**The Official Columbia University Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Hey how do you know there are no more pre-december interviews?

When I signed up for my interview in the second wave of invites, almost all October interviews were filled. Based on how they did interview invites last cycle, they've sent at least 2 more waves of invites since then.

Pre/Post-Dec interviews doesn't matter all that much for Columbia. I read somewhere that post-Dec interviewees aren't at a disadvantage because they save a significant portion of their seats for late interviewers.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
When I signed up for my interview in the second wave of applications, almost all October interviews were filled. Based on how they did interview invites last cycle, they've sent at least 2 more waves of invites since then.

Pre/Post-Dec interviews doesn't matter all that much for Columbia. I read somewhere that post-Dec interviewees aren't at a disadvantage because they save a significant portion of their seats for late interviewers.

Oh ok I was just wondering thank you!

First, I want to congratulate everyone on their interviews to Columbia. As a recent graduate I just want to mention that the educational opportunity is superior. I would highly consider the program, especially if you have even the slightest thought about specializing. Faculty is amazing as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I signed up for my interview in the second wave of applications, almost all October interviews were filled. Based on how they did interview invites last cycle, they've sent at least 2 more waves of invites since then.

Your assumption, nothing more.

Your assumption, nothing more.

When you receive your pre-Dec interview you may rub it in my face to your heart's content. :cool:

This was what happened last cycle: The applicant received this invite on 10/3
school - columbia
interview date 12/2
residency- NY
GPA 3.6/3.6
DAT 24AA/21PA
App completed 9/9

post dec but better late than never i hope.

Last edited:
When you receive your pre-Dec interview you may rub it in my face to your heart's content. :cool:

Heyhey, I try to look for the last year's columbia thread but I couldn't :(
mind helpin me with it plz? thanks in advance :)

Haha k I'll be hoping for that opportunity!!

Interview! Only December dates available : (. Darn my late recommendation letters.

But I'm still excited : D.

Interview! Only December dates available : (. Darn my late recommendation letters.

But I'm still excited : D.

Congrats!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Hope I get to say the same soon :xf::xf: :luck::luck:

when was your application completed? / lor sumitted?

Application: Late June.
DAT: Late July.
LORs: Late August - like the last day of the month : P.

Thank you and good luck to you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
your assumption, nothing more.

gg

interview! Only december dates available : (. Darn my late recommendation letters.

But i'm still excited : D.

Congratulations. A post-Dec interview doesn't put you at a disadvantage. Columbia allots a lot of interviews and saves a significant portion of its seats for post-Dec.

Last edited:
Also got December dates! But excited to be invited nonetheless. This was definitely my reach school! :) So happy right now!

I just got my interview offer this morning. Requested the 7th of December

The email was titled Columbia_Interview Invitation_Class 2016, which I found kind of odd.

This might sound like a dumb question, but I want to be sure since the email seemed kind of ambiguous. The subject line should be INTERVIEW REQUEST, and we request our interview date in the body of the email, not in the subject, right?

I just got my interview offer this morning. Requested the 7th of December

The email was titled Columbia_Interview Invitation_Class 2016, which I found kind of odd.

This might sound like a dumb question, but I want to be sure since the email seemed kind of ambiguous. The subject line should be INTERVIEW REQUEST, and we request our interview date in the body of the email, not in the subject, right?

I guess they never got around to fixing the invite subject line.
But yes, you are correct.

Good luck everyone! This is one of the best interviews for dental school.

Has anyone tried calling the school? I never got an e-mail saying my app was complete and it's been over a month since my app was submitted. The last time I called them, I got a very rude response just telling me that everything is handled via e-mail and not over the phone. Emailed them two weeks ago and still no response.

They don't send an application complete email; they didn't reply to my friend after he asked. My interview invite email came after the receipt of supplemental fee email.

LuckyTangerines, what do you mean by 'one of the best interviews'? Incredibly fun, or incredibly thorough on their part?

Nevermind. Hehe. Found you saying, "You can expect an excellent interview experience and one of the best lunches at an interview. No supplemental.".

Yum! Vegetarian options?

Invite yesterday for the 16th of November! And my application was submitted last Friday! Exciting!!!:D

Nevermind. Hehe. Found you saying, "You can expect an excellent interview experience and one of the best lunches at an interview. No supplemental.".

Yum! Vegetarian options?

They have an assortment of vegetables and meat entrees, and also it's buffet style. If you have a strict diet, they state in the email to let them know about it so they can accommodate you.

Fairly informative interview day and you essentially get to talk to students from each year there. Have fun and talk to everyone because some of these people will be your future classmates and friends!

Just bought my tickets. I can't wait to finally see New York!

My chances of getting an interview seem slim since all the pre-December interview spots are full...

Does anyone know how many people Columbia interviews?

Does anyone know how many people Columbia interviews?

They interview 15 every friday of October and November. In total on their website, it says they interview 318 each cycle.

My chances of getting an interview seem slim since all the pre-December interview spots are full...

Don't count yourself out yet.....I read somewhere on here that they save a lot of their seats for post-december. Maybe someone can verify this?

They interview 15 every friday of October and November. In total on their website, it says they interview 318 each cycle.

Up to or more than 20. I'm guessing 318 is just an estimate and taken from a recent cycle.

Did anyone notice under "Supplemental Materials" section Last updated date changes every Friday...does it mean they are still going through (or revisiting) the applications or it's just automated system update.

Does anyone know if they send acceptance emails or snail mail or call?

Did anyone notice under "Supplemental Materials" section Last updated date changes every Friday...does it mean they are still going through (or revisiting) the applications or it's just automated system update.

I've noticed it since September... no idea what it means though :S

For anyone who has had an interview this round, could you post any feedback about how it went? Thanks!

Wait, have you had an interview or have one coming up?

Yeah I feel like they're toying with our emotions by updating that lol... *sigh*

Does anyone know if they send acceptance emails or snail mail or call?

Mail: Got acceptance package, including personal handwritten notes from faculty (everyone had that).

Call: Dec 1. Don't ask what time of the day...

Email: I don't remember getting an email from Columbia.

ASSDAS Update: Don't remember if/when Columbia updated for acceptances.