2018 *** The Official Nova Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
did you call them to show interest?
i didn't call them. but i did email a couple of times to reiterate my interest, also to show what I've been doing since the interview. (volunteering, got my RDA license, shadowing..)

Reactions: 1 users
i didn't call them. but i did email a couple of times to reiterate my interest, also to show what I've been doing since the interview. (volunteering, got my RDA license, shadowing..)
Who did you email? Just Dr. Lippman? Sorry for all the questions lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Who did you email? Just Dr. Lippman? Sorry for all the questions lol

During my interview we were told not to email them since they get hundreds emails and calls and this is overloading them.
However they said update your summer/fall courses' grades asap so your GPA can be recalculated and if its higher it is to your benefit-let them know, also if you retook DAT and got higher score let them know before its verified.
Basically everyone is interested , everyone does volunteering and shadowing and has good references so higher GPA and DAT ( these 2 are major components of your score) can move your application up if you are waiting for a decision.

Reactions: 1 user
During my interview we were told not to email them since they get hundreds emails and calls and this is overloading them.
However they said update your summer/fall courses' grades asap so your GPA can be recalculated and if its higher it is to your benefit-let them know, also if you retook DAT and got higher score let them know before its verified.
Basically everyone is interested , everyone does volunteering and shadowing and has good references so higher GPA and DAT ( these 2 are major components of your score) can move your application up if you are waiting for a decision.
During interview I was told the same

Lol thing is, no one ever picks up calls or emails back from that school....

Received acceptance letter today via e-mail.

Cancelled my interview today, goodluck everyone.

Hey guys, I got waitlisted today has anybody got accepted off the waitlist, and I am really bumped out. Just wondering what should I do?

Hey guys, I got waitlisted today has anybody got accepted off the waitlist, and I am really bumped out. Just wondering what should I do?

Wait , all dental schools accept from wait lists until 1st day of school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah but what if all the spots are filled up
Nova accepts until June foresure. Many people get accepted off the waitlist at Nova. I would try to just wait it out. I know it sucks, but keep telling Nova how much you want to be in their school and I am sure you will get in.

Nova accepts until June foresure. Many people get accepted off the waitlist at Nova. I would try to just wait it out. I know it sucks, but keep telling Nova how much you want to be in their school and I am sure you will get in.

The process must be fair to every applicant and honest . Everyone is rated and you r accepted based on how many points you have and not by begging them which is not professional. Your GPA and your DAT are major contributors to your score so best do good in your courses and update your GPA. If your GPA is getting higher you will go up on the wait list.

The process must be fair to every applicant and honest . Everyone is rated and you r accepted based on how many points you have and not by begging them which is not professional. Your GPA and your DAT are major contributors to your score so best do good in your courses and update your GPA. If your GPA is getting higher you will go up on the wait list.
That is true for some but not all schools. Stats do mean something, but I am thinking from the perspective of an adcom, and I am pretty sure that adcoms want students who want to come to their schools, therefore, if I have two students and they have similar apps and one keeps showing interest, I would accept the student that has showed that interest. I personally know someone that did this for NYU last cycle and got accepted. Again, not all schools have a rating system, especially a school like Nova which is focused on having an amazing environment. They value interpersonal skills etc. No one is begging, they are showing that they want it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
That is true for some but not all schools. Stats do mean something, but I am thinking from the perspective of an adcom, and I am pretty sure that adcoms want students who want to come to their schools, therefore, if I have two students and they have similar apps and one keeps showing interest, I would accept the student that has showed that interest. I personally know someone that did this for NYU last cycle and got accepted. Again, not all schools have a rating system, especially a school like Nova which is focused on having an amazing environment. They value interpersonal skills etc. No one is begging, they are showing that they want it.
I agree with you which ways should I go about showing interest without annoying them

I agree with you which ways should I go about showing interest without annoying them

I asked NOVA during my interview and I was told that the science component of GPA counts for close to 50% .
Also I know a dentist that was specializing at NYU 4 years ago and she said that NYU system focuses on DAT more so they rate something like this: DAT 40%, GPA 30%, research post, graduate degree 20% and some other things: then you are invited to an interview and the ratio chages again for the interviewed people where 40% is the interview component. THey like students that have masters or PhD.
U Michigan has a different ratio for requirements pre interview and post interview, for post interview a high % is your MMI component.
Every school has a different system and they change it every few years but overall you GPA and DAT count the most.

