The Official Applicant Picture Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctorFred

intensive carer
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
alright, so there was another thread questioning the attire that certain applicants wear in their application picture (for schools that make such a request.)

anyway, i thought i'd start a thread where people can post their application pics to give others a sense of what direction we all went with this.

edit: fine, picture removed.

btw, i have a photo printer. so i just cropped in photoshop and printed.

Members don't see this ad.

i predict very few pic posts

Members don't see this ad :)
zahque said:
c'mon. don't be bashful. or lazy.

wasn't there a thread about adcoms visiting this site??

i now predict even fewer pic posts...

I don't have my application pics on this computer..though I have that stupid video in my sig :p

I wish we could send videos in with our applications :O

I just used a picture of me with a white backdrop, the white backdrop being my sister's wall. I'm not dressed fancy, just a regular tee shirt. I didn't think we had to be dressed up. Oh well.

I took a pic with a shirt/tie. Personally, I wanted to look as professional/mature as professional. I'm not sure it really matters...

it. said:
wasn't there a thread about adcoms visiting this site??

i now predict even fewer pic posts...

Yeah dawg, you might have to change the name of this thread to "The Official Picture of Zahque Thread" :p Good luck on gettin posts though... would'nt mind seein some of the lovely ladies of SDN showin what they're workin with :D

WhatUpDoc! said:
Yeah dawg, you might have to change the name of this thread to "The Official Picture of Zahque Thread" :p Good luck on gettin posts though... would'nt mind seein some of the lovely ladies of SDN showin what they're workin with :D
Agreed, ladies post your pics. :thumbup:

Messerschmitts said:
:D
Agreed, let's see some pics, girls! :D

I don't think anyone would put one....
:p

Members don't see this ad :)
This is a public forum. So I can see why people might not want their pics shown, when any old person could see it and something could happen.

gujuDoc said:
This is a public forum. So I can see why people might not want their pics shown, when any old person could see it and something could happen.
that's so true....

well I don't see what all the fuss is about - if you are afraid that somebody might recognize you on here, then you shouldn't be saying whatever it is that you are saying that you are so ashamed of. My pic is in my avatar, although that isn't the one I am sending to the adcoms. Oh, and to the OP - dude put your pic back up./

Flopotomist said:
well I don't see what all the fuss is about - if you are afraid that somebody might recognize you on here, then you shouldn't be saying whatever it is that you are saying that you are so ashamed of. My pic is in my avatar, although that isn't the one I am sending to the adcoms. Oh, and to the OP - dude put your pic back up./

do you think he's cute?

its good to see sdn has the power to drain every last ounce of self-confidence from others....forced the op to take down his pic...

it. said:
i predict very few pic posts
Yep, this is a shy bunch.

Remember the pics thread LadyJubilee started last month? Only Thrice and a few others posted pics.

sunnyjohn said:
Yep, this is a shy bunch.

Remember the pics thread LadyJubilee started last month? Only Thrice and a few others posted pics.

It is not a matter of being shy. Its a matter of protecting ourselves, because even though this is a premed/prehealth and healthprofessions board, there may be anyone out there who could do something to you and stalk you, etc.

So no one puts it up in public. Some of us have facebook, though, so if you are on our accounts, you can see people's pics that way.

gujuDoc said:
It is not a matter of being shy. Its a matter of protecting ourselves, because even though this is a premed/prehealth and healthprofessions board, there may be anyone out there who could do something to you and stalk you, etc.

So no one puts it up in public. Some of us have facebook, though, so if you are on our accounts, you can see people's pics that way.

Guju, I just think it's because we are all ugly. All that time in the library does not make for an attractive complexion or a trim waistline!
:laugh:

gujuDoc said:
I'm sorry, but don't you think that's a little paranoid? It's a picture, not a post of your address, phone number, and SSN! No one is going to stalk and murder you because you put your picture up!

DrJen said:
I'm sorry, but don't you think that's a little paranoid? It's a picture, not a post of your address, phone number, and SSN! No one is going to stalk and murder you because you put your picture up!

(goes and stalks DrJen)

DrJen said:

I used to think the same way until I heard of people getting threats on SDN from other posters, and until someone hacked into my account and started posting sexually explicit things.

You never know. People have ways of figuring things out.

gujuDoc said:
I used to think the same way until I heard of people getting threats on SDN from other posters, and until someone hacked into my account and started posting sexually explicit things.

You never know. People have ways of figuring things out.

i know what you did last summer...

but i have no idea how to post my picture. any advice?

