***The Official ECU Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crentist's office

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a forum made for ECU yet so thought I would begin one!

I submitted the supplemental a couple weeks ago. Has anyone heard anything about interviews yet?

Link to interview prep: East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll be a D1 in the fall and I’m doing the summer research program currently. Although I don’t know much about life as a dental student if you have any questions as to why I chose ecu or anything general about the school feel free to pm me! If idk I’ll ask someone who does. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! I just took the DAT this past week and scored a 19 overall (18 gen chem, 18 bio, 23 orgo, 20 reading, 18 math, 15 pat). I just graduated masters with a 3.36 overall (in medical sciences). I have great letters of rec, great shadowing/experiences. Basically I feel as though my application is great, my DAT fits ECU's average, but I'm worried about my GPA. Does anyone honestly believe I have a shot at getting an interview? My DAT scores should be received in the next couple weeks, and I submitted my overall app a couple of weeks ago (so I should be getting an email for my supplemental any day now)! I'm nervous because ECU is my number 1 choice and this is my 2nd year applying...I really really hope to get in!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I just took the DAT this past week and scored a 19 overall (18 gen chem, 18 bio, 23 orgo, 20 reading, 18 math, 15 pat). I just graduated masters with a 3.36 overall (in medical sciences). I have great letters of rec, great shadowing/experiences. Basically I feel as though my application is great, my DAT fits ECU's average, but I'm worried about my GPA. Does anyone honestly believe I have a shot at getting an interview? My DAT scores should be received in the next couple weeks, and I submitted my overall app a couple of weeks ago (so I should be getting an email for my supplemental any day now)! I'm nervous because ECU is my number 1 choice and this is my 2nd year applying...I really really hope to get in!
That's hard to say, it depends on a lot of factors. Your overall GPA is about 0.1 less than their average. Also, the PAT may be a concern; while I don't see a cutoff for ECU, 15 is pretty low in my opinion (average is a 19 in PAT at ECU). I may retake the DAT if I were you.

That's hard to say, it depends on a lot of factors. Your overall GPA is about 0.1 less than their average. Also, the PAT may be a concern; while I don't see a cutoff for ECU, 15 is pretty low in my opinion (average is a 19 in PAT at ECU). I may retake the DAT if I were you.
Thanks for your input! This was actually my 3rd and final time taking the DAT so I think I've hit my max haha....Yeah I'm hoping I'll be ok!

I submitted my supplemental June 26 but haven't heard anything yet.

If you don't mind me asking, how long after submitting your aadsas did you get an email for the supplemental?
I submitted my ECU AADSAS app on July 3rd and got the directions for supplemental via email on July 9th. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Scheduled my interview last Friday! Well technically last monday I was suppose to get the email but it never sent, thankful they called!

Just scheduled my interview for 9/18! Is anyone else going that day?

My ECU interview is scheduled 9/4/2018! Anyone else going that day?

Anybody interviewing on the 13th? Also does anybody know the new format for their interviews. Was just talking to a friend of mine who is a 3rd year at ECU and he said they changed it for last years cycle. He said when he interviewed it started off with a student interview after you check in and then you'll be taken to a conference room with Dr. Wilson and the rest of the interviewees and they'll probably do a talk and then they'll take you to the rooms where you'll have interviews with 2 faculty members (not at the same time) and then afterwards you'll have a financial aid talk and then lunch with some other students and then a tour and then you should be done.

Anybody interviewing on the 13th? Also does anybody know the new format for their interviews. Was just talking to a friend of mine who is a 3rd year at ECU and he said they changed it for last years cycle. He said when he interviewed it started off with a student interview after you check in and then you'll be taken to a conference room with Dr. Wilson and the rest of the interviewees and they'll probably do a talk and then they'll take you to the rooms where you'll have interviews with 2 faculty members (not at the same time) and then afterwards you'll have a financial aid talk and then lunch with some other students and then a tour and then you should be done.

I can confirm that. That’s how it was done for the c/o 2022.

I’ll be a D1 in the fall and I’m doing the summer research program currently. Although I don’t know much about life as a dental student if you have any questions as to why I chose ecu or anything general about the school feel free to pm me! If idk I’ll ask someone who does. Good luck everyone!
Hi! my interview is next week. I would love to hear why you choose ecu? do you know how many apply to ecu, how many receive interviews and how many are accepted?

