You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
***The Official ECU Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***
Started by The Crentist's office
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Can i ask what your stats were and when you applied? Have you visited and been around ECU's dental school for some facetime before?
what stats and no just been to campusCan i ask what your stats were and when you applied? Have you visited and been around ECU's dental school for some facetime before?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
future_DDS23
Full Member
I'll be there on the 5th!!anyone interviewing on november 6th
Dat and GPA etc.what stats and no just been to campus
future_DDS23
Full Member
I just got my interview invite last week for the 5th of November so I bet there are still pre december spots left.Has anyone heard anything lately? Do you think there are still spots for a pre-December interview?
I'll be there on the 5th!!
Yo could we exchange contact info? Maybe we can get together after your interview or something. Also, I would love to hear what the interviews were like.
Dat and GPA etc.
DAT AA:22 TS:20 GPA:3.75
future_DDS23
Full Member
For those that have already interviewed, could someone give us some insight into the type of interview it is and some tips to prepare?
future_DDS23
Full Member
Yes! DM me and I would be happy to!Yo could we exchange contact info? Maybe we can get together after your interview or something. Also, I would love to hear what the interviews were like.
I tried to, but I don't know how. Just email me at sportshero247@gmailYes! DM me and I would be happy to!
future_DDS23
Full Member
Hello, could anyone tell me about the format of the interview?
I had 4 separate interviews. 1 with a student to start the day. Then half of the group does individual interviews and the other half tours. So I met with 3 faculty members one-on-one for ~25min each.Hello, could anyone tell me about the format of the interview?
What school did you end up going to?I had 4 separate interviews. 1 with a student to start the day. Then half of the group does individual interviews and the other half tours. So I met with 3 faculty members one-on-one for ~25min each.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm applying this cycle.What school did you end up going to?
How common are their post-december interviews? also does anyone know about their demographics - if you are from a big city or went to a popular school do you have less chance?
ecuhopeful123
Full Member
How common are their post-december interviews? also does anyone know about their demographics - if you are from a big city or went to a popular school do you have less chance?
I'm not going to be too helpful; I know they do have post-december interviews and I think only about half the class is "filled" before those post-december interviews. I dont think it hurts if you're from a big city necessarily, I just think it helps a lot if you're from Greenville/have experience working or volunteering in smaller/rural cities! That's just what I've gathered
I personally think that they look for applicants that are from smaller towns, because they are more likely to serve underserved areas.How common are their post-december interviews? also does anyone know about their demographics - if you are from a big city or went to a popular school do you have less chance?
Has anyone received an email on the eve of acceptances given out, regarding waitlist or still interested? Thanks!
I haven’t.
They're not going out until tomorrow, and if it's like last year the emails will be sent early in the AMHas anyone received an email on the eve of acceptances given out, regarding waitlist or still interested? Thanks!
ddswantabee
New Member
Did an email go out at midnight? Has anyone heard anything?
No news yet. But last year it was around 7am.
Anybody hear back yet? Emails in the past have gone out before 7 AM
Not yet
This is hella stressful lol. I'd hoped they would do 6:05 like last year. When did you interview?Not yet
November 15th. U?
October 12th. AND HOLY CRAP I JUST GOT THE EMAIL AS IM TYPINGNovember 15th. U?
Accepted by email 7:00 AM, will be accepting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh my gosh congrats!!Accepted by email 7:00 AM, will be accepting
It's my third time applying and it certainly was a charm lol. Good luck to everyone else!Oh my gosh congrats!!
future_DDS23
Full Member
Acccepted 🙂 7:25 AM
Weird that I got mine a little earlier than the others because I was under the impression that they sent them out at the same time, I guess they don't! Congrats to all that got in and ya'll PM me if you're going to accept the offer, because I definitely am and I'm all about meeting my future classmates 🙂
Accepted at 7:25am today. I am a reapplicant and I am honestly still in shock. It’s truly a dream come true. Someone pinch me, I think I’m dreaming. To all those patiently waiting, I was in your shoes and your time will come soon! Look forward to meeting my fellow classmates.
Last edited:
ecuhopeful123
Full Member
I was about to ask the same thing. Congrats to everyone who got in today!! For the rest of us, are there certain days people hear back or is it totally random until the end of Spring?Does anyone know what the timetable is for people who didn't hear back today? Like, ECU didn't accept their whole class today, did they?
The past few years it has been kind of random and there really isn't a time table. Last year I found out I didn't get in by phone call from Dr. Wilson in late February or early March.I was about to ask the same thing. Congrats to everyone who got in today!! For the rest of us, are there certain days people hear back or is it totally random until the end of Spring?
Does anyone know what the timetable is for people who didn't hear back today? Like, ECU didn't accept their whole class today, did they?
Yes it kind of depends. I was waitlisted and ultimately denied last cycle. I got an email in late February telling me I was waitlisted, and then didn't get the denial email until July/August. But they will accept more people after today because a lot of spots will open up when some accepted today go to other schools! But I don't think it'll be until January when that starts to happen
Last edited:
Yes it kind of depends. I was waitlisted and ultimately denied last cycle. I got an email in late February telling me I was waitlisted, and then didn't get the denial email until July/August. But they will accept more people after today because a lot of spots will open up when some accepted today go to other schools! But I don't think it'll be until January when that starts to happen
I hope you get in this go-around!
I hope you get in this go-around!
I was accepted this morning! Thanks so much, I'm so excited!!
Does anyone know what the timetable is for people who didn't hear back today? Like, ECU didn't accept their whole class today, did they?
No they never do, hang in there
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If y’all have any questions about school PM me! For those accepted so far congrats!
Did ECU have December interviews?
Yes, I actually Interview there tomorrow, the day after they started acceptances...
To all of you who are still waiting, KEEP IT UP. I got in today on my third application, I have relatively low stats (20 AA, 3.1 undergraduate GPA). Many of you will get in this cycle but if not never give up. I got feedback from their staff last spring, went into the masters of physiology program at NCSU and got a 4.0 over the summer and then accepted in December. If you're truly dedicated to serving NC and show that through volunteer work, etc, the admissions committee will distinguish you with enough perseverance.
And I know from past years that a ton of people get in late December through all of January and early February. Ya'll got this.
And I know from past years that a ton of people get in late December through all of January and early February. Ya'll got this.
futuredent16
Full Member
Did anyone else get the "continuing review" email this morning?
Did anyone else get the "continuing review" email this morning?
My friend did
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 9K
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K