*** The Official Nova Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just called them since I haven't heard anything from them and pretty much it seems like if you didn't get a call you have to wait probably till tomorrow to find out what your status is.

so they implied there will be emails going out tomorrow?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted! Looking forward to meeting all the D1s next year! From now until August, relax, vacation, and live life. Choosing NSU dental is a decision you won't regret. Happy Holidays!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
And if you haven't done so already, check out our mannequin challenge :D we obliterated every other school hands down

Reactions: 5 users
For those of you that got ACCEPTED, can you post your stats and if you're in state or out of state?

oGPA/sGPA : 3.3/3.5

DAT: 21AA 22TS

California resident

Interview November 16

Called yesterday 10:50am EST

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Waitlisted, and apparently last year Nova classified some people as "high hold" waitlist.
Has anyone got that "high hold"?

Reactions: 1 user
wait listed here. In the past forums I've seen the term "high hold" but that was not in my letter. Does anyone's wait list email say high hold?

Waitlisted as well.

Anyone familiar with how much movement there is for people waitlisted at Nova?

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like a lot of seats open up because not that many people wanna go far and it's an expersive school. So we'll see what happens.

Just out of curiosity, which person sent you all the waitlist email?

There was a speculation on the last year's thread that there was not a lot of movement among people who got waitlisted. Hope this is not true.

Waitlisted, doesn't mention anything about "high hold", has anyone received that? I'm wondering if there is any sort of ranking to the waitlist and if they choose from pre-Dec interviews first as seats become available?

Got a wait list email as well, didn't say anything about high hold either

Is anyone still receiving acceptance calls, or just getting wait-listed?

Hey guys just spoke to admissions @ NSU, there is no high hold this cycle

Where did you guys see the "wait list" status? Mine says invited for interview still. No calls.

Did they explain how the waitlist works?
And did they explain if waitlisted candidates will get priority in the next wave of acceptances?
What I was told was that there was no high hold this cycle and all applicants who are waitlisted would be advised of an official acceptance by mail if a spot does open up. As for the priority, I was not explicitly told anything but it is from my understanding that the Post december interviewers are considered before us and then after those acceptances are given out, the applicants on the original waitlist are considered.

Now this is my opinion: there won't be much movement at all till after January, but after January/February I am actually quite optimistic that there may be movement. Although I do not consider it to be a back up school, I know many people who do and they are ready to take their offers at UF, UCLA, etc. As a matter of fact, every person I know that was accepted to Nova will not be taking the offer.

Although I'm probably as bummed as every one else, nearly every dental professional I know was actually accepted from a wait list. I would just say to everyone in the same boat to keep your head up, take a breath, and enjoy the winter break.

Reactions: 7 users
Well said! Good luck everyone!

It says all acceptances have been given out for dec 1 already in the email so they have put ppl on a waitlist. Did not everyone get this??

Although I do not consider it to be a back up school, I know many people who do and they are ready to take their offers at UF, UCLA, etc. As a matter of fact, every person I know that was accepted to Nova will not be taking the offer.
I am actually surprised that I got waitlisted at Nova. I don't want to sound cocky so please don't get me wrong, but my stats are significantly above the accepted range for this school. My interviewer did not ask me a single question during the interview, he basically just complimented me on my stats as well as my personal statement. He said he was sure I would be accepted by many schools, and he hoped that I would choose Nova because he would love to have me as his student. So I am wondering if they waitlist me just because they don't think I'll end up choosing them?

Reactions: 2 users
I am actually surprised that I got waitlisted at Nova. I don't want to sound cocky so please don't get me wrong, but my stats are significantly above the accepted range for this school. My interviewer did not ask me a single question during the interview, he basically just complimented me on my stats as well as my personal statement. He said he was sure I would be accepted by many schools, and he hoped that I would choose Nova because he would love to have me as his student. So I am wondering if they waitlist me just because they don't think I'll end up choosing them?
I kinda was thinking the same thing. During my interview we just talked about Hawaii and he said similar things to what your interviewer said. I must've smelt bad or something hahah

I kinda was thinking the same thing. During my interview we just talked about Hawaii and he said similar things to what your interviewer said. I must've smelt bad or something hahah
How'd a hot shot like you get waitlisted at Nova?

Where'd your status say Rejected? I don't understand. Everyone is getting changes in their statuses and mine still says 'Invited for an Interview'.

Ppl are receiving status emails that they are waitlisted, everyone's aadsas still says invited for interview.

I haven't received a waitlist e-mail or a rejection; interviewed in September.

EDIT: status changed to rejected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.