*** The Official LECOM Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Started by Stanelz
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if they do a lot of post December interviews? My application has been complete since September 1st and I haven’t heard back.
 
Hey Pearl, any idea what percentage of people get off of the waitlist at LECOM?
I don’t have a percentage for you, but if I had to guess I’d say you still have a decent shot. They don’t put people on the waitlist just because. Those on the waitlist are still perfectly good candidates. Hang in there!
 
Yes usually a lot of post-Dec interviews. Be sure to email in your updates! Let them know you are still interested!
Okay, I wasn’t sure if I should do this because last time I sent an email I didn’t get a response at all. Thanks for getting back to me! I will go ahead and do so.
 
You may not get a response to your update either, but the message will be received. Good luck!

To add to this ⬆️
Personally, the only time I received an email was when my application was missing something. All other emails were not responded to but I know they were read because my application was updated.

Keep in mind that you're one of thousands of people applying to LECOM this cycle. Simply replying to everyone's emails and phone calls would be a job in itself. Shannon reads everything that is sent to her.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To add to this ⬆️
Personally, the only time I received an email was when my application was missing something. All other emails were not responded to but I know they were read because my application was updated.

Keep in mind that you're one of thousands of people applying to LECOM this cycle. Simply replying to everyone's emails and phone calls would be a job in itself. Shannon reads everything that is sent to her.


That makes sense. Thanks so much for the information. 🙂
 
Does anybody know if there is a facebook page yet? Let's get this party started :clap:

Rather excited to get out of the cold and into the warm.
My LECOM portal says they have NOT made a decision on my application yet. I interviewed back in August. When should I send a letter of intent?
 
For current students, about how long did it take to get your admissions packet in the mail after acceptance?
 
For current students, about how long did it take to get your admissions packet in the mail after acceptance?
All the information will be emailed. So, make sure you have access to the email account that you used initially. First you will receive instructions on how to do the background check. I received the packet at the end of January and I was accepted on Dec 3. I'm sure it will be different for those who are accepted during rolling admissions in the spring - faster response time.

*Edited to add that I did receive an official letter of acceptance in the mail with information on submitting my deposit.
 
All the information will be emailed. So, make sure you have access to the email account that you used initially. First you will receive instructions on how to do the background check. I received the packet at the end of January and I was accepted on Dec 3. I'm sure it will be different for those who are accepted during rolling admissions in the spring - faster response time.
Oh ok! So I guess I’ll be on the lookout for an email then. Idk why I was under the impression it was a mailed packet. Thanks!
 
Oh ok! So I guess I’ll be on the lookout for an email then. Idk why I was under the impression it was a mailed packet. Thanks!
Not sure if you saw my edit, but they did mail a few pages as well. The matriculation packet with all the juicy stuff is emailed at a later date. Definitely keep an eye on your email though. Lots of information there that is required for matriculation. If you have any other questions, let me know.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many acceptances they sent out yesterday?

This has already been answered: No one knows exactly how many admissions offers were sent out on Monday but usually schools send out more offers than seats because they know people will turn down their offers for another school.


Please make sure you're reading the previous posts before asking the same questions. I don't expect you go back and read the entire 400+ post thread, but going back a page or two won't take that much time. Thank you!
 
How competitive is LECOM? On average, what GPA would be considered top 1/3 of the class?

Each class has their own dynamic that's going to affect how competitive the class is as a whole. I can't speak for the C/O 2023, but for my class, we're all pretty good with helping each other out. We know dental school is tough so why make it harder when the vast majority of us are sticking with general dentistry. There's always going to be a couple of gunners in your class that are set on specializing and they make it pretty obvious they want to specialize.

As far as GPA goes and class rank, the only people who are going to know that information are you and the registrar. GPAs are mailed to you a month after the semester ends (May and December). You can also fill out a form a month after the end of the semester, and the registrar emails you later that day with your class rank out of 105. If you don't care about knowing your class rank, then you don't fill out the form and you'll never know your class rank.

So for ranking, let's say 5 people have a 4.00 GPA, 1 person has a 3.99, and so forth. The five 4.00 people would share the rank position of #1 BUT the person with the 3.99 GPA would now be ranked #6.

1. John (4.00)
1. Jane (4.00)
1. Joey (4.00)
1. Jake (4.00)
1. Jenny (4.00)
6. Bob (3.99)
7. Norman (3.98)
7. Zack (3.98)
9. Peter (3.97)

No one is "technically" ranked positions 2, 3, 4, or 5 because there are 5 people holding the #1 position. Therefore the next person with the next GPA would be ranked #6 in the class.

If you apply to residency, and LECOM has told you that your rank is position #1 you put down #1. There's no way for you or the residency program to know how many people are (or if there are other) people holding that same rank position.
 
Last edited:

IMG_2147.JPG


Was on Waitlist last cycle. Only reason I’m asking/ Getting more opinion.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, I applied at the very beginning.
Still no interview but still no rejection. It just says received/under review.
Is anyone in the same situation as me? Should I be discourage since it is after Dec. 2nd?
Thanks!