*** The Official Nova Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my interviewed rescheduled from Dec 2 to Nov 17! Anyone else interviewing that day?
I wouldn't mind pushing mine forward, do you just click the link in the original interview email?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone who's interviewed, does your portal still say invited for interview?

Anyone who's interviewed, does your portal still say invited for interview?

Yes. I got an interview back in July and it had said "invited for interview" at that time. Around September, they updated my status to say 9/01 rather than the July date but it still stayed as "invited for interview" and hasn't changed since

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. I got an interview back in July and it had said "invited for interview" at that time. Around September, they updated my status to say 9/01 rather than the July date but it still stayed as "invited for interview" and hasn't changed since
Mine says 9/01 as well

Mine says 9/01 as well

What's the date of your interview? My date changed like 5 days after my interview. This might mean they made a decision on your application.

Reactions: 1 users
mine changed its date to 9/1 before I even interviewed lol and still says "under review" (Interviewed October 13)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
What's the date of your interview? My date changed like 5 days after my interview. This might mean they made a decision on your application.
Same...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile

I interviewed late September. It changed from 7/27 "Invited for Interview" to 9/1 "Invited for Interview" before my interview even happened and hasn't changed ever since. Weird.

I interviewed on oct 21st

Hey guys--I don't know if this helps anyone, but I checked the interview portal this morning, and a bunch of dates opened up in mid November and early December! I just changed mine from Dec 8th to Nov 17th! Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if/how often more dates open up? I was looking at early December dates yesterday and tried to book but the system didn't work. Checked again today and the earliest time was now January 6th...

Edit: Ended up refreshing the page until an earlier spot opened up. See some of you Dec 8th!

Last edited:
So on December 1st, everyone gets an email with either an acceptance, rejection, or waitlist right? Waitlisted on December 1st just means you were not accepted on the first wave?

So on December 1st, everyone gets an email with either an acceptance, rejection, or waitlist right? Waitlisted on December 1st just means you were not accepted on the first wave?

Some schools won't even send out rejections until May

Idk if this is a serious question or not, but nothing you stated is correct. You may not ever hear back for a rejection/acceptance until the end/near end of the cycle. If you're waitlisted on December first you definitely have a chance to get rejected, remain on the waitlist or get accepted at a later point.. as more spots open.

Anyone want to "swap" a December or early January interview date at Nova with one this Thursday? I have one this Thursday but can't make it. Last I checked the only dates available to switch to were in late January but I want early January or pretty much anytime in December. PM if interested for more info.

really looking forward to hearing back from Nova! But I've been emailing with updates (to multiple email Nova admissions addresses) and haven't gotten a reply from a single one of them, at any time. has anyone else had this experience (in terms of not receiving responses to emails)? also would it hurt my app that i emailed multiple email addresses?

Idk if this is a serious question or not, but nothing you stated is correct. You may not ever hear back for a rejection/acceptance until the end/near end of the cycle. If you're waitlisted on December first you definitely have a chance to get rejected, remain on the waitlist or get accepted at a later point.. as more spots open.

I didn't state anything? I'm asking if that was correct or not because that's what my interviewer said? tf?

I didn't state anything? I'm asking if that was correct or not because that's what my interviewer said? tf?
Okay relax lmao. That's pretty hard to believe an interviewer would use extreme words like "everyone" will get an acceptance/rejection December 1st. And whatever else you mentioned. But if you say they did, then okayy. You should focus on the fact that I actually gave a legit and insightful answer to your concerns and stop focusing on the fact that I said you "stated" something. You asked a question and I asked idk if you're serious because so many school websites explicitly say that if you don't hear back on December 1st you haven't necessarily been rejected.

