2018 *** The Official Nova Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone from out of town interviewing on OCT 5th? Im bringing my ps4 to the nearby hotel im stayin at on oct 4th if anyone tryna get whooped in fifa
holy crap, where the eff were u when i interviewed back in august???

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
First Interview!
School: NOVA
Notification Date: 9/26/17
Method of Notification: E-mail
Residency: AL
sGPA: 3.21
oGPA: 3.24
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/Any below 17): 24/24/18/27/QR 16
Interview date: 1/4/18
How long before you got an interview invite you received a call that your application is ready for review?

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed with Ms. Coleman as well.

Anyone from out of town interviewing on OCT 5th? Im bringing my ps4 to the nearby hotel im stayin at on oct 4th if anyone tryna get whooped in fifa

Where were you on Sep 26, the day before I had my interview?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejection #1
School: Nova
Notification date: today
Method of notification: mail
Residency: Canada
AADSAS Mail out: early July/DAT scores processed on August 22.
Application status: Salty AF
GPA (science, overall) 3.51 sGPA, ~3.5 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/25/22/18/none

Reactions: 3 users
Rejection #1
Notification date: today
Method of notification: mail
AADSAS Mail out: early July/DAT scores processed on August 22.
Application status: Salty AF
GPA (science, overall) 3.51 sGPA, ~3.5 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/25/22/18/none

wtf how did u get rejected?? those are some good af stats

wtf how did u get rejected?? those are some good af stats

Because they hate canada lol jk, idk tbh. I thought I was getting one for sure since I had 4 strong letters, a well edited PS, and well rounded ECs. Just not meant to be I guess. could be my supplemental answers? who knows.

Scheduled Interview for 1/12. Are earlier spots all filled up?! Does anyone know? :0

Interview #3
Notification date: 10/2
Method of notification: email
Residency: NJ
Application complete date: 9/23
GPA (science, overall) 3.58 sGPA/3.62 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/19/none

Scheduled Interview for 1/12. Are earlier spots all filled up?! Does anyone know? :0

Interview #3
Notification date: 10/2
Residency: NJ
Application complete date: 9/23
GPA (science, overall) 3.58 sGPA/3.62 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/19/none
Yes they are

First Interview!
School: NOVA
Notification Date: 9/26/17
Method of Notification: E-mail
Residency: AL
sGPA: 3.21
oGPA: 3.24
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/Any below 17): 24/24/18/27/QR 16
Interview date: 1/4/18

Congrats!! I was wondering, do you know how come applicants automatically sent the supplemental applications when it says on AADSAS that they send them only upon request?

Just got last week the supplemental application email, then had the person call me today and say it was all complete. How long should I expect to wait to hear back? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
from looking at last years stats from ADEA guide book, they only interviewed 24 international applicants from a pool of ~250ish. Maybe, they're done interviewing international applicants?
im Canadian, got an interview inv in early august, submitted my app mid july.

from looking at last years stats from ADEA guide book, they only interviewed 24 international applicants from a pool of ~250ish. Maybe, they're done interviewing international applicants?
I'm thinking I took the DAT a little too late for an international applicant. I was forced to take it on August 10th b/c I had a summer school course during June.

I'm thinking I took the DAT a little too late for an international applicant. I was forced to take it on August 10th b/c I had a summer school course during June.
21 AA 3.78 cGPA, 3.87 BCMP. Hmm so once your application was processed it was around September. That is quite late for an international applicant, but i don't think you got rejected based on that. They could have just kept your file under review as more interviews will be released after December. Some schools like NOVA, UCSF, MWU, IVY League look for a certain type of student and are known to reject students even though they have great stats because of their PS, ECs, etc. Seems like your gpa is on the low end for nova, but your DAT more than makes up for it. You can always call and ask them why they rejected you.

21 AA 3.78 cGPA, 3.87 BCMP. Hmm so once your application was processed it was around September. That is quite late for an international applicant, but i don't think you got rejected based on that. They could have just kept your file under review as more interviews will be released after December. Some schools like NOVA, UCSF, MWU, IVY League look for a certain type of student and are known to reject students even though they have great stats because of their PS, ECs, etc. Seems like your gpa is on the low end for nova, but your DAT more than makes up for it. You can always call and ask them why they rejected you.

What type of students is NOVA looking for?

My GPA is low because I bombed first year (2.2), I did a 5th year to pad my undergrad and finished with this: 2.2 --> 3.3 --> 4.0 -->4.0 -->4.0. I totally respect their decision, but if I'm an ADCOM, I'd think to myself that the person i'm getting is the one who's performed well during the past three year, not the one from 2012-2013 school year when i didn't know how to do jack ****. Either way I wish all of you who interviewed or will be interviewing best of luck at NOVA :).

