You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
The Official 2008 Acceptance Thread Psy.D/Ph.D
Started by psych08
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
on a somewhat related note to this thread in general...anyone feel like starting up an acceptance thread where people state where they have decided to go now that offers are starting to come in? I know it's early but hey...another opportunity for distraction and/or obsession 🙂
I received an offer by phone from the head of the department for the Forensic/Clinical Psych PhD program at John Jay this afternoon! So that can be added to the list too!
WOW!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!! I interviewed there last week too! I wonder if we met? I would love to chat with you about your experience at the interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WOW!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!! I interviewed there last week too! I wonder if we met? I would love to chat with you about your experience at the interview.
I remember running into a few people across different interviews...which can happen a lot if you share interests.
Acceptance Dalhousie University via email from the Grad Coordinator today.
what program is this for??
I know someone else already posted about this school, but I wanted to also.
Got a call from my POI tonight with an acceptance to University of Kentucky clinical program. w00t!
Got a call from my POI tonight with an acceptance to University of Kentucky clinical program. w00t!
what program is this for??
Clinical Phd.
I doubt that they have extended all their offers though. goodluck!!
Is it better to hear nothing???
I heard the rejection letters go out first??
I don't know about all schools, but most of my rejection letters came in April. Sometimes hearing nothing means you're waitlisted, but sometimes they are just slow at saying no. 🙁
Is it better to hear nothing???
I heard the rejection letters go out first??
In the beginning those who don't make the cutoff scores get rejected immediately but later on as time goes on more people get rejected. The last people probably get rejected in around mid april.
So I applied to the Clinical program at Teacher's College, was politely declined in the letter I received from them yesterday, but offered admission to their MA program. I read that this happened to another person as well. What to do? Kind of cool to know that I at least have an option (as opposed to having absolutely nowhere to attend in the fall), but all of these negative comments I'm reading about the program makes me nervous! A lot of it is from a few years ago, so I don't know how accurate it is. I just don't know much about the program since I had only considered the doctoral program, so any info helps! If anybody has up-to-date info about the MA program that they would like to share, I would probably love them forever. 😉
So I applied to the Clinical program at Teacher's College, was politely declined in the letter I received from them yesterday, but offered admission to their MA program. I read that this happened to another person as well. What to do? Kind of cool to know that I at least have an option (as opposed to having absolutely nowhere to attend in the fall), but all of these negative comments I'm reading about the program makes me nervous! A lot of it is from a few years ago, so I don't know how accurate it is. I just don't know much about the program since I had only considered the doctoral program, so any info helps! If anybody has up-to-date info about the MA program that they would like to share, I would probably love them forever. 😉
I did my MA there and finished in '06, which is pretty recent. Let me know if you want any info - I have mixed feelings on the program.
I interviewed for NYU Counseling this morning, and got a phone call this afternoon telling me I was accepted and materials will be in the mail!🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats, that's awesome! they have like a 2% acceptance rate or something, and are one of the only NYC counseling phd programs to fund!
i would love it if i could find out about my status the same day i interviewed. any things from your interview, or how you prepped for it that really stand out?
i would love it if i could find out about my status the same day i interviewed. any things from your interview, or how you prepped for it that really stand out?
Just received an acceptance to University of Southern California clinical ph.d program- via email
Oh my gosh! Congratulations, that's a great school. I am also applying there...Did you have an interview before the acceptance offer?
I am in at Tulsa (phone call from POI).
I have a question about Kentucky... is anyone aware of how they notify you if you're NOT in? At the end of the interview day, they made it sound like you'd be notified within the week even if you weren't in, but I haven't heard anything... Help!
I have a question about Kentucky... is anyone aware of how they notify you if you're NOT in? At the end of the interview day, they made it sound like you'd be notified within the week even if you weren't in, but I haven't heard anything... Help!
Eastern Michigan mentioned that they would be contacting people by the end of the week (like today)...has anyone received an acceptance?
Eastern Michigan mentioned that they would be contacting people by the end of the week (like today)...has anyone received an acceptance?
I went to EMU's interview last week, and was also told they would contact people by today... Anyway, I couldn't stand waiting anymore, so I called, and from what I gather, if you haven't already heard from them you are probably waitlisted. You should contact Dr. Koch (the director) to be sure and find out your position. PM me if you want to talk about it more!
Accepted to Tulane School Psych via e-mail today! 🙂
Congrats!!! I went to Tulane for my undergrad it's such an awesome place. Can I ask who your POI is? Also if you have any questions about the program or the city I might be able to help
I've been trying to post for several days now, but for some reason I couldn't get a verification e-mail. At any rate:
University of North Dakota, Counseling Psychology Ph.D., wait listed via e-mail on 2-21
University of Louisville, Counseling Psychology Ph.D., accepted via postal service on 2-12-08
University of Northern Colorado, Counseling Psychology Psy.D., accepted via e-mail on 2-22-08
Ball State University, Counseling Psychology Ph.D., accepted via e-mail on 2-22-08
University of North Dakota, Counseling Psychology Ph.D., wait listed via e-mail on 2-21
University of Louisville, Counseling Psychology Ph.D., accepted via postal service on 2-12-08
University of Northern Colorado, Counseling Psychology Psy.D., accepted via e-mail on 2-22-08
Ball State University, Counseling Psychology Ph.D., accepted via e-mail on 2-22-08
I've been trying to post for several days now, but for some reason I couldn't get a verification e-mail. At any rate:
University of North Dakota, Counseling Psychology Ph.D., wait listed via e-mail on 2-21
University of Louisville, Counseling Psychology Ph.D., accepted via postal service on 2-12-08
University of Northern Colorado, Counseling Psychology Psy.D., accepted via e-mail on 2-22-08
Ball State University, Counseling Psychology Ph.D., accepted via e-mail on 2-22-08
congrats! seems like you got a good few to pick and chose from. Thats amazing 🙂
Accepted to Univ of Miami (Health track) clinical program. Notified 2/21 via email.
congratulations on nyu honeydew! ! You sound excited- do you think you will accept?
