****The Official Baylor College of Dentistry Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Who did your friend receive a message from?

Members don't see this ad.

No the majority of Baylor get in Dec. 1 at 12:30ish AM and few people turn it down. There's very little "wave" activity. Maybe 5-7 each wave and then everyone else waits until people drop or move around TX schools.

is this what they told you at your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
First off, congrats to everyone!!

For those still waiting, don't give up. I didn't get in until the second week in April. There is still hope.

is this what they told you at your interview?

That's what I went through last year when I was on the wait list at Baylor....:(

A couple of people get in every now and then due to people dropping spots. But there is no gigantic wave like Dec. 1 or anything that comes close to that. Be optimistic but plan for the worst if you didn't get in today.

Having hard to choosing between the 3tx schools... Help...lol

That's what I went through last year when I was on the wait list at Baylor....:(

A couple of people get in every now and then due to people dropping spots. But there is no gigantic wave like Dec. 1 or anything that comes close to that. Be optimistic but plan for the worst if you didn't get in today.

Did you get in off the waitlist? I went through the same thing this past year and have had to reapply. I Interviewed again this year but no acceptance yet :(

Did you get in off the waitlist? I went through the same thing this past year and have had to reapply. I Interviewed again this year but no acceptance yet :(

No I didn't get in off the wait list last year. But I did get in somewhere else so it's not too bad. Baylor will always be my number one choice for the rest of my life though. I had really high hopes for them. It's like the Katy Perry song "the one that got away" lol

Baylor said last year that there were like 25 people on the waitlist but I think there had to be more then that. It felt like they just threw everyone who interviewed and wasn't accepted onto the wait list. I've combed through SDN, predents, and my undergrad school and haven't found one single person who interviewed and wasn't either (a) accepted or (b) stuck on the wait list for eternity.

Sorry you're going through the same thing this year. I would go crazy if I had to do it again. :( Last year, a few people from Baylor were waiting for Houston to send them an acceptance for family/location/personal reasons but never got it. Maybe that will happen again.

I'm not sure if you've been accepted anywhere else this year, but I really hope so :thumbup:

No I didn't get in off the wait list last year. But I did get in somewhere else so it's not too bad. Baylor will always be my number one choice for the rest of my life though. I had really high hopes for them. It's like the Katy Perry song "the one that got away" lol

Baylor said last year that there were like 25 people on the waitlist but I think there had to be more then that. It felt like they just threw everyone who interviewed and wasn't accepted onto the wait list. I've combed through SDN, predents, and my undergrad school and haven't found one single person who interviewed and wasn't either (a) accepted or (b) stuck on the wait list for eternity.

Sorry you're going through the same thing this year. I would go crazy if I had to do it again. :( Last year, a few people from Baylor were waiting for Houston to send them an acceptance for family/location/personal reasons but never got it. Maybe that will happen again.

I'm not sure if you've been accepted anywhere else this year, but I really hope so :thumbup:

Baylor

Last edited:
I called them this morning and spoke to the lady at admissions. She said that everyone that interviewed still has a chance of getting in. They are all on an "alternate" list, and the school will start calling people from that list sometime in March, once people give up their spots for other schools. Baylor is my first choice because i'm a Texas resident, but I also got accepted into Howard. Good luck everyone!

I got put on Baylor's wait list last year about mid Feb. Got my call mid April.

Don't get down.

I interviewed at Baylor last year and was one of those people that wasn't accepted or put on the waitlist. I actually know a few other people that didn't get put on the list either so it really was about 25 people on the list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh yeah and they are doing a few more interviews in January. Not sure how many more people will be interviewed but January 11th is one of the interview dates.

Last edited:
Accepted at 1:48 AM Eastern on Dec. 1st! Got the letter in the mail today!

Lol mcfadd, yep im in there, save boatload of money living with my mama...lol

The Dental Admissions Committee has reviewed all the data pertaining to your application that we have received. I regret that we cannot offer you a position in the entering class. Unfortunately, the large applicant pool means that we must inform many fine individuals that there will not be a place for them in our entering class.

Thank you for your interest in the Texas A&M Health Science Center Baylor College of Dentistry and I hope your pursuit of a position at another institution is successful.

Sincerely,
Janet Pledger
Admissions Coordinator
Office of Recruitment and Admissions
Texas A&M Health Science Center
Baylor College of Dentistry
3302 Gaston Ave. #525
Dallas, TX 75246
Off (214)828-8231
Fax (214)874-4521

The Dental Admissions Committee has reviewed all the data pertaining to your application that we have received. I regret that we cannot offer you a position in the entering class. Unfortunately, the large applicant pool means that we must inform many fine individuals that there will not be a place for them in our entering class.

Thank you for your interest in the Texas A&M Health Science Center Baylor College of Dentistry and I hope your pursuit of a position at another institution is successful.

Sincerely,
Janet Pledger
Admissions Coordinator
Office of Recruitment and Admissions
Texas A&M Health Science Center
Baylor College of Dentistry
3302 Gaston Ave. #525
Dallas, TX 75246
Off (214)828-8231
Fax (214)874-4521

lol trial run on those who didn't even apply... I wonder how they have your info :confused:

I sent my letter stating that I accept the admissions offer and my deposit check last Tuesday or so and was wondering if anyone knew what the next step is from here? I want to call and make sure they got everything that they need but I also don't know if or when anyone would be in the admissions office...

Also, does anyone know when we have to start sending updated transcripts, and if or when we'll receive the information packet about medical records, any requirements before matriculating and official D1 school year stuff? Thanks in advance!

I'm actually going to hand-deliver mine to the admissions office tomorrow because I'll be up in that area anyway. I have most of the same questions that you do Feralbrute, so I'll ask them and let you know (assuming anyone will be in the office).

I'm actually going to hand-deliver mine to the admissions office tomorrow because I'll be up in that area anyway. I have most of the same questions that you do Feralbrute, so I'll ask them and let you know (assuming anyone will be in the office).

That would be very much appreciated if you can find anything out and either post back about it here or shoot me a pm either way! Thanks and hopefully you are able to catch someone in the office!

I stopped by this morning and they are in the office this week. So you could probably call if you want to double-check that they got your letter and check. Janet Pledger said that the next correspondance would be a packet that they will send out in March. It'll have instructions for everything you need to do prior to matriculation.

She did say though that you should send updated transcripts as soon as you get them, and you need to check with her if the classes that you're going to take next semester change at all from the ones that you listed on that sheet at the interview.

Hope that helps!

Does anyone know if Baylor has sent a second round of acceptances or if there is going to be one?

Does anyone know if Baylor has sent a second round of acceptances or if there is going to be one?

There usually isn't exactly a second round . It's more like picking a handful of people off the wait list if students randomly decide not to attend.

Last edited:
I did not know that. I just thought they would have a second round (if they had spots left). Has anyone gotten an acceptance after Dec 1st? I have not heard anything from them (good or bad) and just want to know what that means.. is there still a chance?

Last edited:
Has anyone gotten any news from Janet lately? When I emailed her back in February, she mentioned something about starting the alternate list in March/April.

I haven't received anything from Baylor. Does anyone know when they start sending out rejection emails?

Just got a letter in the mail today saying that all the spots are filled but asking me if I wanted to be put on the alternate list. Anyone else get a letter?

Does anyone know when they start sending out rejection emails?