***The Official Boston University Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

i got a supplemental application processed email....and on aadsas it says received/under review

Members don't see this ad.

You should have asked them when they are planning to send out the next batch of invites :D

i called and they said they are going to give out interviews until march...randomly

just got this in email:
"Thank you for Applying to Boston University School of Dental Medicine. Your application has been received and it is currently being reviewed by the committee. At this stage we are determining if your application is eligible for interview. Generally, interviewed candidates have an overall cumulative GPA both total and science of a 3.3 or above and their DAT academic average and total science is at 20 or above. This is a general guide; many other factors come into our consideration of a candidate: community service, experience in dentistry, motivation toward dentistry, letters of recommendation, applicant essay, credit hours/course load and competitiveness of undergraduate institution, etc. Your application may remain in this status throughout the entire cycle as we will continually review it against the total applicant pool. We will contact you via email as soon as any further decision has been made regarding your application. We have a lengthy review process and ask for your patience during this time."

Does anybody know what exactly this means considering rejection or acceptance? or any comment?
(AA 19,TS 19, GPA 3.72)

Members don't see this ad :)
just got this in email:
"Thank you for Applying to Boston University School of Dental Medicine. Your application has been received and it is currently being reviewed by the committee. At this stage we are determining if your application is eligible for interview. Generally, interviewed candidates have an overall cumulative GPA both total and science of a 3.3 or above and their DAT academic average and total science is at 20 or above. This is a general guide; many other factors come into our consideration of a candidate: community service, experience in dentistry, motivation toward dentistry, letters of recommendation, applicant essay, credit hours/course load and competitiveness of undergraduate institution, etc. Your application may remain in this status throughout the entire cycle as we will continually review it against the total applicant pool. We will contact you via email as soon as any further decision has been made regarding your application. We have a lengthy review process and ask for your patience during this time."

Does anybody know what exactly this means considering rejection or acceptance? or any comment?
(AA 19,TS 19, GPA 3.72)

Did you also get an under review email?

Did you also get an under review email?

OH yeah, got that one too. the thing is some of my friends already got interview. i just don't know if it is formal rejection or not. i am just freaking out, sisince i see many people got interview so far

OH yeah, got that one too. the thing is some of my friends already got interview. i just don't know if it is formal rejection or not. i am just freaking out, sisince i see many people got interview so far

It's probably just a standard message they put out to everyone. It's on my AADSAS under school decisions too. Don't freak out. It'll accomplish nothing.

I submitted my supp app and fee early last week and have yet to receive that email. When did you guys get that email?

I got a slightly different email than what other people have posted - got it yesterday. I submitted my supplemental about a month ago and received nothing until now.

"This message confirms that we have received your Boston University Supplemental Application. Your AADSAS application is under review by Admissions at Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine.

A complete AADSAS application includes verified transcripts and letters of recommendation; you can check the status of your ADEA AADSAS Dental School Application through the ADEA AADSAS website. We request either a committee recommendation letter OR three separate letters (two letters from science faculty and a third letter from an individual of your choice). DAT results... etc.

Interviews are held from October through March; invitations may be issued at any time during this period.

Thank you again for your interest in Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine."

Did anyone else get this one? I have a DAT AA of 24 and a GPA of 3.9

Also my AADSAS says that my application is missing information too, so I called them (right before I received this email) and they said my file was complete and under review.

krjo9149, I also received the email that you got- also submitted weeks ago. Last email I got from them before this was the Supplemental Application and Fee Received email.

krjo9149, I also received the email that you got- also submitted weeks ago. Last email I got from them before this was the Supplemental Application and Fee Received email.

I got the same as well. I don't think the difference means anything.

Got Interview invite today for October!!!
Interview Invites so far: UNC, UNE, UMDNJ (Rutgers) , UCONN, BU !!!!!!!!!

Its not my STATs, Its GOD!!! Believe in him and you'll be favored.

How early did you apply? I was in the third batch and haven't heard back yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone! Yesterday I was refreshing my inbox like crazy because of all of you haha. Are they really booked until November already though :/

Could you please share your stat???? i would really appreciate it. thanks

When's everyone scheduled for interviews?

Boston invite on nov 1st! Received email this morning

Nice, congrats!

Just curious, how long ago did you receive your confirmation of the supplemental application being received?

Boston invite on nov 1st! Received email this morning

Invite for Nov 1st email in the morning.

Nov 12 invite yesterday morning.

Any idea on interview acceptance rate?

Nov 12 invite yesterday morning.

Any idea on interview acceptance rate?

Instate = 58/82 (70ish%) OOS = 242/302 (80 ish %).

* Numbers from ADEA Official guide to dental schools page 34.

I read somewhere that there were about 150 invites given predec.. so probably way less than 80% for oos acceptance lol.

Hi guys! I have my interview at Bu in November and I was wondering if any of you knew of hotels close by to the dental school

For those of you who's received interview invites,

how many days/weeks did it take to receive the invites since the last "received application/under review" email?

Thanks in advance!!

Month and a half because they started interviews in oct?

Supplemental received 9/3, interview offer 9/18 for 11/18

Supplemental received 9/3, interview offer 9/18 for 11/18

Hey thanks for the info and congrats for getting the invite. They were pretty quick to offer you the invite, weren't they!

I got the 'supplemental received' email exactly one month after yours (Oct. 3rd) and I haven't received anything since.. :(

Anyone from a similar batch who's received the interview invite?

Does BU have any dress code for interview, I mean like what color suit or shirt under the suit I can't find this info on their site.

Does BU have any dress code for interview, I mean like what color suit or shirt under the suit I can't find this info on their site.

The dress code for any interview is 'professional.' Don your best suit (blue, grey, or black as a last resort), shirt (white and blue are always good choices, collar same color as body), tie (stay away from weird ties with teeth or star wars characters all over it), shoes (match leather with belt and watch). keep it classic and simple.

Anyone hear from BU recently? Its been quiet lately..

For people that have interviewed here, where did you stay?

For people that have interviewed here, where did you stay?

I had interview yesterday, seems like some people stayed near the medical campus site, like Hampton Inn.
I stayed at Boston Park Plaza Hotel and took a cab to the school which cost about 10 dollar.

I had interview yesterday, seems like some people stayed near the medical campus site, like Hampton Inn.
I stayed at Boston Park Plaza Hotel and took a cab to the school which cost about 10 dollar.
thanks!

What's the order of events on interview day?

Welcome/Breakfast, Tour, Admissions Presentation, Lunch with students, Interviews, Housing/Financials/Student Services, Survey
Thanks so much! What did you think of the facilities?