***The Official Indiana University Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got waitlisted but never accepted. I don't think Indiana rejects anyone they interview everyone goes on the waitlist.
wow im surprised you didn't get off the waitlist. When did you interview?

Members don't see this ad.

wow im surprised you didn't get off the waitlist. When did you interview?

November 11th and my DAT wasn't that great so I wasn't all that surprised.

November 11th and my DAT wasn't that great so I wasn't all that surprised.

They will definitely accept you this time with interviewing you the second time!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
They will definitely accept you this time with interviewing you the second time!

haha thanks I actually thought my interview went pretty will last time so im hopeful for this cycle

haha thanks I actually thought my interview went pretty will last time so im hopeful for this cycle

I have heard a story from this guy that is in IUSD. He told me that he interviewed first cycle and didn't get in, and the second cycle turned out well. He was in-state. Anymore interviews?

Reactions: 1 users
I have heard a story from this guy that is in IUSD. He told me that he interviewed first cycle and didn't get in, and the second cycle turned out well. He was in-state. Anymore interviews?

They actually accept a lot of ppl off the waitlist. I got 2 other interviews as well ones from my state school that I'd love to attend, can't turn down that in state tuition lol

what is your secret?
I'm very passionate about dentistry and it shows that in my personal statement and I have a LOT of leadership and experience. I have about 8k hours of work, volunteering, and shadowing. A lot of that comes from being very involved with things for about 10 years. I also know my professors wrote very good letters for me. Again, they look at the application holistically, so I'm staying optimistic. Especially when I retake my DAT.

Do you think I might have a slightly better chance since I'm interviewing in their 2nd round of interviews?

you might but tbh I don't think it really matters when you interview since IU only interviews a certain amount and doesn't do post december interviews also I know a few people that interviewed with me that got accepted. When's your interview?

I got the webinar via email! and I also got an interview today.

Any tips for the interview day? Also any thoughts about the writing practice portion of the interview day will be helpful. Good Luck everyone!

I felt that the interview day was pretty relaxed. I had my interview in the morning and then we had presentations and the writing portion in the afternoon. The writing portion was not a big deal! I think they are mostly looking at your ability to think through a question and that your writing style matches up with what you wrote in your personal statement (AKA making sure you wrote it yourself).

Any additional tips would be to wear comfortable shoes (break them in beforehand) and just try to be yourself (cliché, I know). Know your personal statement and why you want to attend IUSD over other schools!

Good luck!! :)

Interview #1: Indiana
Residency: MI
App complete: Aug 8
Method: Email
sgpa/cgpa: 3.4/3.52
AA/TS/RC/PAT/Under 17: 17/17/18/18/ Yes, GC: 16

Thoughts since I have a really good application and if I do well on the interview, what are my chances?

If you got an interview, you're half way there!

you might but tbh I don't think it really matters when you interview since IU only interviews a certain amount and doesn't do post december interviews also I know a few people that interviewed with me that got accepted. When's your interview?
Its in a couple weeks! The 18th.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they have sent out their second wave of interview invites yet?

I felt that the interview day was pretty relaxed. I had my interview in the morning and then we had presentations and the writing portion in the afternoon. The writing portion was not a big deal! I think they are mostly looking at your ability to think through a question and that your writing style matches up with what you wrote in your personal statement (AKA making sure you wrote it yourself).

Any additional tips would be to wear comfortable shoes (break them in beforehand) and just try to be yourself (cliché, I know). Know your personal statement and why you want to attend IUSD over other schools!

Good luck!! :)
Thank you for the advice!!! Im having such difficult time figuring out what to wear for the interview. but thinking about the interview itself is killing me from all the stress and anxiety.

Does anyone know if they have sent out their second wave of interview invites yet?
they did! I was actually in the second wave. they said the third wave(last one) will be on October 15th.

I got waitlisted but never accepted. I don't think Indiana rejects anyone they interview everyone goes on the waitlist.

I applied and was interviewed two cycles ago; December 1st I was rejected, so apparently they don't waitlist everyone that isn't accepted.

Got a invite today. IU was the only school to give me a interview last cycle hopefully this cycle goes better lol
Where all did you apply?

Where all did you apply?

20+ schools this cycle and last lol I already have 3 interviews this time tho so it's going a lot better. We actually interviewed on the same day at IU

20+ schools this cycle and last lol I already have 3 interviews this time tho so it's going a lot better. We actually interviewed on the same day at IU
I remember!!! This is your year, Im excited for you!

Hey friends! I’m interviewing tomorrow (Sept. 18th); anyone on here that’ll be there tomorrow?!

Hey friends! I’m interviewing tomorrow (Sept. 18th); anyone on here that’ll be there tomorrow?!

