***The Official Creighton University Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the conflicting dates between the waitlist and the rejection emails?

Members don't see this ad.

I can’t imagine it being useful for them to have an alternate list for everyone who applied, that would defeat the purpose of having an alternate list. It’s probably comprised of applicants who they deemed qualified. Since an interview isn’t mandatory for acceptance at Creighton, I would guess that it is a good mixture of people who have and have not interviewed.

That’s correct. I received an acceptance on Dec. 3rd this cycle, and I received the same email last year. It’s the same exact one from last year. If you don’t get off of the alternate list this time around, make sure that you apply to Creighton next year, as you’ll have a good chance of an acceptance. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I got the waitlist email too. Just for clarification, if I indicate that I am still interested does this mean I get put on the waitlist or that I am CONSIDERED for the waitlist. The email was kind of confusing. Thanks team

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting how the dates on the class being full differs in the alt list email (12/1) and rejection email (1/3) :pompous:

Reactions: 1 user
That’s correct. I received an acceptance on Dec. 3rd this cycle, and I received the same email last year. It’s the same exact one from last year. If you don’t get off of the alternate list this time around, make sure that you apply to Creighton next year, as you’ll have a good chance of an acceptance. Good luck!

Thank you for the additional info and congratulations on the acceptance!

Thank you for the additional info and congratulations on the acceptance!

Thank you! It was a long time coming! Also, I only received the first email to be “considered” for the alt list. I never received another email saying that I was officially waitlisted, but I was told during this cycle’s interview that they were wanting to accept me but there wasn’t enough movement (I kind of applied late last cycle so make sure to apply early it caused me to wait another year). Just don’t stress if you don’t receive another email stating you’re on the waitlist. Also if Creighton is a top pick of yours, you could write a letter of interest. I wrote letters to my top two schools last cycle and I was accepted at both this cycle, so they might help out!

Reactions: 1 users
Any tips on improving chances of getting accepted from alternate list? I already sent in a LOI but I'm wondering if another one re-emphasizing my interest would help at all?

Any tips on improving chances of getting accepted from alternate list? I already sent in a LOI but I'm wondering if another one re-emphasizing my interest would help at all?

If you have already written a LOI, I would stop there. After I sent mine in, I called a couple of times the next couple of months to check and see if there was any movement on the list. There’s usually some waitlist movement on May 15th, because that is the date when you can no longer hold spots at two different dental schools. Also, in case you write more letters, it’s good to give admissions an update on what you have been up to since you submitted your application (new shadow hours, volunteer hours, new experiences).

Does anyone or any current students here know usually around how many get in from the waitlist?

Hi
I am in waiting list for Creighton University dental program . does any one know how to get off from waiting list ?

Hi
I am in waiting list for Creighton University dental program . does any one know how to get off from waiting list ?

If you haven't written a letter of interest then you might want to consider writing a well constructed one telling all of the reasons why you chose Creighton. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Good luck!

If you haven't written a letter of interest then you might want to consider writing a well constructed one telling all of the reasons why you chose Creighton. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Good luck!
Thank you so much

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten a confirmation email? I emailed Diane Travis accepting my waitlist consideration position but I never received a response. I just got an automatic message saying, "Creighton Dental School is closed due to the weather. I will respond to your email when we return on Thursday, February 21, 2019." It is almost the end of the day and I still haven't heard anything.

Has anyone gotten a confirmation email? I emailed Diane Travis accepting my waitlist consideration position but I never received a response. I just got an automatic message saying, "Creighton Dental School is closed due to the weather. I will respond to your email when we return on Thursday, February 21, 2019." It is almost the end of the day and I still haven't heard anything.
I never did either.

When they sent us wait-list email, my status on AADSAS was "Received/under review" but when I replied back to the email that I am still interested to your program my status changed to "Received/Application complete" on the next day. What does that mean? Is it good or bad sign?

What happens if I haven't received the rejection or alternate list email? Anyone else in the same boat?

What if it's been like that since you submitted your application? Haha, no hard rejection yet. Will something happen in March here??
Oh I didn't know that. Mine changed to that when i replied to the email. Im not sure but ppl are saying there should be some movement this month and in april

just got accepted without an interview!

Hello everyone, I am seeking some advice. I emailed Creighton a letter of intent a few days ago. For those who have done this did you receive a response saying that it has been added to your file? Also, I am thinking about mailing them a physical copy of the intent because I know they like that or do you think that would be too much? Thanks!

Hello everyone, I am seeking some advice. I emailed Creighton a letter of intent a few days ago. For those who have done this did you receive a response saying that it has been added to your file? Also, I am thinking about mailing them a physical copy of the intent because I know they like that or do you think that would be too much? Thanks!
I received a response after I sent mine in! I feel like they won't respond to every person though haha

I'm considering it, but still uncertain. Do you have any idea where you are looking to live?
no, i have never been to nebraska lol. i have living alone so im looking for roommates

I just got a waitlist email. OOS and no interview with pretty average-low stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.