Hi! my interview is next week. I would love to hear why you choose ecu? do you know how many apply to ecu, how many receive interviews and how many are accepted?

Sure thing! I know that approximately 500 apply for 52 spots. The total number accepted I’m not sure but I know the ADA booklet will have all of those numbers. It’s a good buy for like 20 bucks. I chose ECU for a number of reasons. The mission of the school, serving the rural areas of NC is one that resonated with me, the price (~160k for total cost of attendance if you do the FELS loan) making it the 2nd cheapest school in the country next to PR. Everyone at the school literally lives and breathes to help you. 99% of people have been really kind, always smile, say hello, start conversations, overall I had a good experience with the people there! Another huge factor for me was the CSLCs. Our 4th year we leave school for 3 9week rotations to clinics across underserved parts of NC. We treat patients there under an attending so it serves as a many residency. A lot of dentists/clinicians that I have talked to have said that ECU students perform better than most school clinically and that’s probably attributed to the fact we get to start hands on stuff D1. Location was another important factor for me!

Sure thing! I know that approximately 500 apply for 52 spots. The total number accepted I’m not sure but I know the ADA booklet will have all of those numbers. It’s a good buy for like 20 bucks. I chose ECU for a number of reasons. The mission of the school, serving the rural areas of NC is one that resonated with me, the price (~160k for total cost of attendance if you do the FELS loan) making it the 2nd cheapest school in the country next to PR. Everyone at the school literally lives and breathes to help you. 99% of people have been really kind, always smile, say hello, start conversations, overall I had a good experience with the people there! Another huge factor for me was the CSLCs. Our 4th year we leave school for 3 9week rotations to clinics across underserved parts of NC. We treat patients there under an attending so it serves as a many residency. A lot of dentists/clinicians that I have talked to have said that ECU students perform better than most school clinically and that’s probably attributed to the fact we get to start hands on stuff D1. Location was another important factor for me!

Thank you for your reply! All your reasons match mine. ECU is my number one choice for location and the CSLCs. after discovering my passion and career choice in NC I want to continue serving the community that influenced me. I moved to NC 4 years ago with my family and as a family oriented person, I want to stay close to them. The CSLCs and mission fit with my future goals.

Thank you for your reply! All your reasons match mine. ECU is my number one choice for location and the CSLCs. after discovering my passion and career choice in NC I want to continue serving the community that influenced me. I moved to NC 4 years ago with my family and as a family oriented person, I want to stay close to them. The CSLCs and mission fit with my future goals.

Sounds great! I’m sure you’ll be fine, your motives sound pure. Good luck!

Got the "invited for interview" email last night! It will be my third time interviewing at ECU; hoping third time's a charm... Email said to call on Mondays or Wednesdays to schedule the interview, obviously they're closed today so I'll be scheduling Wednesday.

Got the "invited for interview" email last night! It will be my third time interviewing at ECU; hoping third time's a charm... Email said to call on Mondays or Wednesdays to schedule the interview, obviously they're closed today so I'll be scheduling Wednesday.

May I ask what ur stats are?

When did you apply? Stats?

I also got an interview invite yesterday! Very excited! If it helps at all here are my stats for anyone interested:
21 AA DAT (PA: 24, QR: 21, RC: 22, BIO: 21, GC: 20, OC: 21) 3.70 GPA.
Going to call Wednesday and get it scheduled!
Good luck everyone!!

I was just offered an interview as well!! So thankful :) Calling to schedule on Wed!

May I ask what ur stats are?
Just got home so I looked up my DAT scores. 20 QR, 20 RC, 20 Bio, 20 GC, 18 OC (but I got a 20 here the first time, idk if they take that into account or not), 21 PAT.

Did y'all get the email that Sept 13 interviews were cancelled bc of the hurricane? I got rescheduled to October 23 hopefully this doesn't hurt my chances.

Asking for a friend. Those that were invited for an interview, did you receive the email regarding an invitation on a Friday? Thanks!

My official DAT scores were posted Thursday and then ECU received them on Friday and I got my invite to interview yesterday! Anyone know what typically is the earliest you can schedule after receiving this email? I am hoping to as soon as possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.