You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*** The Official LECOM Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by Stanelz
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I think this was already asked, and the consensus was a royal blue for this year!Does anyone know what color D1s wear?
I think this was already asked, and the consensus was a royal blue for this year!
You will get confirmation from the Admissions office about your class color worn for all 4 years of dental school. It should be Royal Blue. They will also provide the name and location of the local scrub shop where you can buy the approved brands/styles as well as get them embroidered.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What were your stats if you don’t mind sharing, because I’m still waiting for an interview !
3.5 overall GPA/ 3.4 science GPA
23AA 24TS
I already had my interview, and everyone at the school was very nice. Let me know if you guys have any questions.
I had an interview today at lecom, it wasn’t bad, but it was at the same time a bit nerve wrecking. I felt as though it was enough timeI am worried about the “group interview” style. In your opinion, was there enough time for them to really get to know you or did it seem rushed and superficial? Thanks in advance!
I am worried about the “group interview” style. In your opinion, was there enough time for them to really get to know you or did it seem rushed and superficial? Thanks in advance!
It is really up to you. My group had 6 people including me, and I think there was a plenty of time for everybody to talk. For two questions tho, the interviewers kinda moved on to the next topic without waiting for everybody to answer. I wanted to always go either the first or second so thankfully, I could answer all the questions. As long as you can be yourself (don't be too nervous!) and say what you prepared to say, you will be fine. Personally, I lucked out with my interviewers, they were very genuine and nice so they eased me into the interview.
greentealattte
Full Member
Nope! Mine went to from “under review” to “invited for interview” to “under review” to “offer made”Does your admission status change from reviewing to decision made when you get an interview?
Ddshopeful_lol
Full Member
Anyone from Feb 20/21 interview hear anything?
twinings97
Full Member
Has anyone gotten off the alternate list? I’m on 4 at this point and it’s frustrating!!!!
Has anyone gotten off the alternate list? I’m on 4 at this point and it’s frustrating!!!!
I know people have declined their admissions offer or given up their seat for their "first choice" dental school, so you may start seeing movement on the alternate list but interviews are still being conducted as well.
2020dental
New Member
I had interview on feb 20 and haven’t heard anything from the school yet . Hopefully next wkAnyone from Feb 20/21 interview hear anything?
Jasminedent
New Member
What does your LECOM portal Admissions status say? Mine still says, " Thank you for confirming your intent to attend" and I have interviewed already on feb 6th.
Since I haven't heard from them. Do you think it means rejection? should I start preparing for next cycle?
Since I haven't heard from them. Do you think it means rejection? should I start preparing for next cycle?
twinings97
Full Member
I interviewed the feb 20th and heard yesterday around noon I was offered an alternate position, I hope you hear something better!I had interview on feb 20 and haven’t heard anything from the school yet . Hopefully next wk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What does your LECOM portal Admissions status say? Mine still says, " Thank you for confirming your intent to attend" and I have interviewed already on feb 6th.
Since I haven't heard from them. Do you think it means rejection? should I start preparing for next cycle?
i’m in the same boat. talked to lecom recently and they said that no news is good news, but i am still prepping for the next cycle just in case.
Where and when is that? Did you get an email?Is anyone going to do the virtual interview that was offered today?
I was invited for an interview a month ago that was scheduled for Thursday. But today they sent me an email asking whether I would like to do a virtual interview due to corona virus lolWhere and when is that? Did you get an email?
I got that email today tooI was invited for an interview a month ago that was scheduled for Thursday. But today they sent me an email asking whether I would like to do a virtual interview due to corona virus lol
2020dental
New Member
Anyone got the decision this week ? It’s been 3 weeks for me . I start to lose hope. I’m thinking about applying to the MMS.
ghostteeth
New Member
I also interviewed feb 20th and haven’t heard anything yet. Trying to stay hopefulAnyone got the decision this week ? It’s been 3 weeks for me . I start to lose hope. I’m thinking about applying to the MMS.
MeShinyTeeth&Me
New Member
What laptops do you all recommend for lecom? I wanted to get a mac bc I'm already so used to apple products but I know lecom's IT does not support it
I would say 85% of my class uses MacBooks. Not a problem.What laptops do you all recommend for lecom? I wanted to get a mac bc I'm already so used to apple products but I know lecom's IT does not support it
MeShinyTeeth&Me
New Member
Awesome, thank you!I would say 85% of my class uses MacBooks. Not a problem.