And Yes NOVA is good> I asked at least 6 NOVA dental students if they like their program and all said it is great and they have newest teaching technology and the graduates are very valued as their knowledge and skills are really good.

Has anyone received an actual admissions packet past just the admissions letter?

Has anyone received an actual admissions packet past just the admissions letter?
I received an offer letter and a payment information notice. Once you pay all installments you will get more info, so far I paid first installment of $1000.

Anyone heard anything from the wait list recently?

i have an interview scheduled but want to cancel it because I do not want to attend anymore. How do i go about doing this?

Will anyone accepted at NOVA be looking for a roommate? Like a quiet female and want something reasonable$ but close/ walking distance to dental school, don't mind 2 or 3 roommates.

If you decided on NOVA then:
First day of school: July 31st 2018 , this is orientation day/week
Information regarding registration for classes will be sent via the class list serv July 1st, 2018.
Register for Fall 2018 classes (July 1 –July 31st)
Once you register they will send you what to buy, like white lab coat and green scrubs, etc

Last edited:
If you decided on NOVA then:
First day of school: August 1st 2018 , this is orientation day/week
Information regarding registration for classes will be sent via the class list serv July 1st, 2018.
Register for Fall 2018 classes (July 1 –July 31st)
Once you register they will send you what to buy, like white lab coat and green scrubs, etc

Any Canadians accepted by NOVA ? or just me (from Toronto)
Let me know if you r Canadian and planning on attending NOVA

Has anyone heard from Nova this week?
If you are on the NOVA waitlist then note that due dates for deposit were Jan 2, Feb 2 and March 15. so new offers are made usually after that because they will know who is not going to attend and how many new spots open up. So next acceptance calls will most likely happen after Feb2.

Reactions: 7 users
If you are on the NOVA waitlist then note that due dates for deposit were Jan 2, Feb 2 and March 15. so new offers are made usually after that because they will know who is not going to attend and how many new spots open up. So next acceptance calls will most likely happen after Feb2.

What deposit is due Feb. 2?? I thought one deposit was due Jan. 1 and the other Mar 1...?

Hey guys got a question. Anyone here had an interview January 5th and hear anything back yet?

gotta love when nova rejects you months ago and sets AADSAS to "application denied," and then switches you to "under review" spontaneously today....

There is always HOPE
same happened to someone from UBuffalo

There is always HOPE
Hahaha I highly doubt that's my case, but I'm not sure how I would respond if they did offer me an interview after rejecting me.

There is always HOPE

Loma Linda did same to me, invited for interview on Jan 4 after a rejection, but I already got accepted at NOVA so replied no thanks..

Hi, guys.
I had an interview on Jan 10th. I was wondering when I possibly hear back from the school. I am eagerly waiting for the call..
Is there anyone in the same boat with me?

Hi, guys.
I had an interview on Jan 10th. I was wondering when I possibly hear back from the school. I am eagerly waiting for the call..
Is there anyone in the same boat with me?
At my interview, they had said you should hear back by the end of January. If not, give them a call in early February.

I was waitlisted Dec 1, now my portal says application denied. That happen to anyone else?

I was waitlisted Dec 1, now my portal says application denied. That happen to anyone else?
Oh no! So sorry :( I was also waitlisted on December 1st, but mine still says wait list....

Same thing happened to me. I called them and they said they made a mistake and changed it back to waitlist again.

Any news from the school, guys?

nope. still waiting to hear back after being waitlisted on dec 1st. I think our next bet is in march, that is what dr. Lippmann told me. He said any changes from waitlist will most likely be made in march, because they want to give the post dec interviewers a fair chance for a spot. Good luck!! hopefully I will get that acceptance since Nova is my top choice. fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.