The Official 2008 Acceptance Thread Psy.D/Ph.D

Started by psych08
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Widener still has two interviews dates coming up (Feb. 29th and March 13th - I think), but I am wondering if any candidates who participated in the first two sessions have heard anything yet?

I'll take gossip and hearsay at this point ...

I've been wondering the same thing myself. As of today, I haven't heard a word. At the interview they told us we'd hear a little before or around the first week of March, right?
 
Catholic University of America (clinical psychology PhD) acceptance via phone call 2/27
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted to Wheaton PsyD program. Via email from Director of Admissions. Official acceptance packet coming in mail next week!👍👍
 
I just heard from the DCT at Kent State's Clinical program (via phone) that I have been accepted. They said a snail mail official letter will be sent as well.

My first! SO very exciting!!!

Also though, I too received one of those weird emails from VCU where you could read it as an acceptance or a maybe...they are supposed to call today so I will keep you posted.

May I ask who your POI is? And do you know if they are still making calls?
 
Me too!!!!!!!! My first one! Thank goodness, I will be going to grad 😀:hardy:😀👍school!
 
I've been wondering the same thing myself. As of today, I haven't heard a word. At the interview they told us we'd hear a little before or around the first week of March, right?
I think during my session there were some careful statements approximately like "we'll start making decisions in March" along with, "why wouldn't we wait until we interviewed all the candidates" along with "APA requires we have all acceptances post-marked no later than Aptil 1st." Seeing some of the other programs seem to be doing "rolling" notices, I was wondering if they are doing cuts of their pool. I guess we continue to wait. sigh.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted to the clinical ph.d. program at the university of illinois, urbana-champaign via phone call on Jan 30!!!
 
Congratulations (classmate?!)!


\

very likely! it's a great program and in my top three. it's so wierd how you can go from "if i get in this year" to "i need to wait to hear back form my schools so i can fully examine my options". i'm so glad to have this opportunity, it feels almost ungrateful to not accept right away, but i did apply to several other great programs too...😀
 
Me too! I started crying (and couldn't stop for about 30 minutes). I still have two interviews scheduled and am waiting to hear from 2 others but at least I know I am going to a doctoral program this fall.
 
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) - Clinical Psych PsyD via snail mail this past Tuesday!
 
I received an email from the secretary today that I was an alternate on their "limited list of alternates" -- it was "signed" by the DCT.
 
This is so exciting, thanks for starting this thread! I was accepted to Sam Houston State University's Clinical PhD program on 2/13 via phone call after interview, and accepted to Pacific Graduate School of Psychology's PhD program today 2/28 via snail mail without an interview. Good luck everyone! :laugh:
 
I haven't been accepted anywhere yet (but my interview isn't actually until next week), BUT my friend has been accepted to both Temple and Southern Methodist University (the latter of which is unaccredited in case you wanted to know). Both Clinical Psych PhD programs.
 
Hi, I just recieved an email from the Fordham (Clinical PhD) DCT stating that I had been placed on their wait-list. What does that mean? Are they just keeping me as a long-shot backup plan, or is there a real chance that I might be accepted?
 
Hi, I just recieved an email from the Fordham (Clinical PhD) DCT stating that I had been placed on their wait-list. What does that mean? Are they just keeping me as a long-shot backup plan, or is there a real chance that I might be accepted?

There are plenty of people that get accepted off of waitlists. What it means is that they've offered to someone else, and if that person declines they go to their waitlist and offer to the first alternate. You still have a shot at being accepted.
 
There are plenty of people that get accepted off of waitlists. What it means is that they've offered to someone else, and if that person declines they go to their waitlist and offer to the first alternate. You still have a shot at being accepted.


I have a similar issue. I received an email today from my POI at one school saying I was still on the waitlist, but she thought I would get in anyway...why not just offer me the spot now then? I hate the politics of this whole thing. Again, I think that programs have limited money, so they can't offer all the people acceptances they want, but have to wait for people to decline the offer.
 
