do not let that blind you, bc in the end if you do, you'll be regretful, like I was, like a lot of my friends were. Bc I had no idea the amount of predators who will look you in the face and tell you their practice is a "family." They are SOCIOPATHS. And it's quite disturbing how many of them you'll encounter.

And honestly, I'm doing fine, I'm happy. I'm not where I want to be, but it's not the end of the world. I'm just mad no one told me, bc I wouldn't have made this mistake.

So I'm telling you now. Let us be the last to make these mistakes.

Reactions: 4 users

underwood

5+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2015
Thank you for the post. I’m currently in residency and will be looking for work in the near future. I wish we had more people posting fair PP jobs that they received or have accepted. These salary forums make it seem as if every graduating podiatrist will be making 100k at most.

CutsWithFury

I like to cut
2+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2019
Podiatry Hell
  1. Podiatrist
Thank you for the post. I’m currently in residency and will be looking for work in the near future. I wish we had more people posting fair PP jobs that they received or have accepted. These salary forums make it seem as if every graduating podiatrist will be making 100k at most.
In private practice? yes it's pretty damn close. There will be some outliers but the majority are making salaries in between 75K-125K first year out of residency. Go solo. Seriously go solo

DYK343

2+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2018
  1. Podiatrist
We applied broadly throughout the US and looked for jobs daily. It was very stressful but worth it. Hang in there yall! :)
This is the way
Unfortunately A solid job is not going to be presented to you on a golden platter
Too many residents wait until march of their graduation year to start looking and end up with crappy PP jobs.
Start your 2nd year.
Apply broadly.

Reactions: 2 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.