The Official 04/28/2012 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HoltMD

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I should start this thread/support system. Good luck studying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah so I was feeling depressed, but then I got an 11 on BR CBT #4. I would've gotten 15 if I didn't change my 5 right answers to the wrong ones. Maybe there's hope for me after all!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Writing is gone, not VR.

Lol thought this said Wittig at first got a little excited

God damn man that's really good!

How the **** did you get so high in Verbal, I think I really hate you.
thanks...ahhh i dunno about verbal though thats the highest ive ever scored on verbal first go around...im thinking that was just a fluke....pretty pissed about bio that **** had some ridiculous kidney based questions

and that urea question had me thinking about bird **** and pig **** for a SOLID 4 minutes

Hey man, it was this one -

UN9RH.jpg

Number 40 I had no idea, I just had to guess. This passage brought my score down to an 11:mad:

And I see what you're saying about the elements that gain electrons becoming gases, but keep in mind that's not always true. Sometimes they turn into metals and plate out.

And tina - prostitution? Lemme hollar at you girl

Totally forgot about the whole d orbital bit. Classic example of why the MCAT is so ****ing annoying. Read quickly and get ****ed. Read carefully (slowly) get ****ed bc of time constraints.

Results of AAMC 9:

hucou.png

DURING:
PS: I felt okay bout it, was iffy on a few
VR: Dear AAMC, if you're going to f*ck me in the middle of my MCAT, you should at least take me out for dinner and a movie before doing so. **** you.
BS: wasn't too bad I thought, the agnathins passage was annoying as **** though..

AFTER:
PS: ****!
BS: ****!
VR: ****!!!!

I missed a 13 in both PS and BS by ONE GOD DAMN QUESTION. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: . Ugh this is depressing, I would have been a lot happier if I just got one more right in BS and PS to get the 2 extra points.

edit: I'm looking at what I got wrong in the PS section...I calculated 1/.05 wrong..am I in 3rd grade still? the ****...
As for bs I actually picked the wrong structure of a molecule that I've been drawing nearly every day in one of my classes. Ugh you've gotta be joking...35 was totally up for grabs

Last edited:
Results of AAMC 9:

hucou.png

DURING:
VR: Dear AAMC, if you're going to f*ck me in the middle of my MCAT, you should at least take me out for dinner and a movie before doing so. **** you.
BS: wasn't too bad I thought, the agnathins passage was annoying as **** though..

AFTER:

I missed a 13 in both PS and BS by ONE GOD DAMN QUESTION. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: . Ugh this is depressing, I would have been a lot happier if I just got one more right in BS and PS to get the 2 extra points.

edit: I'm looking at what I got wrong in the PS section...I calculated 1/.05 wrong..am I in 3rd grade still? the ****...
As for bs I actually picked the wrong structure of a molecule that I've been drawing nearly every day in one of my classes. Ugh you've gotta be joking...35 was totally up for grabs

The angathans passage was ludicrous.

View attachment 19132
AAMC11

WTF PS was brutal

15 in BS!!!!???!!! damnnn sonnn...held it down

Results of AAMC 9:

hucou.png

DURING:

AFTER:

niceeee TI i totally feel you about the stupid mistakes...its so frustrating on aamcs 3,4,5 those stupid mistakes bogged my score done like craaaazzyyy 7 and 8 not as much but still held it down 1-2 pts

crazy though that you and pfaction are pretty much scoring the same

and is it just me or is this the MOST ACTIVE mcat day thread sdn has ever seen loool

i was looking at my iphone and saw there were something like 800 posts in this thing LOOOL :thumbup::thumbup:

niceeee TI i totally feel you about the stupid mistakes...its so frustrating on aamcs 3,4,5 those stupid mistakes bogged my score done like craaaazzyyy 7 and 8 not as much but still held it down 1-2 pts

crazy though that you and pfaction are pretty much scoring the same

and is it just me or is this the MOST ACTIVE mcat day thread sdn has ever seen loool

i was looking at my iphone and saw there were something like 800 posts in this thing LOOOL :thumbup::thumbup:

Yeah..now I don't know if I should wait to take my real mcat or not...verbal is definitely holding me back..

Yeah..now I don't know if I should wait to take my real mcat or not...verbal is definitely holding me back..

ehh i was sort of on your side in terms of feeling my scores could be 2-4 pts higher on average, but then i remembered why i signed up for this date in the first place.

