***The Official ECU Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
did anyone interview with ecu and not get the “continuing review” email?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten word about a Facebook group for accepted students yet? Trying to get a feel for classmates to help make a decision...

did anyone interview with ecu and not get the “continuing review” email?
I interviewed late November and mine still says “invited for interview” it didn’t not change to “continuing review”. I don’t know the difference between them tho. I hope I get accepted.

What does continuing review email mean? Does that mean we have a chance in January?

Does anybody know if there will be another round of acceptances mid December, or is it usually just mid January (or is it all just random)?

I interviewed twice with the school and when I was not accepted on December 1st (both times), they switched my status to "Continuing Review" which means that they are still considering your application. You still have a chance if everyone does not accept the initial invitation or they choose a different school. It will only change when they officially reject your application. Once it occurred late February and another time March.

Btw, I was accepted this year so I look forward to meeting all those who were accepted and plan on attending!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if there will be another round of acceptances mid December, or is it usually just mid January (or is it all just random)?

According to some of the admissions committee, they won't extend again until January. I think that is due to the deadline for the initial invites.

Last edited:
I interviewed twice with the school and when I was not accepted on December 1st (both times), they switched my status to "Continuing Review" which means that they are still considering your application. You still have a chance if everyone does not accept the initial invitation or they choose a different school. It will only change when they officially reject your application. Once it occurred late February and another time March.

Btw, I was accepted this year so I look forward to meeting all those who were accepted and plan on attending!
Congrats!! See you in August.

Thanks for the info! Do you know if this means that they initially filled the class, and those who don't accept give the rest of us spots? Or do they try to fill up maybe half the class first and then continue to accept people based on accepted offers? I hope this makes sense, just pretty nervous

Thanks for the info! Do you know if this means that they initially filled the class, and those who don't accept give the rest of us spots? Or do they try to fill up maybe half the class first and then continue to accept people based on accepted offers? I hope this makes sense, just pretty nervous
Maybe call and ask them?

Reactions: 1 user

Honestly, I do not know. :(

Has anyone gotten word about a Facebook group for accepted students yet? Trying to get a feel for classmates to help make a decision...

There hasn't been one made yet. But someone should really make one and then let us know on the thread.

Are they still giving out interview invites? I plan to send an academic update on my app and to the admission email.

You should create one and post the link in here

Is there some sort of accepted students page somewhere where those of us that got accepted can talk to each other?

Is there some sort of accepted students page somewhere where those of us that got accepted can talk to each other?

were you enrolled in any classes this semester? i wonder if they're waiting for final grades to be verified before handing out more acceptances for recent students..

were you enrolled in any classes this semester? i wonder if they're waiting for final grades to be verified before handing out more acceptances for recent students..

Someone from the school will start a Facebook page — probably by late December to early January sometime.

Did anyone get an email that their application was still under review that has NOT interviewed yet?

I graduated this past May but I was accepted to ECU a few weeks ago. I was just hoping to start getting in touch with other officially accepted students.

From what I understand, they use the information that was posted in your AADSAS application as a determination. The only time they are waiting to receive additional information is if you need to complete a prerequisite course prior to matriculation. Then of course, you will need to update that info so as to not hold you back.

I graduated this past May but I was accepted to ECU a few weeks ago. I was just hoping to start getting in touch with other officially accepted students.
Yes I want to begin those connections. Were you able to attend the "Your Profession Starts Here" event Tuesday? Did anybody?

From what I understand, they use the information that was posted in your AADSAS application as a determination. The only time they are waiting to receive additional information is if you need to complete a prerequisite course prior to matriculation. Then of course, you will need to update that info so as to not hold you back.

when did you interview if you don't mind me asking?

Yes I want to begin those connections. Were you able to attend the "Your Profession Starts Here" event Tuesday? Did anybody?
I was there! There was a good crowd and a lot of students brought several family members. It's hard for me to say how many accepted students were there because of all the guests but I'd have to guess 30+ or so. For people anxious about getting accepted several of the people there were still considering multiple dental schools.

I started a groupme. You're invited to my new group 'ECU Dental School Class of 2023' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Last edited:
I made my deposit a few days ago, and I got email confirmation, but it isn’t showing up under my deposit history on PiratePort. Can someone check and see if it’s showing for them?

I made my deposit a few days ago, and I got email confirmation, but it isn’t showing up under my deposit history on PiratePort. Can someone check and see if it’s showing for them?
It is showing up for me under Deposit History. I paid on the 21st

Hey guys is ECU a good school to go to if you may want to specialize in the future? Just trying to get opinions I am trying to decide between ECU and Maryland.

Hey guys is ECU a good school to go to if you may want to specialize in the future? Just trying to get opinions I am trying to decide between ECU and Maryland.

Current D4 here. Save your money and stay in state. You can specialize no matter what school you go to. But, paying back the 200K cost differential is a very tangible burden that will affect your specialization decision process.

Does anyone know the correct protocol regarding handling multiple acceptances if you are still undecided before Jan 2nd? Someone please advise. Thank you.

Does anyone know the correct protocol regarding handling multiple acceptances if you are still undecided before Jan 2nd? Someone please advise. Thank you.
I believe you’ll need to put down multiple deposits to hold your spot in each program. You’ll forfeit your deposits at the other schools once you decide which one you’ll go to.

Is the admissions office phone number working for everyone else?

Does anyone know when the next acceptances will be sent out? They told me on January last time but I don’t know exactly when.

Does anyone know when the next acceptances will be sent out? They told me on January last time but I don’t know exactly when.
I emailed them recently and they said they didn't know when the next acceptances would be sent out.

Are they going to send out any more interview invites? I've sent them my grades twice now while waiting for updates on AADSAS and am still hoping to interview this cycle.

Are they going to send out any more interview invites? I've sent them my grades twice now while waiting for updates on AADSAS and am still hoping to interview this cycle.

Were they able to reply back to your email saying they received your unofficial grades?

Status
Not open for further replies.