***The Official Harvard Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

w4nt2baDDS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let the heartbreaks and triumphs begin!

Members don't see this ad.

Is this a new school? Great, another no name university opening a dental school.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
does anyone have your check cashed? Harvard does not even show up on my AADSAS portal..

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone have your check cashed? Harvard does not even show up on my AADSAS portal..

Harvard hasn't cashed my check either and I don't think they're going to use the AADSAS portal (pretty sure the thread for last year mentioned this). As of right now, were still in the dark with things.

Let me know if anything changes on your end, I'll do the same on mine.

Why are they not using the portal? They've got to be that different, huh?

I kind of wish all the schools were required to use the the portal. Of the 9 schools I have applied to, only 2 of them have any status updates under "School Decisions" -- hopefully that number will change!

Harvard is pretty slow with the process. If they follow the same as last year, don't expect any interview offers until mid-end of September.

For those applying for the Fee Assistance Program, email Harvard with your FAP waiver and they'll waive the supplemental fee for you in two days by email.

Check cashed on 7/17

Last edited:
Yup, my check was also cashed on 7/18. I was part of 2nd batch (7/2).

Still hasn't cashed my check.. I was paranoid that I forgot to sign the check, so I sent another one today just in case..

Members don't see this ad :)
Still hasn't cashed my check.. I was paranoid that I forgot to sign the check, so I sent another one today just in case..

Lol when they cash both

Reactions: 1 users

Lol when they cash both

Reactions: 1 users
Are you guys saying that you got their secondary application and you then sent their secondary app fee by check and they just haven't cashed that?

Are you guys saying that you got their secondary application and you then sent their secondary app fee by check and they just haven't cashed that?

No, Harvard's secondary application comes with the interview invite. They send their interview invites in September. The secondary fee is separate and sent out at the same time as the primary application.

Anyone know how intensive the secondary application is, should we be so lucky to get one?

Hi guys! How did you send in your checks? Just mail it to their address?

Does Harvard send an email to applicant when they receive the supplemental fee? (I sent in a while ago but haven't received any news since then.)
BTW my app is going to be mailed out today.

Does Harvard send an email to applicant when they receive the supplemental fee? (I sent in a while ago but haven't received any news since then.)
BTW my app is going to be mailed out today.
How did you send in your supplemental fee if you haven't even sent in your application?

How did you send in your supplemental fee if you haven't even sent in your application?
It says that we need to send in the application fee at the same time I send ADEA AADSAS Materials.
Also my app was sent out (batched) as of today :)

I just got an application complete email from Harvard!

I received mine yesterday, 08/11.
I submitted 7/7 and mailed out 8/7 (7th batch).
Indeed, applying anytime before august doesn't make much difference.

Got an email saying my application fee is not received and the status is incomplete.
Did they send these to everyone? There is no supplemental application, just asking to fulfil fee requirement.

Got an email saying my application fee is not received and the status is incomplete.
Did they send these to everyone? There is no supplemental application, just asking to fulfil fee requirement.
When was your application completed? Mine got mailed out last week but still got nothing:(

When was your application completed? Mine got mailed out last week but still got nothing:(
I sent it out June 6th, got supplemental from every other school except Harvard. Wasn't sure if they send such emails out to everyone who applies? It says the status and that fee is required. I am going to send it after i take my DAT sep 4th. Depending on the score. Don't worry, i think they take time to respond.

I sent it out June 6th, got supplemental from every other school except Harvard. Wasn't sure if they send such emails out to everyone who applies? It says the status and that fee is required. I am going to send it after i take my DAT sep 4th. Depending on the score. Don't worry, i think they take time to respond.
I really hope so.. Anyways good luck with your applications:)

Just got an application complete email! 3rd batch

Check was cashed on the 24th. First batch and haven't received an email yet. In case anyone else is in the same boat.

Are you suppose to wait for them to tell you to send the check or just send it?

Are you suppose to wait for them to tell you to send the check or just send it?
Just send it.

HSDM website states:

$75 Nonrefundable Application Fee* - At the time you submit your application through AADSAS, you must also send a check or money order with your NAME and DENTPIN printed legibly on the face of the check. We do not accept cash or credit cards. Checks must be in US Funds.

It should be made out to Harvard School of Dental Medicine and mailed to:

Harvard School of Dental Medicine
DMD Program
188 Longwood Avenue
Boston MA 02115

*Students who have received a fee waiver through AADSAS may apply for a fee waiver from HSDM by submitting a copy of the AADSAS fee waiver to the Admissions Office. Email to [email protected]

Hey all, should I avoid applying with a 3.2 o-gpa and s-gpa with a 23AA/24TS? Submitted end of July. I do have a lot of professional experience and work experience as well as 250+ shadowing hrs

Last edited:
Hey all, should I avoid applying with a 3.2 o-gpa and s-gpa with a 23AA/24TS? Submitted end of July. I do have a lot of professional experience and work experience as well as 250+ shadowing hrs
Up to you and your interest in HSDM. If you want to apply, go for it!

HSDM emphasizes its whole application / whole person review process. They could easily fill their class with 4.0/26+ students, but they realize that measuring a student's potential by GPA/DAT alone would mean missing out on some otherwise amazing applicants.

HSDM website states:

"The Admissions Committee reads all completed applications in their entirety. This process may take up to eight weeks, depending on the volume of applications to be screened. The greatest volume occurs in August, September, and October. HSDM has no minimum requirement for GPA or DAT scores; the Admissions Committee takes the entire application into consideration when deciding on the candidates to invite for an interview."

Reactions: 2 users
They could easily fill their class with 4.0/26+ students

Technically they could not, as Harvard's class size is 35 and less than that many people score 26+ on the DAT each cycle.

With that said your point is a good one but let's keep in mind it's no coincidence they have the highest GPA and DAT average of all the dental schools, so it's clear academic performance gets strong emphasis from them too.

I applied with a 3.4 and 23AA. The reason being that the school in my opinion fits me with the research it has and the MPH program definitely appeals to me for what I want to eventually do, going into academics. Anyway, if the school fits what you want to do then go for it!

Technically they could not, as Harvard's class size is 35 and less than that many people score 26+ on the DAT each cycle.
Lol okay fine, 25+ if we're assuming the 2009 DAT distribution is reflective of the current distribution.

With that said your point is a good one but let's keep in mind it's no coincidence they have the highest GPA and DAT average of all the dental schools, so it's clear academic performance gets strong emphasis from them too.
Agreed.

Last edited:
I applied with a 3.4 and 23AA. The reason being that the school in my opinion fits me with the research it has and the MPH program definitely appeals to me for what I want to eventually do, going into academics. Anyway, if the school fits what you want to do then go for it!
Good point.

Application complete email just came, first Batch.

And for those interested in applying. You have zero chance of getting in unless you apply.
With that said you need to look at your application from their point of view and ask if you would accept you.

Application complete email, 6th batch (7/9).