Not sure about accepting yet, but we do have until 4/15! I applied to other Clinical Programs, and now I'm having the same issue- Clinical PhD over Counseling PhD. The only counseling PhD program I applied to was NYU. Any thoughts? I've heard that some hospitals don't take Counseling PhD students into their externships.
Not sure about accepting yet, but we do have until 4/15!
Just a friendly forewarning, most schools (and other applicants) will be quite displeased if you actually do wait until 4/15 to make decisions- it is considered good form to make the decision as soon as it is reasonable for you (that is, once you have all the relevant information) 🙂
Just so your list is accurate--the University of Northern Colorado's counseling psychology program is a Psy.D., not a Ph.D. 🙂
thanks! Are most counseling programs psy.d? Can others chech the list to see if its accurate. Ill make another category for psy.d...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks! Are most counseling programs psy.d? Can others chech the list to see if its accurate. Ill make another category for psy.d...
No, most counseling psych programs are phd programs. I think there are only 3 counseling psych programs that offer the psyd.
D
deleted190534
I just got a call that I was accepted into the University of Arkansas!!! I'm so excited!
Me too! (Sorry, I just found this board!) If you're comfortable with it, I'd like to know who your advisor would be. (Feel free to PM.) CONGRATS! Maybe we'll be in the same cohort!
I'm really excited to have found this forum as I'm waiting to hear from the majority of my schools!
There are 2 scheduled dates for NOVA Southeastern's PsyD interviews and I haven't heard from them yet! The last one is on March 10. Is there a chance that they're still sending invites? I called last week and the lady I spoke with said that there was no decision made as of yet! Any one hear from Nova recently?
There are 2 scheduled dates for NOVA Southeastern's PsyD interviews and I haven't heard from them yet! The last one is on March 10. Is there a chance that they're still sending invites? I called last week and the lady I spoke with said that there was no decision made as of yet! Any one hear from Nova recently?
Just a friendly forewarning, most schools (and other applicants) will be quite displeased if you actually do wait until 4/15 to make decisions- it is considered good form to make the decision as soon as it is reasonable for you (that is, once you have all the relevant information) 🙂
BorntoRun-this is excellent advice, I know it's true, but a good reminder 🙂
I interviewed at the University of Alabama Birmingham for their Medical/Clinical Psychology Ph.D program a few weeks ago. They sent me an email stating that they made their first offers 2/20. I wasn't one of the lucky few (6) that got an offer.🙁 Oh well. It happens. Things are always okay, even when they're not.
Acceptance e-mail from program head to CUNY -- Queens College Neuropsychology Ph.D. program, Clinical track 😀
I was accepted into the University of Missouri-St. Louis clinical psychology phd program via phone call and email from the DCT 

I called LaSalle University on 2/25/08 and was apparently mailed an acceptance letter. I did not receive it, but was told I was accepted and that they would send out another letter. Sooo... calling really helps in the event of a snail mail fail. Woooo Hooo !!!! Good luck everyone!😀
Acceptance to UConn's clinical Ph.D. program. Phone call from POI today.
Congrats!!!
Would you mind letting me know who your POI is? You can PM me if you want, but I'm going out of my mind waiting to hear back from UConn...
I called LaSalle University on 2/25/08 and was apparently mailed an acceptance letter. I did not receive it, but was told I was accepted and that they would send out another letter. Sooo... calling really helps in the event of a snail mail fail. Woooo Hooo !!!! Good luck everyone!😀
for what program?
Has anyone heard anything post-interview from Loyola Chicago Phd in Clinical Psychology?
A couple more to add to the list:
Michigan State University accepted 2.20 via phone call from chair of admissions committee
University of South Florida accepted 2.25 via email from program secretary and POI
Michigan State University accepted 2.20 via phone call from chair of admissions committee
University of South Florida accepted 2.25 via email from program secretary and POI
Sorry-those are both clinical PhD programs!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted 2/25/08 via phone call from POI to University of Pittsburgh Clinical Psych Ph.D. program
I called LaSalle University on 2/25/08 and was apparently mailed an acceptance letter. I did not receive it, but was told I was accepted and that they would send out another letter. Sooo... calling really helps in the event of a snail mail fail. Woooo Hooo !!!! Good luck everyone!😀
I was thinking about doing the very same thing but haven't. I shall be calling them tomorrow! Congrats!
I was accepted at UMiami's clinical Ph.D. program, child track! Acceptance came today via snail mail.
congrats! We may be classmates in the fall 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 31
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 44
- Views
- 4K