The Official Anti-Clinical Medicine Thread

Started by b&ierstiefel
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bananaface said:
...which would mean you're inviting him to post a screename other than FP.
i was typing out a response but then realized the folly of my reasoning process.

you win banana. good job 🙂

dehhhhhhhh
 
AndyMilonakis said:
i was typing out a response but then realized the folly of my reasoning process.

you win banana. good job 🙂

dehhhhhhhh



need to sleep.........

need to sleep...........

need to sleep..........................
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
quant said:
need to sleep.........

need to sleep...........

need to sleep..........................


ok for the last time then....

gd nite folks.......
 
bananaface said:
Do you have the flu or what?
yeah...it's a nasty strain too...been sick for almost a week now. i am just thankful that it's not a stomach flu and that i don't have mudbutt.
 
I'm sorry. That's no fun. Next year, go for FluMist if you qualify. It's waaaay better than the shot. And, that thing about transmission via viral shedding is a load of crap. The single case report was "misplaced" according to the FDA.

Seriously, I hope you feel better soon. Goodnight!
 
bananaface said:
I'm sorry. That's no fun. Next year, go for FluMist if you qualify. It's waaaay better than the shot. And, that thing about transmission via viral shedding is a load of crap. The single case report was "misplaced" according to the FDA.

Seriously, I hope you feel better soon. Goodnight!
Ha! This year was the one year I did NOT get the flu vaccine. Wasn't there some shortage where only old people could get the vaccine or something? Anyway, the old folks need it more than I do ... I mean let's face it, the flu will just inconvenience me for a week or two. If old people get the flu, they simply croak.
 
yaah said:
Quant likes punctuation! 😉


Well Yaah, i need to know if you mean it or you dont.....since i have a different answer depending on what you mean..... :laugh: :laugh:

If you mean it, that's because im a highly expressive person..... :laugh:

If you dont mean it, well i think i need to show more animation in my typing.... :laugh: :laugh:
 
yaah said:
Quant likes punctuation! 😉
🙁 I think he means the 40 dots that compose each ellipsis - one of my hang-ups. But, expressive is good, no?..........
 
yaah said:
I meant the exclamation points mostly. Mostly. Eh, I won't post her pic again here.

But I like the enthusiasm quant, no worries. I just notice stuff like that!


Quite perceptive i must say yaah!!!.....not many people notice trivia, it' s an art.I say it from experience since im big time into trivia or rather used to be.....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
geddy said:
🙁 I think he means the 40 dots that compose each ellipsis - one of my hang-ups. But, expressive is good, no?..........


Expressive is good me thinks!.....tells a lot about a person....
You can tell a lot about a person from the way he types....
 
beary said:
quant is being totally....... postastic!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:


yeah beary. i turned over a new leaf!!!!!.......all thanks to the unrelenting hazing at the hands of Andy regarding my posting habits....!!!! :laugh:
 
20:00 - quant obtains speed from next door neighbor.
20:20 - quant takes the speed
21:00 - quant is totally feeling it.
23:00 - quant still feeling it. mostly
23:10 - quant on SDN showing everyone what speed does to a person.

TAH DAH!
 
AndyMilonakis said:
20:00 - quant obtains speed from next door neighbor.
20:20 - quant takes the speed
21:00 - quant is totally feeling it.
23:00 - quant still feeling it. mostly
23:10 - quant on SDN showing everyone what speed does to a person.

TAH DAH!


Told ya...i am merely bubbly....its also the research.....research makes happy cows and great cheese comes from happy research cows.....
wtf am i babbling?
 
quant said:
Told ya...i am merely bubbly....its also the research.....research makes happy cows and great cheese comes from happy research cows.....
wtf am i babbling?
LADoc00 is gonna go medieval on yo ass.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
quant said:
What beer do you like?
I like a variety of beers...you have the classic ones like Sam Adams, Warsteiner, Hacker Pschorr (sp?) Weiss...then you have the Michigan microbrews like Bells. I also like Guinness and Boddington's. But in my fridge is a nice 12 pack of Newcastle...ooo...it's like a beautiful woman with...woops, there I go again.
 
AndyMilonakis said:
But in my fridge is a nice 12 pack of Newcastle...ooo...it's like a beautiful woman with...woops, there I go again.



lololol


you know you are teetering at the brink when you........
 
ahh that was refreshing. very few things beat an ice-cold newcastle in the middle of the night. 🙂
 
AndyMilonakis said:
Ha! This year was the one year I did NOT get the flu vaccine. Wasn't there some shortage where only old people could get the vaccine or something? Anyway, the old folks need it more than I do ... I mean let's face it, the flu will just inconvenience me for a week or two. If old people get the flu, they simply croak.
Not just old people. High risk groups included those over 65, healthcare workers, pregnant women, those with chronic medical conditions, and a few other odds and ends.
 
deschutes said:
Yeh. I think there were "Get Your Flu Shot!" road trips to Canada.
Here you could take the Victoria Clipper to BC and get it there in the Harbor, courtesy of the cruise line. 🙄

I did two whole days of flu/pneumo shot clinic all my my lonesome. It's like hosting a party when the caterer is late. Appointments >>>>>>>>>> drop ins.