Awesome, thank you!
Everything you'll need (Examsoft and VitalSource) will work on a Mac. ~80% of my class uses an Apple product (MacBook or iPad). I may have mentioned this earlier but just to reiterate, I would advise against a Microsoft Surface as they are just slightly too wide for the desks in the lecture hall. D1 year, someone in my class had theirs on the desk, it slid off, and shattered the entire screen.
The school and clinic use Windows-based products, which is why IT doesn't "support" Macs.
Wolfgang549
New Member
Do we have dates on Orientation and first day of classes yet?
Do we have dates on Orientation and first day of classes yet?
You will be notified via email on the exact dates for registration day (½ day) and orientation week. Keep in mind that for your first 6 days, you will be in business attire. Your first day in scrubs will be either your D1 Kit Distribution or CPR class (depending on if you're group A or B). You'll find out Group A and B on registration day.
Damn, shouldnt have burned all my ties after my last interview.You will be notified via email on the exact dates for registration day (½ day) and orientation week. Keep in mind that for your first 6 days, you will be in business attire. Your first day in scrubs will be either your D1 Kit Distribution or CPR class (depending on if you're group A or B). You'll find out Group A and B on registration day.
desperatefordental
Full Member
How did you find out what position you are on the alternate list?Has anyone gotten off the alternate list? I’m on 4 at this point and it’s frustrating!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How did you find out what position you are on the alternate list?
I'm not sure if LECOM has a ranked alternative list or just a general alternative "pool". I also I haven't ever heard anyone mentioning what position they were on the alternate list. You could email admissions to see but I don't know if you'll get a response to that question.
D
deleted925864
I wonder if corona is pushing back their timelines. I was hoping to hear back later this week or early next week, but now I'm not particularly hopeful.
How's lecom handling classes and clinic? Nova is still running their clinic.
When did you apply and interview?I wonder if corona is pushing back their timelines. I was hoping to hear back later this week or early next week, but now I'm not particularly hopeful.
When did you interview?Accepted today 1pm EST
D
deleted925864
When did you apply and interview?
Applied in August, interviewed March 5th.
How's lecom handling classes and clinic? Nova is still running their clinic.
i have friends at lecom that said they moved everything online as of monday. pretty sure theres no clinic because theres no students but not 100% sure.
Jasminedent
New Member
Does anyone know if the Class is filled? are they still accepting ? interviewing ?
D
deleted925864
I believe they have interview dates still on the 19th and 26th as those were options when I got my invite. I'm assuming they're all going to be video interviews. When I interviewed on the 5th they said there were still spots open, but I don't think they gave a specific number.
D
deleted925864
I sent a Letter of Intent a few days ago but didn't receive a response. Did anyone who sent a letter get an email saying they received it or anything like that?
No. I never received any response for LoI or Thank You letters.I sent a Letter of Intent a few days ago but didn't receive a response. Did anyone who sent a letter get an email saying they received it or anything like that?
I’m even more concerned that I didn’t get thisI just receive email today my application is still under review, and I havent got invitation to interview or email asking me submit application fee for the school yet. What this even mean?
I believe they have interview dates still on the 19th and 26th as those were options when I got my invite. I'm assuming they're all going to be video interviews. When I interviewed on the 5th they said there were still spots open, but I don't think they gave a specific number.
All interviews moving forward (starting with tomorrow's) will be online only. I do not know if this means they will be one-on-one or group interviews. You most likely will not get a tour of the facility during your interview, so if you have any questions regarding that, ask away.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when did you apply? and when did they asked you to submit appication fee?I believe they have interview dates still on the 19th and 26th as those were options when I got my invite. I'm assuming they're all going to be video interviews. When I interviewed on the 5th they said there were still spots open, but I don't think they gave a specific number.
D
deleted925864
when did you apply? and when did they asked you to submit appication fee?
August, and I have no clue. Probably also in August.
D
deleted925864
Anyone hear back today?
franfrenchfry
Full Member
Anybody that interviewed on feb 27 hear back?
Nhernandez
New Member
I have not heard anything yetAnybody that interviewed on feb 27 hear back?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K