AMCAS opens up early june and you want your application in about 1-2 weeks to get verified let alone filling the damn thing out. A lot of med schools are rolling admission and a majority want to see you're MCAT before they decide to offer an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah that's why I'm so unsure. But I need a higher mcat score to make up for a lower gpa so I'd rather not apply with a mediocre score

Ugh, I am getting rocked by the orgo passages in the Official AAMC guide, where I thought every other topic was pretty easy :( I guess I should've studied more orgo earlier. All I can do now is hope for an orgo-light exam- going to be so sad when there are two orgo passages and a bunch of discretes

I made the worst mistakes in PS. I freaked out. I hate calculations. I got chewed up. The only thing keeping me sane is a 15 in bio. Hopefully I pull those tricks next week.

I need to keep calm for PS. That was my lowest score, besides pre-studying.

NOT looking forward to 11 tomorrow. And why is there a question in the AAMC guide that requires knowledge of specific amino acid structures!? I thought we didn't have to memorize all the aas? I knew them for biochem but that was 8 years ago.

24/40 on EK11. **** life, so hard. **** it.

At this point, I'm going to sit in on the MCAT, take PS and BS, "wing" VR, and hope I get an 8 or above. Assuming 8 isn't a screen out factor, that is, I'd love a 9.

Just finished AAMC9, and first time single digits for Bio :/

PS/VR/BS
13/7/9

29 again. 29 seems to be my number.

In all that aside, wow AAMC 9 made my brain ache slightly more compared to the earlier AAMCs. I am hungrier post-AAMC9 compared to the earlier FLs as well.

ugh after looking over AAMC 9 that I took today, and other AAMC's, I can see that most of my mistakes in chem are from Acid base chem and electrochem. As for physics it's always something to do with waves that gets me. Guess I know what i'm working on tonight :thumbup:

I guessed on a lot of those wave questions and got them right. Woo. But seriously TI, are you ESL, if not, what're you gonna do abt verbal?

I guessed on a lot of those wave questions and got them right. Woo. But seriously TI, are you ESL, if not, what're you gonna do abt verbal?

I've never had to flat out guess on a PS question because I have a general understanding of all the PS topics and I get what is happening fairly well, but most of the time I'll just get stuck because I'm not 100% on the topic.

@your second question, I'm not ESL which is why I'm really pissed right now...I have to think really hard about this over the next couple days. Since I'm only a junior right now I could just bite the bullet and study for the MCAT more over the summer and then just apply next cycle. Or I can magically figure out the key to verbal within a few days and take it on saturday :laugh: Good thing about applying next year is that my gpa will be much more competitive than it is right now but still it's an extra year. I don't know what to do I'm so lost :( My science scores are solid and I'm pretty confident with them, it's just verbal that is kicking my ass and holding me back.

What about you? Are you still 100% about taking it on saturday?

Yes. I am. After that, April 29th = detox period: Write PS, review all of my ****ing clinical medicine because on May 1st, I step into my hospital rotations. I'd rather not a) earn bad grades; b) **** people up; c) have the residents and attendings hate me.

Yes. I am. After that, April 29th = detox period: Write PS, review all of my ****ing clinical medicine because on May 1st, I step into my hospital rotations. I'd rather not a) earn bad grades; b) **** people up; c) have the residents and attendings hate me.

ohh so you don't even have the option to take it in the summer? What are your plans if..you know..you don't do so hot on the real thing?

I have a choice whether to pursue clinical pharmacy, or stick on my path, take it again in 2013...

I have a choice whether to pursue clinical pharmacy, or stick on my path, take it again in 2013...

so you'd have to wait until next spring? that sucks! anyways lets not worry about that and just focus on getting it right the first time around

edit: also does anyone notice how when you're doing the AAMC's formulas and concepts just magically come to you? When I'm just sitting around trying to remember formula's or certain concepts I have a really hard time doing it, but while I'm taking the exam they just pop into my head. It's really cool actually lol

so you'd have to wait until next spring? that sucks! anyways lets not worry about that and just focus on getting it right the first time around

edit: also does anyone notice how when you're doing the AAMC's formulas and concepts just magically come to you? When I'm just sitting around trying to remember formula's or certain concepts I have a really hard time doing it, but while I'm taking the exam they just pop into my head. It's really cool actually lol

haha funny you say that, even when I'm reviewing questions I go "how the eff did I get that"...

31 on AAMC 7 today, AAMC 8 tomorrow

GL; AAMC8 was my "**** it" AAMC and I still did well. What's your Verbal status?