I'm interviewing tomorrow (September 18th) too! My interview is in the morning

Don't be nervous about the interview! I found it to be very laid back. My interviewers were two of the nicest people I've every met and they both seemed genuinely interested to get to know me better. If you are comfortable with your application, you'll do fine. None of the questions were surprising. It was more like a conversation than anything else. Remain relaxed! I interviewed on September 10th.

Thank you! How's Roseman?
It's awesome! it was hard to choose between IU and Roseman but I think Roseman was a much better fit for me.

Can you let us know how it goes? Mine is on the 19th a little nervous because this is my top choice :oops:

The interview went very well nothing to be nervous about!

I would say just review your application, and be prepared to talk about anything you have written about. They may ask you to talk about something, then they may ask follow up questions based on your answer. The best advice I can give is be confident in yourself! You know why you're here, you know what you have written, you know who you are. Just be prepared to back it up and tie key components together. They want to know who you are as a person, that's all. They do not have access to GPAs or DAT scores because they want to know your story.

It may also benefit you to keep in mind the four pillars of medical ethics. If they ask an ethics question, you are free to introduce hypothetical scenarios or personal experiences to support an arguement to the given question.

Also, just take a breath and a few moments to think about the question before you answer it! This will benefit you for both the interview and the writing prompt (10 minute prompt, absolutely nothing to sweat about). Make sure you understand what is being asked so that you can answer it fully and not go on a tangent.

The faculty and students are very approachable and welcoming. They are here to help you get in to dental school.

This interview should be the most laid back and comfortable! Good luck and let us know how it goes

Does application complete = rejection at this point?

The interview went very well nothing to be nervous about!

I would say just review your application, and be prepared to talk about anything you have written about. They may ask you to talk about something, then they may ask follow up questions based on your answer. The best advice I can give is be confident in yourself! You know why you're here, you know what you have written, you know who you are. Just be prepared to back it up and tie key components together. They want to know who you are as a person, that's all. They do not have access to GPAs or DAT scores because they want to know your story.

It may also benefit you to keep in mind the four pillars of medical ethics. If they ask an ethics question, you are free to introduce hypothetical scenarios or personal experiences to support an arguement to the given question.

Also, just take a breath and a few moments to think about the question before you answer it! This will benefit you for both the interview and the writing prompt (10 minute prompt, absolutely nothing to sweat about). Make sure you understand what is being asked so that you can answer it fully and not go on a tangent.

The faculty and students are very approachable and welcoming. They are here to help you get in to dental school.

This interview should be the most laid back and comfortable! Good luck and let us know how it goes

So I had my interview today! It certainly was laid back and chill and I had an overall better experience than my first interview at another school! I was asked three questions and it was more conversational. When I left the room, an applicant asked how the questions were and I honestly forgot I was even asked anything lol. I just felt like I was having a conversation with a stranger tbh but I did notice my voice was shaky during the first few minutes because I was so nervous but I managed to calm myself down. Confidence is key for these interviews!
I feel really connected to this school and I'm hoping everything works out for the best!

So I had my interview today! It certainly was laid back and chill and I had an overall better experience than my first interview at another school! I was asked three questions and it was more conversational. When I left the room, an applicant asked how the questions were and I honestly forgot I was even asked anything lol. I just felt like I was having a conversation with a stranger tbh but I did notice my voice was shaky during the first few minutes because I was so nervous but I managed to calm myself down. Confidence is key for these interviews!
I feel really connected to this school and I'm hoping everything works out for the best!
thanks for the feedback, what kind of questions did they ask you?

Are you doing thank you letters since they gave us emails of interviewers?

Does anyone know when they are sending out their last wave of interviews?

Have they sent out any interviews today?

Have they sent out any interviews today?

Technically deadline is today evening. Then I would think they would review for a few days those who applied last moment and by the end of this week they will send out the remaining 100 invites! Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Interview #4
School: Indiana

Notification date: 10/17/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OH
Application complete date: 8/27/18
GPA: s oGPA 3.14
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/22/22/None below 17
Dates available OR your interview date: They asked to rank your preference between 10/31, 11/1, 11/2, 11/4

Interview #4
School: Indiana
Notification date:
10/17/18
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OH
Application complete date:
8/27/18
GPA: s oGPA 3.14
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/25/22/22/None below 17
Dates available OR your interview date: They asked to rank your preference between 10/31, 11/1, 11/2, 11/4
At What time did they notify you?

Does anyone know if they send out invites in one day or over several days?

I also got an interview yesterday. Excited for the opportunity!

Are you doing thank you letters since they gave us emails of interviewers?
sorry for the late response, but yes I emailed them both thanking them and just explained why IU is my top choice. One replied back

thanks for the feedback, what kind of questions did they ask you?
WHY IU, how to I deal with spontaneous decision (I thought this question was phrased poorly so I wasn't entirely sure what answer they were looking for), how do I deal with differing views with my friends

do you guys think all the rest of the invites have been sent out?

The only way to get any more invitations is if another applicant declined the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.