2018 *** The Official Nova Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd Interview
School: NOVA
Notification Date: 10/24/17
Supplement Submit: 10/20/17 (phone notification 10/23/17)
Residency: International with U.S. green card
Undergrad GPA:3.2
Master GPA: 3.3
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/Any below 17): 21/19/24/26/none
Interview date: 1/18/18

Members don't see this ad.

Does anybody know what the stats for Nova were last year for out of state. How many did they interview and from those interviewed how many were extended offers?

Reactions: 1 users
For those who are going for an interview from now on: I was asked questions that nobody mentioned here before. And yes it was a chill and casual conversation type interview, however, during my interview I was asked, why they should take me over other applicants? What do I do for fun? What's your story And Why nova?.
And remember this, you will thank me later, that NOVA looks for leaders with high science GPA/on DAT. So If you have these two points and you focus on them during your interview, you have a GREAT chance to get in.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who are going for an interview from now on: I was asked questions that nobody mentioned here before. And yes it was a chill and casual conversation type interview, however, during my interview I was asked, why they should take me over other applicants? What do I do for fun? What's your story And Why nova?.
And remember this, you will thank me later, that NOVA looks for leaders with high science GPA/on DAT. So If you have these two points and you focus on them during your interview, you have a GREAT chance to get in.

What if only one of those things is high?

What if only one of those things is high?

You're fine. On my interview they said you are here because your stats are on par with what we accept. Now just impress them and you will be fine!

Out of curiosity, what is anyone's status on AADSAS after the interview? I had my interview a few weeks ago and it's still listed as "Invited for Interview"

Does anybody know what the stats for Nova were last year for out of state. How many did they interview and from those interviewed how many were extended offers?
I'm not sure if they have stats specifically for OOS. their GPA means are: cgpa: 3.77, sgpa: 3.72, DAT: 20.7.

Out of curiosity, what is anyone's status on AADSAS after the interview? I had my interview a few weeks ago and it's still listed as "Invited for Interview"
Hi! How was the interview? Can you tell me the schedule please?

Mine is still listed as "invited for interview" as well. They may just choose not to change it "application complete". I wouldn't stress out about it.

Hi guys!
Does anyone know if being interviewed after December 1st means being on the waitlist?

I am not sure if they fill all seats on December 1st since they do schedule interviews after December 1st

Hi guys!
Does anyone know if being interviewed after December 1st means being on the waitlist?

I am not sure if they fill all seats on December 1st since they do schedule interviews after December 1st

It doesn't. Most schools save seats for afyer December first. That doesn't mean people that apply before December first that aren't accepted are rejected, it just means that the pre and post December applicants are now vying for fewer spots.

Got an interview today (Out of state) -- all dates offered were end of january

They have started sending out rejection letters. Got mine in the mail this weekend

Members don't see this ad :)
Got rejection letter yesterday, no interview. AADSAS still says Received/Under Review

Stats for reference:
AADSAS complete: submitted 6/3, transcripts verified mid/end of July, but didn't take DAT until 7/30
Residency: FL
GPA: 3.88 overall GPA, 3.68 sci GPA
DAT: 21 AA/19 TS/17 PAT/18 BIO/20 gen Chem/23 o Chem/25 RC/19 QR

Status changed to Check Back Dec 1st.

Mines changed to Check back Dec 1st. Has anyone interviewed and not received that update?

I interviewed in OCT and have not received that particular update yet.

Mine hasn't updated to check back on dec 1st. interviewed oct 19

Well according to the class of 2020 thread, people who got the status change were pretty much all accepted, while the people who didn't were waitlisted/rejected...

So sad for me if that's really the case :(... (interviewed Oct 20)

Well according to the class of 2020 thread, people who got the status change were pretty much all accepted, while the people who didn't were waitlisted/rejected...

So sad for me if that's really the case :(... (interviewed Oct 20)
has anyone interviewed in October or later had their status updated? perhaps they are updating in order of interview date.

The guy a few posts up interviewed on OCT 11th

EDIT: NINJA'D!

Last edited:
Class of 2020...that's like two years ago and using the old AADSAS UI. I doubt the change in status for one person means anything for the rest of us.

I read some of the 2020 thread as well, there were people in there that were accepted and never saw the "Check back on Dec 1" message.

Class of 2020...that's like two years ago and using the old AADSAS UI. I doubt the change in status for one person means anything for the rest of us.
I surely hope so. I really would like to attend Nova...

I would assume "Check Back Dec 1st" is a rejection, I don't feel comfortable with that update.

I would assume "Check Back Dec 1st" is a rejection, I don't feel comfortable with that update.
Shouldn't assume that. If you check out class of 2020 thread, that update is good news...

So thus far the latest interview date we have is oct 11 which got the check back dec 1st status. please update your status if you get a chance. Nova is my top choice right now ahhhhh!!!! the panic is coming.

So thus far the latest interview date we have is oct 11 which got the check back dec 1st status. please update your status if you get a chance. Nova is my top choice right now ahhhhh!!!! the panic is coming.

"Earliest"

Last edited:
Shouldn't assume that. If you check out class of 2020 thread, that update is good news...
Hey so actually according to the class of 2021 people who were accepted some had a status change while others had no status change from invited to interview.

I interviewed late October (fourth week) and it still says "Invited for Interview". My girlfriend interviewed the same day as me and her status changed to "Check back Dec 1st" :/

I interviewed late October (fourth week) and it still says "Invited for Interview". My girlfriend interviewed the same day as me and her status changed to "Check back Dec 1st" :/
Which one of you do you think is a stronger candidate and more likely to be accepted lol... All we can do right now is to wait or speculate :(.

Okay hmm, yea now im beginning to stress LOL.

It's a brand new system, we can't automatically assume that its the same trends. Also, I have a feeling it depends on who interviewed you.

It's a brand new system, we can't automatically assume that its the same trends. Also, I have a feeling it depends on who interviewed you.

Who interviewed you?

I interviewed Sept 29th! I don't have a status change... still says "invited for interview"

EDIT: I interviewed with Sue Ann Zarret

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.