*** The Official Nova Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rejection from Nova via AADSAS

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Nova one of your top choices?

Btw congrats on your SIU acceptance!
Thank you! And no it's not. Primarily bc of the cost and how far away it is from where I live. I live a little over an hour from siu and I live almost 22 hours from nova.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS and giving up my seat-- hope one of you get it!!

Reactions: 3 users
For accepted applicants - will they be sending the admissions package via mail? Dec 1 is a blur.

I received my letter yesterday, so everyone's should arrive soon as well :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone happen to know how long the wait list is? Or how many applicants typically get off of it and get an actual acceptance?

so you didn't hear back at all on 12/1, but you heard back today? congrats! :) were you initially waitlisted?
I interviewed on December 2nd. However I can assure you not to worry if you were waitlisted and are awaiting a response. It was announced (on my interview day) that acceptances for Post december / Waitlist interviews would come in on Janurary 1-4, whenever Dr. Lippman returns from his well needed vacation ;)

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed on December 2nd. However I can assure you not to worry if you were waitlisted and are awaiting a response. It was announced (on my interview day) that acceptances for Post december / Waitlist interviews would come in on Janurary 1-4, whenever Dr. Lippman returns from his well needed vacation ;)

thank you for letting me know, that takes a little bit of the worry off my mind! :)

Has anyone received their acceptance package in the mail? I have a couple semi-urgent questions about prerequisites and mine hasn't arrived yet! :(

Hey guys! I turned down a January interview since I've received a couple of acceptances. I hope that another hopeful applicant gets chosen soon for it!

Reactions: 1 users
I got the acceptance letter in the mail, but it basically just tells you to login to Webstar to see your prereqs, so try that for now @sixkid :)

I got the acceptance letter in the mail, but it basically just tells you to login to Webstar to see your prereqs, so try that for now @sixkid :)
Thanks!! Just did :) I cant seem to find this anywhere, but is there someone I should contact regarding any issues?

anyone knows how many spots are left ??? just check the acceptance facebook and see only 9 members

Anyone know where I can find how much tuition and rent is for the 4 years?

Rent depends on where you live but I added up a total of about $447,000 including everything except interest. Living in a townhouse for $1,650 a month

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Little ole me is a little late to the game, but any further advice on interviewing? Why Nova?

I have an interview in a couple days. I read the previous posts about the relaxed interviews and how they see if you'd fit into the environment. I want to do well on my interview because I'm pretty serious on attending here. It's a place I see myself in the future, and mom and pop are most likely moving there in a couple years (reminds them of our motherland lol).

Thanks!! Just did :) I cant seem to find this anywhere, but is there someone I should contact regarding any issues?
Hey! I'm from Toronto as well and I hadn't received the letter. I called Su Ann Zarrett (You can easily look up her info). She said Toronto might take a while and she scanned my letter and sent it by email

Rent depends on where you live but I added up a total of about $447,000 including everything except interest. Living in a townhouse for $1,650 a month

Do you mind sharing the breakdown for the tuition?

Does anyone know if Nova offers scholarships based on academic merit?

Do you mind sharing the breakdown for the tuition?

This is all four years,

HPD access fee: $560
Student services: $4,200
Equipment: $42,900
Tuition: $273,400
No book all PDF/PowerPoint

Total: $321,060

Living: ~$120,000

Total: $440,000

This is all four years,

HPD access fee: $560
Student services: $4,200
Equipment: $42,900
Tuition: $273,400
No book all PDF/PowerPoint

Total: $321,060

Living: ~$120,000

Total: $440,000

Is equipment and books being 43k an overstatement, or are we really going to be spending 12-18k per year on instruments? This is the most ive ever seen for any school I have applied to so far. For what it's worth, I can count the number of books I have rented from Nova (I go to undergrad) and actually needed for class on one hand

Is equipment and books being 43k an overstatement, or are we really going to be spending 12-18k per year on instruments? This is the most ive ever seen for any school I have applied to so far. For what it's worth, I can count the number of books I have rented from Nova (I go to undergrad) and actually needed for class on one hand

In the booklet they gave us it's like.. 15k the first year 12k the second then 9k and 6k I don't have it in front of my

also the students giving us the tour says that all the textbooks are on pdf

whats the chance of moving off the waitlist?

Reactions: 1 users
Should I even both taking my january 11th interview? Do they do rolling admissions? I might save the money.

For the ones who are accepted, did you receive an email about doing a background check through adea facilitated website? Do you know if it is required for Nova? Because Nova isn't listed under the schools that participate in it so just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

For the ones who are accepted, did you receive an email about doing a background check through adea facilitated website? Do you know if it is required for Nova? Because Nova isn't listed under the schools that participate in it so just wanted to make sure. Thanks!

Have you called the school about this? As far as I know this was not one of the listed requirements to-dos besides sending in the official transcripts and paying the deposits

Nova does their background check via Castlebranch.com
At least that was how it was for us 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys I'm new here. Been reading through the thread and wanted to join and say I'm one of those people who got an interview for January 4th. I thought I read somewhere that there's only 9 spots left in the class? Correct a brother if I'm wrong on that. Any pointers or things to note before the interview? Thanks in advance for any guidance!

Hey guys I'm new here. Been reading through the thread and wanted to join and say I'm one of those people who got an interview for January 4th. I thought I read somewhere that there's only 9 spots left in the class? Correct a brother if I'm wrong on that. Any pointers or things to note before the interview? Thanks in advance for any guidance!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/226998807737950/

Well nobody knows yet because it's not like everyone who gets accepted will go to nova.

Just rejected my acceptance! Good luck everyone!

good luck to everyone who is hoping for that acceptance call tomorrow!! :D *fingers crossed* my phone will be attached to me all day! & did anyone else send in a letter of intent?

Status
Not open for further replies.