You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018 *** The Official Nova Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***
Started by sake
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
December 1stDoes anyone know when Nova starts sending out their decisions to the first batch of interviews?
Thank you so much! Kinda relieve haha. I just went to UDM and they got bunch of questions on the paper to ask, which scared me a bit.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My interviewer told me after my interview that I will hear back from them on Dec 1st.Anyone knows when the decision will come out? Last year it was on Dec 1. But in the past it was right after Thanksgiving.
Just got my first interview here! Dates available are Nov 30, Dec 6, 7, and 8. Dec 8 works the best for me because I don't have a class that day... But should I schedule Nov 30 just so that I have a slim chance on receiving Dec 1 acceptance? If I schedule Dec 8 do I still have a good chance on getting accepted?
Thank you. Are they gonna call or send us emails?My interviewer told me after my interview that I will hear back from them on Dec 1st.
My interviewer told me after my interview that I will hear back from them on Dec 1st.
Which one did you interview with?
In terms of finding an earlier interview date. When you go to the portal do you have to first cancel your existing interview to see available dates? Or is there an option to keep your interview but still see other available dates?
In terms of finding an earlier interview date. When you go to the portal do you have to first cancel your existing interview to see available dates? Or is there an option to keep your interview but still see other available dates?
If you go to the previous email where they first invited you to an interview, there's a link to schedule, if you click that you can see the other dates
I think they are going to call if it is an acceptance but I'm not sureThank you. Are they gonna call or send us emails?
Last edited:
I was originally offered Nov 30, Dec 6, 7, and 8 interview dates yesterday, then Oct 20 date became available this morning. So I rescheduled to Oct 20. You don't have to cancel first, just go back to the first interview email they sent you.In terms of finding an earlier interview date. When you go to the portal do you have to first cancel your existing interview to see available dates? Or is there an option to keep your interview but still see other available dates?
Last edited:
Does anyone have an interview this friday? What are you doing about Hurricane Irma?
Yes. They said they haven't released info yet but will be accommodating to those who have interviews on Friday.Does anyone have an interview this friday? What are you doing about Hurricane Irma?
Yeah I really hope they don't push our interview back to December if they do cancel it.Yes. They said they haven't released info yet but will be accommodating to those who have interviews on Friday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think they would. The person I talked to on the phone said that a reschedule would be sooner than later.Yeah I really hope they don't push our interview back to December if they do cancel it.
Okay, so I submitted my application on aadsas on 8/24 and immediately went online and did the supplemental application and paid the fee. A few days later someone from Nova called and told me they have my application and want to speak further but are waiting for my application to process but since then no contact. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN
Those interviewing on 9/8, our interview has been cancelled, you should be getting a phone call from them soon
Any word on rescheduling dates?Those interviewing on 9/8, our interview has been cancelled, you should be getting a phone call from them soon
Any word on rescheduling dates?
They're unsure if they're going to add new dates or add extra spots for the existing interview dates, but they'll call or email us once they know.
Yeah it sounds like they're going to try to give us a date in the near future rather than post december 1st. Fingers crossed!
Any word on the 9/7 interviews? Still on or cancelled?
Talk about **** luck......
They're cancelled but they said they're going to figure out dates to accommodate us.Any word on the 9/7 interviews? Still on or cancelled?
Edit: WHOOPS i meant for those on 9/8.
7
711769
wait what's happening? why are they cancelled?They're cancelled but they said they're going to figure out dates to accommodate us.
Edit: WHOOPS i meant for those on 9/8.
wait what's happening? why are they cancelled?
Hurricane Irma is on its way
7
711769
Hurricane Irma is on its way
wow, it's the first time i heard of this... I have an interview on the 13th... will it affect me too?
It shouldn't, but if it's like Hurricane Harvey and does a lot of damage, it might.wow, it's the first time i heard of this... I have an interview on the 13th... will it affect me too?
I'd say it's still on but if I were you, I'd want to get out of FL thurs night.Any word on the 9/7 interviews? Still on or cancelled?