Anyone want to "swap" a December or early January interview date at Nova with one this Thursday? I have one this Thursday but can't make it. Last I checked the only dates available to switch to were in late January but I want early January or pretty much anytime in December. PM if interested for more info.
I'd be down! Let me shoot you a PM

Did any of you that interviewed stay at hotels that had complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport and the dental school? Trying to cut travel costs lol

Did any of you that interviewed stay at hotels that had complimentary shuttle service to/from the airport and the dental school? Trying to cut travel costs lol

$60 Airbnb 2 mi from nova and took Uber for 7$

Hey everyone! Wishing you all the best of luck in your journeys to becoming a dentist! I'm a D1 at NSU and I could not be happier with my decision to come here. I was accepted to many schools, and some ivy leagues, but I can say that at Nova I am probably happier than anywhere I could've chosen. Money is a factor, BUT it is not everything. Choose whatever school fits you best and best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 9 users
Does anybody have any insight on how they choose to admit students? I'm asking because I feel like it's really hard for people to not have had a good interview due to how relaxed it is.

Does anybody have any insight on how they choose to admit students? I'm asking because I feel like it's really hard for people to not have had a good interview due to how relaxed it is.

NOVA had a very unique culture over there and I'd imagine they only choose people who they think will fit into that culture they have.

Reactions: 2 users
NOVA had a very unique culture over there and I'd imagine they only choose people who they think will fit into that culture they have.

If you can hold a convo and fit into the culture then they say "the interview went well ️" once you pass this step they all vote at the end on who get in based on numbers after that. I was told this by my interviewer, personally.

At the end it's based on numbers for nova..which is why it's open file.

I interviewed here fairly early in the cycle and while I thought my interview was pretty good it was very conversational and somewhat short. However it ended with my interviewer saying "You should expect to hear back December 1'st." did anyone else hear something like this, or is that actually a good sign?

I interviewed here fairly early in the cycle and while I thought my interview was pretty good it was very conversational and somewhat short. However it ended with my interviewer saying "You should expect to hear back December 1'st." did anyone else hear something like this, or is that actually a good sign?

Probably something they say to everyone. I was told something very similar.

Hey everyone! Wishing you all the best of luck in your journeys to becoming a dentist! I'm a D1 at NSU and I could not be happier with my decision to come here. I was accepted to many schools, and some ivy leagues, but I can say that at Nova I am probably happier than anywhere I could've chosen. Money is a factor, BUT it is not everything. Choose whatever school fits you best and best of luck to you all!
Hey, would you be able to explain what made you choose NOVA over potentially cheaper and/or more esteemed schools? Thanks!

Hey guys, for those of you who have interviews do you mind sharing GPA/DAT stats?

If anyone would like to know, I interviewed at nova last Thursday and it was the most laid back interview ever. Dr. Lippmann was my interviewer and he's extremely nice and just wants to get to know you. Apparently there was one interviewer, an older short haired lady who gave a pretty serious interview and asked one of the interviewees to check out the new clinic and email her some feedback on it. I stopped by twin peaks (only bar I knew there) later that night and actually met a lot of the dental students (they had some event going on) and they all love it in Florida. They also just renovated the sim lab and its a lot nicer than it used to be.

I was told by my interviewer that I "should receive multiple offers" and that I just need to pick the school that best fits me. I was pleasantly surprised by this, but I also figured he said that to many of the interviewees (I was interviewed the very first date in August)

Anyone who has already had an interview mind sharing what kinds of questions or discussions you had?

Anyone who has already had an interview mind sharing what kinds of questions or discussions you had?

I sat down with my interviewer and they basically just said tell me about yourself. It was very laid back and conversational.

First question I had was "All of these applicants are great people, what makes you unique to where we should choose you?"

anyone has AADSAS status changed to check back Dec 1?

There is speculation that status change from "invited to interview" to "check back dec 1" starting Nov 26...might mean you are accepted. But if it changes closer to dec 1 date like the day before then that means something else. But it is speculation ONLY. Lol.

So is there anyone whose status changed to check back dec 1 already?

Last edited:
There is speculation that status change from "invited to interview" to "check back dec 1" starting dec 26...might mean you are accepted. But if it changes closer to dec 1 date like the day before then that means something else. But it is speculation ONLY. Lol.

So is there anyone whose status changed to check back dec 1 already?

You mean starting November 26?

Status
Not open for further replies.