***The Official ECU Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone interviewing on november 6th

Members don't see this ad.

Can i ask what your stats were and when you applied? Have you visited and been around ECU's dental school for some facetime before?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything lately? Do you think there are still spots for a pre-December interview?

Has anyone heard anything lately? Do you think there are still spots for a pre-December interview?
I just got my interview invite last week for the 5th of November so I bet there are still pre december spots left.

Reactions: 1 user
For those that have already interviewed, could someone give us some insight into the type of interview it is and some tips to prepare?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, could anyone tell me about the format of the interview?
I had 4 separate interviews. 1 with a student to start the day. Then half of the group does individual interviews and the other half tours. So I met with 3 faculty members one-on-one for ~25min each.

Reactions: 1 users
I had 4 separate interviews. 1 with a student to start the day. Then half of the group does individual interviews and the other half tours. So I met with 3 faculty members one-on-one for ~25min each.
What school did you end up going to?

How common are their post-december interviews? also does anyone know about their demographics - if you are from a big city or went to a popular school do you have less chance?

How common are their post-december interviews? also does anyone know about their demographics - if you are from a big city or went to a popular school do you have less chance?

I'm not going to be too helpful; I know they do have post-december interviews and I think only about half the class is "filled" before those post-december interviews. I dont think it hurts if you're from a big city necessarily, I just think it helps a lot if you're from Greenville/have experience working or volunteering in smaller/rural cities! That's just what I've gathered

I personally think that they look for applicants that are from smaller towns, because they are more likely to serve underserved areas.

Has anyone received an email on the eve of acceptances given out, regarding waitlist or still interested? Thanks!

Has anyone received an email on the eve of acceptances given out, regarding waitlist or still interested? Thanks!
They're not going out until tomorrow, and if it's like last year the emails will be sent early in the AM

Anybody hear back yet? Emails in the past have gone out before 7 AM

Got accepted by email at 7:25 AM EST. Good luck to everyone else!

Do you all know if they send out emails throughout the day? or all at once per day?

Weird that I got mine a little earlier than the others because I was under the impression that they sent them out at the same time, I guess they don't! Congrats to all that got in and ya'll PM me if you're going to accept the offer, because I definitely am and I'm all about meeting my future classmates :)

Accepted at 7:25am today. I am a reapplicant and I am honestly still in shock. It’s truly a dream come true. Someone pinch me, I think I’m dreaming. To all those patiently waiting, I was in your shoes and your time will come soon! Look forward to meeting my fellow classmates.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know what the timetable is for people who didn't hear back today? Like, ECU didn't accept their whole class today, did they?

Does anyone know what the timetable is for people who didn't hear back today? Like, ECU didn't accept their whole class today, did they?
I was about to ask the same thing. Congrats to everyone who got in today!! For the rest of us, are there certain days people hear back or is it totally random until the end of Spring?

I was about to ask the same thing. Congrats to everyone who got in today!! For the rest of us, are there certain days people hear back or is it totally random until the end of Spring?
The past few years it has been kind of random and there really isn't a time table. Last year I found out I didn't get in by phone call from Dr. Wilson in late February or early March.

Yes it kind of depends. I was waitlisted and ultimately denied last cycle. I got an email in late February telling me I was waitlisted, and then didn't get the denial email until July/August. But they will accept more people after today because a lot of spots will open up when some accepted today go to other schools! But I don't think it'll be until January when that starts to happen

Last edited:
Yes it kind of depends. I was waitlisted and ultimately denied last cycle. I got an email in late February telling me I was waitlisted, and then didn't get the denial email until July/August. But they will accept more people after today because a lot of spots will open up when some accepted today go to other schools! But I don't think it'll be until January when that starts to happen

I hope you get in this go-around!

No they never do, hang in there

If y’all have any questions about school PM me! For those accepted so far congrats!

To all of you who are still waiting, KEEP IT UP. I got in today on my third application, I have relatively low stats (20 AA, 3.1 undergraduate GPA). Many of you will get in this cycle but if not never give up. I got feedback from their staff last spring, went into the masters of physiology program at NCSU and got a 4.0 over the summer and then accepted in December. If you're truly dedicated to serving NC and show that through volunteer work, etc, the admissions committee will distinguish you with enough perseverance.

And I know from past years that a ton of people get in late December through all of January and early February. Ya'll got this.

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone else get the "continuing review" email this morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.