***The Official Creighton University Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

dent2414

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I didn't see a thread for Creighton on main page, so I thought to start one. It looks like they are starting to send out interview invites.

Link to interview prep: Creighton University School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received an interview invite via email at 6AM today!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What's the criteria they use when it comes to accepting people without offering an interview as opposed to inviting someone for an interview and then accepting that person? The three people I've seen mention they were invited for an interview already have INCREDIBLE stats so I'm curious what it takes to get in without an interview.

What's the criteria they use when it comes to accepting people without offering an interview as opposed to inviting someone for an interview and then accepting that person? The three people I've seen mention they were invited for an interview already have INCREDIBLE stats so I'm curious what it takes to get in without an interview.
I thought the only people they don't invite to interviews and accept were Creighton undergraduate students.

Interview invite here this morning!

Quick question, did any of your status change in AADSAS portal. Mine still says 'verified' && everything is complete. Just wondering if thats normal.

Quick question, did any of your status change in AADSAS portal. Mine still says 'verified' && everything is complete. Just wondering if thats normal.
Mine still says verified.

Do you guys mind sharing your stats and state of residency?

Interview #2
School: Creighton Unviersity
Notification date:
8/7/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: SD
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/21/18
Application complete date: 7/12/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.89, 3.89
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 18AA, 17 TS, 19 PAT, 19 RC
Interview date: September 24
Where is your first one? Asking since I have similar stats

I have received interview invites from University of Colorado, Creighton, and University of Minnesota. Good luck!
I have similar stats but i guess it’s my state of residency. Or maybe extra curricular or shadowing?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have similar stats but i guess it’s my state of residency. Or maybe extra curricular or shadowing?
Could be due to state of residency because we don't have a dental school here in South Dakota. That's why surrounding dental schools from Nebraska, Minnesota, and Iowa offer us interviews more so than other states

Interview #2
School: Creighton
Notification date: 8/7/18
Method of notification: E-mail
Residency: North Dakota (WICHE)
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/10/18
Application complete date: 7/27/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.88, 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/18/21/23/none
Dates available OR your interview date: Many Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday all throughout the fall. Chose October 29

Had my application marked as complete this week (forgot to mail out the check along with supplemental packet the week before...doh!) Here waiting for the good news for an interview! But I've heard that Creighton is one of the only schools in the nation that don't require interview for admission

Had my application marked as complete this week (forgot to mail out the check along with supplemental packet the week before...doh!) Here waiting for the good news for an interview! But I've heard that Creighton is one of the only schools in the nation that don't require interview for admission

LOL, I made the same mistake - forgot to include the check with the supplemental. I also received the email that my application is complete this week. I found it interesting that they mentioned an interview is not required for acceptance. Has anyone been accepted without an interview in past cycles and what percentage of the class is accepted without one?

LOL, I made the same mistake - forgot to include the check with the supplemental. I also received the email that my application is complete this week. I found it interesting that they mentioned an interview is not required for acceptance. Has anyone been accepted without an interview in past cycles and what percentage of the class is accepted without one?
I have friends at Creighton and most people I'm aware of who got in without interviews went to Creighton for undergrad.

Out of my 4 interviews so far, Creighton is the most laid back. 1 hour tour then an interview with the dental school's dean. No questions, just a conversation with the guy. Expect to be there 1 hour 30 minutes if you're the first to arrive

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Out of my 4 interviews so far, Creighton is the most laid back. 1 hour tour then an interview with the dental school's dean. No questions, just a conversation with the guy. Expect to be there 1 hour 30 minutes if you're the first arrive
So I guess if everything else fails, you are in! haha!

Has anyone heard anything from Creighton lately? Seems awfully quiet after their initial interview invites!!

I just received an interview invitation this morning.
Oh! Congrats :)

That's good to hear! Do you mind sharing your stats?

And....what date is your interview? Thanks and good luck!!

Last edited:
Oh! Congrats :)

That's good to hear! Do you mind sharing your stats?

Sure. GA resident. 19AA 19TS 22PAT. 150 shadow hours. ~200 volunteer hours. I was put on the alternate list last cycle.

Sure. GA resident. 19AA 19TS 22PAT. 150 shadow hours. ~200 volunteer hours. I was put on the alternate list last cycle.
Well, good luck to you this cycle!!!

Can you post when your application went into review?

Current Creighton student here, feel free to reach out if you have any questions :)

Current Creighton student here, feel free to reach out if you have any questions :)
I got a few for you!

1. Do you think the dress code will ever switch over to scrubs?

2. In clinic, how many patients does a student get to see per day?

3. Do D1/D2s have the opportunity to assist D3/D4s in clinic?

4. Is there mandatory research at the school?

I got a few for you!

1. Do you think the dress code will ever switch over to scrubs?

2. In clinic, how many patients does a student get to see per day?

3. Do D1/D2s have the opportunity to assist D3/D4s in clinic?

4. Is there mandatory research at the school?

1. There are rumors that we will get to wear scrubs my senior year, so in 2020. But that’s not confirmed. Honestly it’s not that bad, I hate dressing up with a passion, but they are pretty relaxed with the dress code, especially for girls.
2. Students usually see one pt in the morning and one pt in the afternoon. Depends on the procedure you’re doing. If you’re just doing denture checks or post op appts you can have more.
3. Yes you get to assist as much as you want, and you earn RVUs when you assist which are basically like credits. You aren’t required to assist until the summer after D1, but you get assigned a junior your freshman year and if you have afternoons off (which you will have a lot of first year) you can go down and assist! There is no limit
4. Research is not mandatory. There’s a class freshman year on like research basics but you are not required to do a project!!
Let me know if there is any more questions :)

How do you feel Creighton compares to UNMC?

I think Creighton is outstanding in the aspect of the clinical experience you get. At Creighton there are no specialty programs. So whatever treatment your patient needs, you’re able to do that treatment. As opposed to schools with residency programs where the cases would go to them. For example if your patient needs ortho, as opposed to getting referred to the ortho resident, you get to do it. You get to do everything so it makes you more experienced for the real world. Also the new school is a MAJOR leg up than most other dental schools. It’s completely state of the art. We have amazing preclinical work benches that we get to practice on. (I’ll attempt to post a picture! It’s an amazing program.

Attachments

• 2991588A-A3FB-42AB-81DB-5C1CE110E7E8.jpeg
    2991588A-A3FB-42AB-81DB-5C1CE110E7E8.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 144
Reactions: 1 users
The main benefit now is so you can skip an assisting block if you have other things to do. You need so many assisting RVUs at the end of the semester for your assisting blocks. But if you assisted during another time that’s not your block or sometime in the past, those RVUs will cover the ones you’d be missing out on.

The main benefit now is so you can skip an assisting block if you have other things to do. You need so many assisting RVUs at the end of the semester for your assisting blocks. But if you assisted during another time that’s not your block or sometime in the past, those RVUs will cover the ones you’d be missing out on.
How strict are professors regarding attendance?

To piggy-back off of that, do you know the admission statistics?
(Specifically: How many apply, how many interview, and how many are accepted?)
Dr. Norton told our class that about 3000 applied and 85 were accepted. My class is the last class of 85. The freshmen class is 115. I know they’re interviewing more people, I don’t know an exact number. But I know they don’t interview a ton of people.

How strict are professors regarding attendance?
Most are pretty strict, some aren’t. There are some of my classmates that skips almost all classes and don’t have any issues that I know of. There are some classes that a ton of people skip.

Status
Not open for further replies.