Do you know anything about the financial package here? now that i'm in i'm having the 'how do i pay?' breakdown... 🙂

very likely! it's a great program and in my top three. it's so wierd how you can go from "if i get in this year" to "i need to wait to hear back form my schools so i can fully examine my options". i'm so glad to have this opportunity, it feels almost ungrateful to not accept right away, but i did apply to several other great programs too...😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a similar issue. I received an email today from my POI at one school saying I was still on the waitlist, but she thought I would get in anyway...why not just offer me the spot now then? I hate the politics of this whole thing. Again, I think that programs have limited money, so they can't offer all the people acceptances they want, but have to wait for people to decline the offer.
They can only make as many offers as they can realistically afford. If a program wants 6-8 students I think they generally will make 10 offers.
 
waitlist information from Virginia Commonwealth University - clinical PhD
phone call on 2/28 from POI
 
I received an email from the secretary today that I was an alternate on their "limited list of alternates" -- it was "signed" by the DCT.

What Loyola campus was this for, Maryland or Chicago? Also, what program. Im assuming Clinical Ph.D. but I dont want to add wrong information. Thanks!
 
Has anyone heard back from Southern Illinois clinical Ph.D. yet? I am just curious, because they made it sound as if we would know something this week.
 
For everyone that's mentioning they are waitlisted. Did you interview first or are you being told you are on the waitlist without an interview? Just curious.
 
For everyone that's mentioning they are waitlisted. Did you interview first or are you being told you are on the waitlist without an interview? Just curious.


I've been wait listed for 2 schools - and interviewed at both of them first. Kind of freaking out because I'm not a big fan of this waiting game.. but I am grateful to have made it this far. Hopefully something works out - I'm starting to get nervous!! :scared:
 
I was waitlisted via e-mail on 2/28 for the northern illinois clinical ph.d. If anyone is going to turn down do so soon to calm the nerves of us waitlisters! hehe

In addition to the two others I see on here, I've also been accepted to ferkauf's clinical health ph.d program on 2/28 via phone call
 
I was waitlisted via e-mail on 2/28 for the northern illinois clinical ph.d. If anyone is going to turn down do so soon to calm the nerves of us waitlisters! hehe

In addition to the two others I see on here, I've also been accepted to ferkauf's clinical health ph.d program on 2/28 via phone call


I also was waitlisted at NIU. haha Hopefully we still have a chance!
 
and LIU CW Post PsyD are making phone calls!

good luck, everyone!

sp consortium!
 
Do you know anything about the financial package here? now that i'm in i'm having the 'how do i pay?' breakdown... 🙂

i know! i just got my admit letter and it has NO info on aid -- anyone else have any insight? the website itself says students get aid through various sources, such as scholarships and fellowships, but it's pretty vague...
 
Accepted to University of North Texas clinical PhD program via phone call and email from DCT 2/29 11:45 am EST

Happy leap day for me!
 
Marquette University's clinical program just contacted via e-mail to say I have been accepted. Just thought I'd pass this on...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was waitlisted via e-mail on 2/28 for the northern illinois clinical ph.d. If anyone is going to turn down do so soon to calm the nerves of us waitlisters! hehe

In addition to the two others I see on here, I've also been accepted to ferkauf's clinical health ph.d program on 2/28 via phone call

I also was waitlisted at NIU. haha Hopefully we still have a chance!

NIU's waitlist generally moves fairly quickly and they typically do accept at least a student or two from it each year. So, don't give up hope yet! If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me (I'm a current student and I was initially waitlisted there).

G'luck! :luck:
 
I just received a phone call from my POI from LIU-CW Post Campus Clinical Psy. D program with the amazing news that I have been accepted to their program for next fall!!!!


WOO HOO!!!!
 
wannabephd said:
I was waitlisted via e-mail on 2/28 for the northern illinois clinical ph.d. If anyone is going to turn down do so soon to calm the nerves of us waitlisters! hehe

psych1231 said:
I also was waitlisted at NIU. haha Hopefully we still have a chance!

I'm also on the waitlist... Do you know what # you are on the list? Who is your POI if you don't mind sharing (can PM if you like)?