Also, pinstripes make elderly patients feel important. Apparently, it's a generational thing. They only used to be worn when dressing up for special occasions as a way of noting their importance.
 
bananaface said:
I did two whole days of flu/pneumo shot clinic all my my lonesome. It's like hosting a party when the caterer is late. Appointments >>>>>>>>>> drop ins.
I am reflecting back on my Family Med days, and I know I can't beat your record.

But the giving of flu shots ranged from the infinitely simple (the pointy end goes into the other man - reference, anyone?) to "Stretch the deltoid before you inject - it creates a zigzag tract to discourage bleeding."

All those useless bits of clinical info I will never use again. Maybe I can yell at the med student the next time my kid gets a shot in the deltoid. "You gotta make a zigzag, you idiot! Didn't they teach you anything" and etc.
 
deschutes said:
I am reflecting back on my Family Med days, and I know I can't beat your record.

But the giving of flu shots ranged from the infinitely simple (the pointy end goes into the other man - reference, anyone?) to "Stretch the deltoid before you inject - it creates a zigzag tract to discourage bleeding."

All those useless bits of clinical info I will never use again. Maybe I can yell at the med student the next time my kid gets a shot in the deltoid. "You gotta make a zigzag, you idiot! Didn't they teach you anything" and etc.
I didn't bother to Z-track, because it tends to agitate patients. There were no leakage issues with like 1cc. I don't aspirate either. Out of like 200 patients I only had one bleeder. It would have to be one of the local physicians too. Lemmie tell you, if you are a physician, I should not have to explicitly tell you to relax your arm and stop flexing your bicep prior to injection! Then he was all "Oh, I don't need a band-aid." I told him that people with white shirts were required to wear band-aids. Anyway, the two most obnoxious things that people giving injections do are to inject cold fluid and to swab with alcohol then inject before it dries. I'm nice, though. Oh yeah, and don't say "poke" or any of that crap. Just be all "blah blah blah" and then inject efficiently when they are distracted. Chances are by the time they even notice anything is happening you'll have finished. This is the end of my rant on vaccinations.
 
deschutes said:
I went in to work at 5pm today. I've been on SDN ever since.

Surgery's not so bad... 😀
See, now you jinxed yourself. Your pager is gonna go off anytime now 🙄
 
AndyMilonakis said:
See, now you jinxed yourself. Your pager is gonna go off anytime now 🙄
It's a Thursday. The extender is on. I sent a text page with my pager # and name at about 5:15pm to the Gen Surg pager. No reply.

The last time I was on call on a Thursday, I paged them 3 times between 5 and 9pm trying to figure out what was going on. No response.

Probably won't try so very hard today!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
deschutes said:
It's a Thursday. The extender is on. I sent a text page with my pager # and name at about 5:15pm to the Gen Surg pager. No reply.

The last time I was on call on a Thursday, I paged them 3 times between 5 and 9pm trying to figure out what was going on. No response.

Probably won't try so very hard today!
Paging once is enough. Some would argue that paging once is once too many.

Hope you have a light call. This is the last one?
 
beary said:
May deschutes' pager not go off all night - so she can stay on SDN!
Thanks beary! I actually lugged a ton of books here and was going to go camp in the library. Maybe after the sun goes down.

AndyMilonakis said:
Paging once is enough.
See, the thing is the Gen Surg pager # gets passed around, while the physical pager actually sits in a drawer on the unit. So if day resident resets his pager and takes off home, and the on-call person doesn't take on the general #, then my page (and presumably many others) go into the void.

But I've learnt to say, not my problem.

AndyMilonakis said:
This is the last one?
2nd last for Surgery. I'm on again on Monday, and that will be the last.
 
deschutes said:
Thanks beary! I actually lugged a ton of books here and was going to go camp in the library. Maybe after the sun goes down.

See, the thing is the Gen Surg pager # gets passed around, while the physical pager actually sits in a drawer on the unit. So if day resident resets his pager and takes off home, and the on-call person doesn't take on the general #, then my page (and presumably many others) go into the void.

But I've learnt to say, not my problem.

2nd last for Surgery. I'm on again on Monday, and that will be the last.
I could never study while on call. I was always nervous and paranoid about getting paged and being asked to do crap I didn't wanna do (like admit patients :laugh: ).

Well, let's hope that the Gen Surg pager catches on fire and dies a horrible death. Overnight call blows.