My return flight is at 8pm! I should be good right? I'm honestly so stressed about the hurricane that I can't focus on prepping for the interview 🙁I'd say it's still on but if I were you, I'd want to get out of FL thurs night.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Don't be a stressedpredent 🙂 I think Thursday night you should be good! The Hurricane won't hit until the weekend.My return flight is at 8pm! I should be good right? I'm honestly so stressed about the hurricane that I can't focus on prepping for the interview 🙁
Also, don't prepare too much for this interview. I've heard its much more conversational. Not so much grilling you with questions. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply haha. Literally was giving myself an anxiety attack.Don't be a stressedpredent 🙂 I think Thursday night you should be good! The Hurricane won't hit until the weekend.
Also, don't prepare too much for this interview. I've heard its much more conversational. Not so much grilling you with questions. Good luck!
Glad I could help 🙂 You'll be fine, and I'm sure you'll kill the interview!Thanks for the reply haha. Literally was giving myself an anxiety attack.
Interview #1
School: Nova
Notification date: 8/31
Method of notification: email
Residency: CO
Application complete date: 8/17
GPA (science, overall) 3.80 sGPA/ 3.84 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/20/none
School: Nova
Notification date: 8/31
Method of notification: email
Residency: CO
Application complete date: 8/17
GPA (science, overall) 3.80 sGPA/ 3.84 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/21/20/none
Thursday interviews are also cancelled. Bout to get wrecked with hotel/flight cancellations -__-
I feel bad for you guys, chances are the flight prices will go up this season. Maybe take a bus. Anyone know if this storm will hit ft lauderdale hard?
Supposed to hit the southeast coast pretty hard. I think the florida keys>miami>ft lauderale in terms of severity. Enough for all flights to be cancelled so I'd avoid this area. Hope everyone down there will be ok.
S
Spliced
I would say it will probably be canceled based on current hurricane projections.What are the chances for people with dates 13th-15th next week?
my interview is on the 13th and I have no idea what the status of it is. they said the school is closed until Monday and until further notice. The hurricane trajectory seems to dwindle on monday morning as it is considered category 1 at that time. I do not believe the actual hurricane is a concern for us interviewing next week, however I am not sure how bad the area will be hit. I sent an email, i will post back if they respond but the entire state is in evacuation so there is little chance of response until monday morning the earliest.
Hey guys so I know the hurricane is going on and i'm sure that is affecting admissions, but I haven't received a secondary link to this school and i'm not sure if that's something I should worry about. I can't find any information about the secondary on their website either. Can anyone link me to the login?
Hey guys so I know the hurricane is going on and i'm sure that is affecting admissions, but I haven't received a secondary link to this school and i'm not sure if that's something I should worry about. I can't find any information about the secondary on their website either. Can anyone link me to the login?
Here's the link and instructions from their email:
"We encourage you to complete the NSU online admissions application at: Admissions Login After you create a Login ID and PIN, you will select: GRADUATION/PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMS; then COLLEGE OF DENTAL MEDICINE; and finally the DENTAL DMD SUPPLEMENTAL application. Once there, you will be able to complete, submit, and pay the application fee on-line. "
S
Spliced
below average dat and gpa for this school. it all lies on your ECs, LOR and PS. A chance? yes. but you will be looking at post December interviews.Do you guys think I have a chance at getting an interview from NOVA or any other schools?
OGPA/SGPA= 3.3/3.2
DAT AA/TS/PAT= 20/21/17
I would appreciate any feedback on how to improve my application if I did not get in this cycle 🙂
7
711769
Hey all, so can we safely assume that our interviews thsi week (i.e. the 13th) are cancelled?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
S
Spliced
I've been checking live feed from fort lauderdale. Doesn't seem to be too bad there (compared to what was predicted), very strong winds. Good chance most interviews next week will be deferred.Hey all, so can we safely assume that our interviews thsi week (i.e. the 13th) are cancelled?
No, don't assume that until they tell you they're cancelled. If the school doesn't get hit hard by the storm, I'm sure they'll still have interviews.Hey all, so can we safely assume that our interviews thsi week (i.e. the 13th) are cancelled?
where are you getting this from? http://dental-schools.startclass.com/ has it at 18 and 3.25. idk how recent those numbers are, but I couldn't find any class profile statistics on their page. I had a friend apply last year who had a December interview with an 18below average dat and gpa for this school. it all lies on your ECs, LOR and PS. A chance? yes. but you will be looking at post December interviews.
That website is outdated.where are you getting this from? http://dental-schools.startclass.com/ has it at 18 and 3.25. idk how recent those numbers are, but I couldn't find any class profile statistics on their page. I had a friend apply last year who had a December interview with an 18
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K