Attachments

• kid.jpg
    kid.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 125
<------------- That's me.

Not the pic I used for the app though...

I sent this bad boy to Mt. Sinai.

zachmedpic.JPG

EDIT: how in the hell do you post thumbnail pics? I've always wanted to do that and it's so irritating to not know how!

SitraAchra said:
I sent this bad boy to Mt. Sinai.

zachmedpic.JPG

EDIT: how in the hell do you post thumbnail pics? I've always wanted to do that and it's so irritating to not know how!
damn.. another total hottie.. are there any ugly applicants?

You know... some of the people that don't want to post their pic here are the same ones on that "BUST ACNE" thread. HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I'd post but I don't know how

I'm not worried about someone hacking into my account, an adcom reading what I have to say, etc.

firebird69guy said:
You know... some of the people that don't want to post their pic here are the same ones on that "BUST ACNE" thread. HA HA HA HA HA HA!

I'd post but I don't know how

I'm not worried about someone hacking into my account, an adcom reading what I have to say, etc.

I would be careful with the hacking thing. I used to be the same way until a few weeks ago, when I quickly learned the consequences about not being careful. Someone busted into my account, posted lies about me, sexually explicit threads, and erased a PM sent to my account that was addressed to them.

Other people have had threats given to them, including a friend of mine on this board. So it is not exactly safe to do such stuff over an internet forum.

In regards to adcoms knowing who we are, I don't think that is a bad thing if you've said nothing that you wouldn't say in front of them. I know that the USF admissions director, who frequents SDN, knows perfectly well who I am cuz I've PMed him and used my real name with him on different occassions. But the hacking thing, and thought of crazy people out there who could threaten you do concern me.

Flopotomist said:
damn.. another total hottie.. are there any ugly applicants?

aww well thank you much. Hopefully more of the SDNers will man up and post their pic. I have no idea why people are so shy...and I'm tired of hearing conspiracists who think adcoms will link their pic to their screen name.

SitraAchra said:
...and I'm tired of hearing conspiracists who think adcoms will link their pic to their screen name.

...well, what else are adcoms supposed to think when they see a "here's me" post?

here's me by the way:

13%20Crowd%20in%20Zocalo.jpg

it. said:
...well, what else are adcoms supposed to think when they see a "here's me" post?

here's me by the way:

13%20Crowd%20in%20Zocalo.jpg
I think I see guju in that pic too.. now that I know what s/he looks like, I am going to go stalk him/her (said in friendly gest guju)

Flopotomist said:
I think I see guju in that pic too.. now that I know what s/he looks like, I am going to go stalk him/her (said in friendly gest guju)

I've bolded the above to let you know..........
as I've said a hundred times and again before........

I AM A SHE. A WOMAN. A FEMALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok just ranting because I've made it clear soooooooo many times what sex I am, and yet people still refer to me as he or he/she

gujuDoc said:
I've bolded the above to let you know..........
as I've said a hundred times and again before........

I AM A SHE. A WOMAN. A FEMALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok just ranting because I've made it clear soooooooo many times what sex I am, and yet people still refer to me as he or he/she
HAHAHHA!

Maybe if you changed the "Registered User" thing on the left to "I'M A GIRL!!" we'd get the point.

Flopotomist said:

You see the gay one too? :p

Sundarban1 said:
You see the gay one too? :p

YOU ARE NOT FUNNY.......... NOR IS FLOPOTOMIST FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

gujuDoc said:
YOU ARE NOT FUNNY.......... NOR IS FLOPOTOMIST FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
ahhhh.. come on Guju, we are teasing you because we like you. Hard to tell with those thumbs if you are in on the joke or not. Don't make me have to steal your account again. :laugh: :laugh:

Flopotomist said:
ahhhh.. come on Guju, we are teasing you because we like you. Hard to tell with those thumbs if you are in on the joke or not. Don't make me have to steal your account again. :laugh: :laugh:

hahaha.
i have a feeling gujus about to go postal on you. :smuggrin:

jtank said:
hahaha.
i have a feeling gujus about to go postal on you. :smuggrin:
Hard to tell on here if she knows that we are just yanking his/her chain.

guju is one of the more "serious" members on this board. so i dunno.

radioh3ad said:
guju is one of the more "serious" members on this board. so i dunno.
Lets all drive to her house and tickle her. Somebody ask her stalker what her address is.

gujuDoc said:

I beg to differ.