***The Official ECU Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone gotten word about a Facebook group for accepted students yet? Trying to get a feel for classmates to help make a decision...
 
did anyone interview with ecu and not get the “continuing review” email?
I interviewed late November and mine still says “invited for interview” it didn’t not change to “continuing review”. I don’t know the difference between them tho. I hope I get accepted.
 
Does anybody know if there will be another round of acceptances mid December, or is it usually just mid January (or is it all just random)?
 

I interviewed twice with the school and when I was not accepted on December 1st (both times), they switched my status to "Continuing Review" which means that they are still considering your application. You still have a chance if everyone does not accept the initial invitation or they choose a different school. It will only change when they officially reject your application. Once it occurred late February and another time March.

Btw, I was accepted this year so I look forward to meeting all those who were accepted and plan on attending!
 
I interviewed twice with the school and when I was not accepted on December 1st (both times), they switched my status to "Continuing Review" which means that they are still considering your application. You still have a chance if everyone does not accept the initial invitation or they choose a different school. It will only change when they officially reject your application. Once it occurred late February and another time March.

Btw, I was accepted this year so I look forward to meeting all those who were accepted and plan on attending!
Congrats!! See you in August.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed twice with the school and when I was not accepted on December 1st (both times), they switched my status to "Continuing Review" which means that they are still considering your application. You still have a chance if everyone does not accept the initial invitation or they choose a different school. It will only change when they officially reject your application. Once it occurred late February and another time March.

Btw, I was accepted this year so I look forward to meeting all those who were accepted and plan on attending!
Thanks for the info! Do you know if this means that they initially filled the class, and those who don't accept give the rest of us spots? Or do they try to fill up maybe half the class first and then continue to accept people based on accepted offers? I hope this makes sense, just pretty nervous
 
Thanks for the info! Do you know if this means that they initially filled the class, and those who don't accept give the rest of us spots? Or do they try to fill up maybe half the class first and then continue to accept people based on accepted offers? I hope this makes sense, just pretty nervous
Maybe call and ask them?
 
Thanks for the info! Do you know if this means that they initially filled the class, and those who don't accept give the rest of us spots? Or do they try to fill up maybe half the class first and then continue to accept people based on accepted offers? I hope this makes sense, just pretty nervous

Honestly, I do not know. 🙁
 
Are they still giving out interview invites? I plan to send an academic update on my app and to the admission email.
 
Is there some sort of accepted students page somewhere where those of us that got accepted can talk to each other?

were you enrolled in any classes this semester? i wonder if they're waiting for final grades to be verified before handing out more acceptances for recent students..
 
were you enrolled in any classes this semester? i wonder if they're waiting for final grades to be verified before handing out more acceptances for recent students..

Someone from the school will start a Facebook page — probably by late December to early January sometime.
 
were you enrolled in any classes this semester? i wonder if they're waiting for final grades to be verified before handing out more acceptances for recent students..
I graduated this past May but I was accepted to ECU a few weeks ago. I was just hoping to start getting in touch with other officially accepted students.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
were you enrolled in any classes this semester? i wonder if they're waiting for final grades to be verified before handing out more acceptances for recent students..
From what I understand, they use the information that was posted in your AADSAS application as a determination. The only time they are waiting to receive additional information is if you need to complete a prerequisite course prior to matriculation. Then of course, you will need to update that info so as to not hold you back.
 
I graduated this past May but I was accepted to ECU a few weeks ago. I was just hoping to start getting in touch with other officially accepted students.
Yes I want to begin those connections. Were you able to attend the "Your Profession Starts Here" event Tuesday? Did anybody?
 
From what I understand, they use the information that was posted in your AADSAS application as a determination. The only time they are waiting to receive additional information is if you need to complete a prerequisite course prior to matriculation. Then of course, you will need to update that info so as to not hold you back.

when did you interview if you don't mind me asking?
 
Yes I want to begin those connections. Were you able to attend the "Your Profession Starts Here" event Tuesday? Did anybody?
I was there! There was a good crowd and a lot of students brought several family members. It's hard for me to say how many accepted students were there because of all the guests but I'd have to guess 30+ or so. For people anxious about getting accepted several of the people there were still considering multiple dental schools.
 
I made my deposit a few days ago, and I got email confirmation, but it isn’t showing up under my deposit history on PiratePort. Can someone check and see if it’s showing for them?
 
Hey guys is ECU a good school to go to if you may want to specialize in the future? Just trying to get opinions I am trying to decide between ECU and Maryland.
 
Hey guys is ECU a good school to go to if you may want to specialize in the future? Just trying to get opinions I am trying to decide between ECU and Maryland.

Current D4 here. Save your money and stay in state. You can specialize no matter what school you go to. But, paying back the 200K cost differential is a very tangible burden that will affect your specialization decision process.
 
Does anyone know the correct protocol regarding handling multiple acceptances if you are still undecided before Jan 2nd? Someone please advise. Thank you.
 
Does anyone know the correct protocol regarding handling multiple acceptances if you are still undecided before Jan 2nd? Someone please advise. Thank you.
I believe you’ll need to put down multiple deposits to hold your spot in each program. You’ll forfeit your deposits at the other schools once you decide which one you’ll go to.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are they going to send out any more interview invites? I've sent them my grades twice now while waiting for updates on AADSAS and am still hoping to interview this cycle.
 
Are they going to send out any more interview invites? I've sent them my grades twice now while waiting for updates on AADSAS and am still hoping to interview this cycle.

Were they able to reply back to your email saying they received your unofficial grades?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.