***The Official Boston University Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

My AADSAS status just changed to the following:
"Thank you for applying to Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine. Your AADSAS application and Boston University supplemental application have been received and your materials are under review by the Admissions Committee. We continue to review applications throughout the cycle on a rolling basis."

Is this a soft rejection from BU? :(

Members don't see this ad.

My AADSAS status just changed to the following:
"Thank you for applying to Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine. Your AADSAS application and Boston University supplemental application have been received and your materials are under review by the Admissions Committee. We continue to review applications throughout the cycle on a rolling basis."

Is this a soft rejection from BU? :(

I got the same exact status.... does anyone know what this means?

I got the same exact status.... does anyone know what this means?
This Changed for me as well but the date is still for September. Did your date change as well for the status?

Members don't see this ad :)
The same thing for me.. date hasn't changed though

My status originally said Received/Under Review, and then it changed to that longer explanation like ya'll have, and then I received an interview offer (back in September). My status also changed today from Invited for interview to:You have been invited for an interview at Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine. You will receive your invitation and interview information through email. If the date that we schedule for you is not convenient please contact us at 617-638-4787 and we will make every effort to re-schedule.----Date remained the same 9/18

I don't believe it's a soft rejection. For a period of time, AADSAS didn't allow schools to post status details and that's why all the status details disappeared. I also applied to Case Western and one day, the status details for Case appeared again. Dr. Chuck from Case said that AADSAS is allowing schools to post status details again, so your details reflect your status on the date your AADSAS was updated. So that long status detail for those who are under review reflect the fact that you are under review. I am pretty sure this is the same situation for Boston.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't believe it's a soft rejection. For a period of time, AADSAS didn't allow schools to post status details and that's why all the status details disappeared. I also applied to Case Western and one day, the status details for Case appeared again. Dr. Chuck from Case said that AADSAS is allowing schools to post status details again, so your details reflect your status on the date your AADSAS was updated. So that long status detail for those who are under review reflect the fact that you are under review. I am pretty sure this is the same situation for Boston.

Yeap, I think that its just the default status BU gives for Received/Under Review and just simply was added to everyone's Status Defined.

Status changed to " check back on dec 2nd" (interviewed on 11/12)

My status changed too (interviewed 10/29) hopefully thats a good sign!

Interviewed November 1st. On AADSAS it still says invited for interview. Does status change mean something?

Mine did too and I interviewed 11/18. Good luck everyone!

Mine didn't change either and I interviewed Nov 15th :(

Members don't see this ad :)
We don't really know what the change means, so don't worry

Just got check back on dec 2nd as well. Thanks for the input haha hopefully we are all good to go!

Just got the 'please check back on Dec 2nd'
My AADSAS status is still written as invited for interview. I had my interview on october 21 th. Did your AADSAS status change to that or they have sent you an email?

I had invited for interview until november 21st ish and then changed to check back on dec 2nd. I interviewed nov 1st.

I had invited for interview until november 21st ish and then changed to check back on dec 2nd. I interviewed nov 1st.
Thank you, hopefully AADSAS status doesn't mean anything and we'll hear back in 12 hours. Good luck

My AADSAS status is still written as invited for interview. I had my interview on october 21 th. Did your AADSAS status change to that or they have sent you an email?
My AADSAS status changed to that.

no... didn't hear anything back yet

I wish somebody knew when they sent out the emails last year...:(

Just got the email! Accepted!!!

Got acceptance email!!! Dang lots of $$$$$$$$

I also interviewed on November 1st and haven't heard back yet :(. This wait is killing me...

I also interviewed on November 1st and haven't heard back yet :(. This wait is killing me...
Same here. mine was on oct 21th. Are they sending emails in alphabetic order? I don't understand why they don't send them all at the same time.

Everyone I know is getting into schools and im here hearing nothing from 4 schools...

Whose contemplating attending.... should we start an fb group?

I'm contemplating... for those definitely going, what are your reasons?

Only acceptance. 2 waitlist.. I have been contemplating pretty hard

I'm really torn. Making a decision is so hard.

So I interviewed on the 18th and called last Monday to see what was up. They told me that they have not finished looking over applications from the last few interviews and we would find out our results "soon". Has anyone that interviewed around that time, before is affected as well, heard anything ?????

I am kind of worried that this silence is a rejection and BU is my top choice..

@xoltarin I interviewed on the 15th and heard back via email the 2nd. Have you checked your AADSAS under school decisions to see what that says?

says invited for interview still nothing on my portal has changed for any school

says invited for interview still nothing on my portal has changed for any school
I'm on the same boat. Interview on oct 21th, haven't heard anything yet and my portal still says invited for interview. I also called them and they said they will send us an email as soon as they come up with a decision.

Oh man...Jeez when I called he told me last few interviews just have not been processed by committee yet...now I am really worried.