10, I'm consistently in the 10-11 range and I lost focus on VR today and still did well

PS was really easy minus the earthquake passage and I still gotta 9, oh well just gotta keep working hard

yo pfaction and typicalindian -
Why are you guys trippin? Relax! My buddy got into a good Texas school with a 7 on her verbal MCAT. Even if you get an 8, there's always a chance. And if you do end up getting a low verbal score, who cares? Just retake. It's not like you have kids to feed or anything. Average age for med school is like 25, and pfaction I believe you're 22 (like myself) so what's the hurry? Just relax and see what happens. It'll all work out in the end.

As a side note, my girlfriend got 96th percentile on her DAT, which is an amazing score. Her stats were perfect. She got rejected to all 6 dental schools that she applied to. Just goes to show you, stats don't mean all that much. Your whole application counts (her personal statement and ECs were weak).

Yes, but there's an auto-screen and I'm aiming for the state I live in, NY. Which is very harsh, I think, when it comes to letting people in.

Ideally I want to graduate and go straight in, because it's hard to turn down a well paying job, you know? Imagine rejecting 100k.

****ing god damn it. 3/7 and 3/7 on two TPRH passages that I've never done, near the end of the book. **** life. I just want a 9. I'll take a 9.

****ing god damn it. 3/7 and 3/7 on two TPRH passages that I've never done, near the end of the book. **** life. I just want a 9. I'll take a 9.

Maybe try searching around for a different approach and just play with different methods until you find one that works?

Yes, but there's an auto-screen and I'm aiming for the state I live in, NY. Which is very harsh, I think, when it comes to letting people in.

Ideally I want to graduate and go straight in, because it's hard to turn down a well paying job, you know? Imagine rejecting 100k.
New yorker right here too! So competitive here man, it sucks.

I'm from California. Anyone here getting more stressed? Man I don't know why but the stress felt like it disappeared from me.

I'm from California. Anyone here getting more stressed? Man I don't know why but the stress felt like it disappeared from me.

I'm getting less stressed, it's just a stupid test, and we've studied our ass off...focus, be confident in your knowledge and don't make silly errors--I'm taking an FL tomorrow (technically today) again and going out at night to blow off some steam!

Yea I get that too. Formulas just come to my mind right away during the FLs. Pretty cool alright.

I'm getting less stressed, it's just a stupid test, and we've studied our ass off...focus, be confident in your knowledge and don't make silly errors--I'm taking an FL tomorrow (technically today) again and going out at night to blow off some steam!

Gonna be watching Avengers after this test. Even though it comes out a few days after lol. But yeah, that and the NBA playoffs actually start the day of our test guys!! Man I'm gonna miss a couple or three games (probably more) ARGH!! But at least it'll just be day one haha. I am just happy this is almost over.

Gonna be watching Avengers after this test. Even though it comes out a few days after lol. But yeah, that and the NBA playoffs actually start the day of our test guys!! Man I'm gonna miss a couple or three games (probably more) ARGH!! But at least it'll just be day one haha. I am just happy this is almost over.

yeah I'm a huge NBA fan. I'll probably go out tomorrow night and then REALLY go out next Saturday night

OK I am registered for this one. Haven't posted here in the 4/28 yet. I switched my date from an earlier date.

youeverknow i remember your posts from last year, did you take the MCAT last year?

Anyway I took AAMC 9 a few days ago and got a 9 on VR, one Q away from 10....I bring that up because I want to know if any of you thought that VR was brutal or what? it felt tougher than the other ones I've taken. On the bright side, i finished the section with a couple of minutes.

Aaargh I just realized I changed one of the marked PS questions on waves from right to wrong on the last second. I could've gotten a 14 on PS!

Btw, how are you guys planning to get to the testing center? Is it far away from where you live? About how many hours? Mine is about 2 hours away, but I decided to stay at a local motel the night before so I can sleep until 10am without worrying about driving and waking up too early.

And also, all we need is a valid ID right? What else do we need to bring? Just for checklist purposes.

Btw, how are you guys planning to get to the testing center? Is it far away from where you live? About how many hours? Mine is about 2 hours away, but I decided to stay at a local motel the night before so I can sleep until 10am without worrying about driving and waking up too early.

And also, all we need is a valid ID right? What else do we need to bring? Just for checklist purposes.

Mine is about a half hour away, I believe. Also, I like your idea.

Can we all make a check list right now rather than the day before the exam? It might calm our nerves...

I'll start
1) driver's license
2) snacks/food

add to the list por favor...

Yo pfaction, chill out dude. If I remember correctly, you could hit 9 on VR at least twice right ? You're not very far away form the 10 dude. Just relax ! I never even reached that freaking 9 !