2018 *** The Official Nova Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, Nova offered me a scholarship, so it is a possibility. Please don't make judgements. I just made a joke, without evil intent whatsoever.

Nice! What was the scholarship?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a letter with a few forms. I have given up my spot and hope someone else is lucky enough to get the spot!!

Hey, so just to clarify, was this the mail that came separately AFTER the acceptance letter, or are you referring to the acceptance letter along with the sheet that explains how to submit the deposit? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, so just to clarify, was this the mail that came separately AFTER the acceptance letter, or are you referring to the acceptance letter along with the sheet that explains how to submit the deposit? Thanks

The deposit letter with acceptance.

Did any paperwork come in regarding immunization shots and things like that? I don't think I received any with the acceptance letter.

Reactions: 1 user
Actually, Nova offered me a scholarship, so it is a possibility. Please don't make judgements. I just made a joke, without evil intent whatsoever.
When were you notified about the scholarship?

Does anyone know the format of the interview? My gf has an interview here.

I'm gonna rescind my acceptance tomorrow, good luck to those on the waitlist. Hope you get my spot!
Got into my state school, so I'll be doing this as well. How did you go about letting them know? Phone or email?

Hey everyone, I was waitlisted Friday, and today I’m getting a letter in the mail from them today (I checked online). Has anyone gotten a waitlist letter? Or should I fear this may be a rejection?

i got a waitlist letter

I got a rejection a while back, but my AADSAS status for this school says under review. Did they stop using the portal or is it possible to be looked at again?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a rejection a while back, but my AADSAS status for this school says under review. Did they stop using the portal or is it possible to be looked at again?

did your portal ever say "application denied" ?

If it never changed in between assume you are still rejected.

Does anyone know when the first deposit is due for those that were accepted?/When the waitlist will have movement?

Does anyone know when the first deposit is due for those that were accepted?/When the waitlist will have movement?

They have 30 days .. so after Jan 1st.. things should get rolling

Really enjoyed this school but will be declining my acceptance this week, best of luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

Last edited:
I sent the acceptance fee of $1,000 online via secure touchnet. Is there anything else I have to do before the Jan 1 deadline?

Declined my seat in this class! Wish you all the best of luck! Happy New Year!

Reactions: 1 users
I got a phone call from NOVA at noon that they accepted me so I will be going there!
My GPA is 3.8 and my DAT was average @ 20 and PAT 24.
My aunt lives in Ft Lauderdale , I study in Texas and am Canadian.

I got a phone call from NOVA at noon that they accepted me so I will be going there!
My GPA is 3.8 and my DAT was average @ 20 and PAT 24.
My aunt lives in Ft Lauderdale , I study in Texas and am Canadian.
Congrats! Off the waitlist?

Does anyone know if the acceptance calls will continue into tomorrow? Does it generally take them two days to go through the list?

got the acceptance call today! does anyone know when school starts? couldn't find a calendar online

got the acceptance call today! does anyone know when school starts? couldn't find a calendar online

This year 1st day of school was August 1st, one week of orientation and white coat ceremony. So this is an early start!

I've heard otherwise from friends who are also students at Nova. They said that they don't have any issues getting patients and that they feel 100% confident practicing when they graduate (both are D4).

I like your comment re patients!
I actually started to research this myself & contacted few students that just graduated via LinkedIn : they liked NOVA and they passed their final exams with no problems, they also liked teaching staff- very helpful and supportive I was told. these graduates told me that NOVA is very progressive in training dental students, have new facilities and new technology etc. I am very confident in their program now.
Since it is private it is expensive so this was one negative comment.

So we need to arrive at 11:45 Eastern time on the day of our interview at the terry admissions building correct? Just have to make arrangements for my shuttle

Did any paperwork come in regarding immunization shots and things like that? I don't think I received any with the acceptance letter.

How long does it take for NOVA to send you an acceptance package? do you also received email right away?
how long after the phone call your ADEA application status chages?

How long does it take for NOVA to send you an acceptance package? do you also received email right away?
how long after the phone call your ADEA application status chages?

dam bro, chill. u got in, its all good from here

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know when the next "package" with additional documents to fill out (immunization forms, housing forms, etc.) will come in the mail. I know it is early, but I just wanted to know an estimate.

I like your comment re patients!
I actually started to research this myself & contacted few students that just graduated via LinkedIn : they liked NOVA and they passed their final exams with no problems, they also liked teaching staff- very helpful and supportive I was told. these graduates told me that NOVA is very progressive in training dental students, have new facilities and new technology etc. I am very confident in their program now.
Since it is private it is expensive so this was one negative comment.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.