The Official 01/28/2012 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sutton

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
.Test Date.: Saturday, January 28, 2012
.Exam Start Time.: 1 p.m.
.Registration Opens.: October 12, 2011
...Tentative.. Score Release Date.: February 28, 2012
.After 5 p.m. ET.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness I've never been this cold in this room before. Anxiety attack commence in less than 2 hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my score already...
Got a 28M. Well, it's better than my first 24. Close enough to 30, I'll take it :) Still, looks I spent more money and months studying for an extra 4 measly points.
verbal: 10
phys: 9
bio: 9

I choked on Bio and can't believe VERBAL was my saving grace, lol.

It's lower than my aamc average though :/

(I took it on 1/27)

Last edited:
AAMC average: 30-31
Predicated: I really had no clue
Actual: 28P (9,9,10)

Meh not horrible, I would have liked to break 30, but I think I'll be okay for DO and maybe MD if I'm lucky. Good luck guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
FAIL. Less than 30

EDIT: I got murdered on PS, I thought I did so much better. I was thinking like an 11 or 12, boy was I wrong.

Last edited:
I expected at least a 30..I got a 28Q ...... 10 PS/ 9 VS/ 9 BS ...I'm going to have to quit my job and do this bastard another time...I wanna die.

I got a 30N somehow.

PS: 12
VR: 9
BS: 9

Im usually really good at PS, but I took too much time on a few questions and guessed. VR I never got above a 6 or 7 on a practice test. And for BS I always got 8's. In general my highest practice test score was a 27.

Since I dont plan on applying on this coming cycle, I think im going to retake next jan or march and study for it after I take genetics, biochem, cell bio, phys, etc.

**** yes boys

Actual 33

9/12/12

Thank god I'm done physics is disappointing but if I were to do bad on a section that's the one to suck on I guess

Omg! Shaking, jumping up and down, can't breath I am so happy!

AAMC Range: 30 - 35
AAMC Average: 33
Predicted: 32
Actual: 34 (11,11,12)

This is my official "hell yeah."
Kaplan diagnostic 19 (promo at local college)
AAMC Range 30 (cold) -- 38 (after self-prep)
AAMC avg 31
Predicted 28 (freaked on PS)
Actual 35R (11,10,14)

sorry to break the scores posted trend but i'm wondering if the scores are automatically being sent to the medical schools to which we have applied.

i'm applying for the class of 2016 and i'm sending these scores as an update to the couple of schools that consider the jan mcat as an update. If anyone knows the answer to whether i need to do anything to have my scores sent (or if this is done automatically) please let me know.

Guys, I started out two years ago with a 28N...I studied for this test for six months, half of which I dedicated to studying for it alone. Then I graduated, got a full time job, and spent six straight months, working 8 hr shifts, coming home and studying for 6 hrs. My score right now is a 36S. Screw what the stats say. YOU CAN DO IT!!! START STUDYING NOW. SKYS THE LIMIT!!!!

I've done these practice tests so many times they're useless now. What other practice tests can I use? FML

Mind you I also did all of this the second time around with chronic low back pain and sciatica. No excuses baby.

SUCH a monkey off my back!

First time: 12/7/11 (30S)
AAMC Average: ~33, 34
This time: 14/9/12 (35T)

Congratulations to everyone on surviving this waiting period! And on some phenomenal scores already!

32. 11/9/12.

Very happy, yet shocked because PS is usually my best section by far. Guess those last two passages really got the best of me lol. But hey, can't complain. Never got above a 9 on BS in practice tests. Good job everyone! What a stressful day!

SAKFHDFKHDS my fingers are still shaking from being scared ****less while checking.

AAMC Range: 33-38
Predicted: 30ish. I felt (like everyone else) like I bombed PS, and I only studied for about a month. I had already scheduled again for the March test..which I can now cancel! :D

Actual: 37R

I've always been a lurker on SDN, but I felt overwhelmed and needed to tell someone.

I'M SO HAPPYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh. Did not go as well as I would have liked. However, congrats to everyone who got the scores they were hoping for.:)

New to post just been lurking for a while. Thanks o all you are great resources.

First time: 28R
Predicted: 29
AAMC average: 31
Actual: 35S =)

Mine still hasn't been released. Anybody ever heard of this? Would some be delayed for whatever reason?

Last edited:
AAMC Average: 28-29
Predicted: 28
Actual: 31S

!!!!!!!!!!! Literally the happiest I have ever been I put so much of myself into this test and felt sooo great coming out!!! Cannot believe how happy I am :):):):)

aamc average : 35
aamc 11 : 34 (vr 9, ps 13, bs 12)
real thing : 34 (vr 11, ps 11, bs 12) WTF vr and ps.
Still, better that it's a balanced score.
Nice knowing you, MCAT.

For all those considering a retake, it can be done!

First MCAT: 27M :eek::mad::(
VR: 6
PS: 9
WS: M
BS: 12

Second (FINAL) MCAT: 32Q :D:laugh::rolleyes:
VR: 11
PS: 10
WS: Q
BS: 11

So happy, so frickin relieved. For everyone who got a score they wanted, congrats, if you scored lower than you wanted/ needed, it'll be tough to go through this hellish process again, but you can do it :)