Last edited:
It hard to say for certain. Seems in their mission they want leadership experience and people with a lot of community involvement.

My GPA is low because I bombed first year (2.2), I did a 5th year to pad my undergrad and finished with this: 2.2 --> 3.3 --> 4.0 -->4.0 -->4.0. I totally respect their decision, but if I'm an ADCOM, I'd think to myself that the person i'm getting is the one who's performed well during the past three year, not the one from 2012-2013 school year when i didn't know how to do jack ****. Either way I wish all of you who interviewed or will be interviewing best of luck at NOVA :).
Thats a great upward trend. I had to take a few part time semesters so im behind too.

That's actually not true. From what I've seen, it seems like they give people interviews or reject them quite fast. In addition to that, they have started filling up January interview spots, with not many interview dates left, so it doesn't seem like they are giving out more interview post Dec.

It hard to say for certain. Seems in their mission they want leadership experience and people with a lot of community involvement.
Well... probably not. I have 0 leadership experience and very few community service hours yet I was invited to interview. I already got rejected by three schools with lower stat averages than Nova... I don't think his GPA is a problem as well, since I have a lot lower GPA. I would guess it might be because of his international status.

From what I was told pre-interview and during the interview, they want people that are a good fit for their program.

Based off that, visit their site and figure out what that fit is :^)

Well... probably not. I have 0 leadership experience and very few community service hours yet I was invited to interview. I already got rejected by three schools with lower stat averages than Nova... I don't think his GPA is a problem as well, since I have a lot lower GPA. I would guess it might be because of his international status.
Well you are an american, makes it that much easier for them to invite/ accept you. Yea i'm saying it is very hard to say from what i can see those would be the reasons. The best thing would be to call and find out.

That's actually not true. From what I've seen, it seems like they give people interviews or reject them quite fast. In addition to that, they have started filling up January interview spots, with not many interview dates left, so it doesn't seem like they are giving out more interview post Dec.
We may never know their admissions process but some people are kept under review for a long time so I don't see how that's false.

They like research, community involvement, high DATs, solid GPA (with upward trend), challenging course load, and other non academic activities that shows your unique. And for what it's worth, my interviewer seemed to really like the university I went to. Not an ivy but certainly has its own prestige.

I am from China and interviewed at Nova in late August. They seem to have high acceptance rate for international students who got interviewed. My stats: AA23, TS22, GPA: 3.6-3.7ish hope that helps. Good luck.

Interview #2

Notification date: 10/11
Residency: MD
Application complete date: 10/10
GPA (science, overall) 3.73 sGPA/3.85 oGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/25/24/none

Anyone here interviewing next Friday? My only pre-dec interview so far so really want to ace this :rolleyes:.

Interview #1

Notification date: 10/10
Application complete date: 9/29
GPA: 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/22/none

Rejection from here during first week of october.
GPA (science, overall) 3.5 oGPA/sGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/21/20/none

Just got back from Tuesday's interview!

It was one of the chillest, weirdest experiences I've ever had. I'm not sure if I should even call it an interview, it was more of a light chat you'd have over coffee.
For those of you who still are interviewing with Nova, relax. The most stressful part was waiting for your name to get called.

On that topic, if you do book your flight early, the interviewers will try to accommodate you by having you interview first. And they do apparently have an area to store your luggage.

Reactions: 2 users
Just got back from Tuesday's interview!

It was one of the chillest, weirdest experiences I've ever had. I'm not sure if I should even call it an interview, it was more of a light chat you'd have over coffee.
For those of you who still are interviewing with Nova, relax. The most stressful part was waiting for your name to get called.

On that topic, if you do book your flight early, the interviewers will try to accommodate you by having you interview first. And they do apparently have an area to store your luggage.
do you feel like you were given the opportunity to stand out from the rest of the applicants?

do you feel like you were given the opportunity to stand out from the rest of the applicants?
Honestly if you're normal and can hold a conversation, then no. But my interviewer knew my application very well and it set the tone for the interview.

Honestly if you're normal and can hold a conversation, then no. But my interviewer knew my application very well and it set the tone for the interview.
dont be normal, got it.

I had Dr. Quinton as my interviewer and he had some sass going on so I played his game and followed suit. Hopefully that was enough to make me stand out lmao

I had Dr. Quinton as my interviewer and he had some sass going on so I played his game and followed suit. Hopefully that was enough to make me stand out lmao
what do you mean sass lol

I had Dr. Quinton as well. No sass going on, but fun.

To anyone who applied and got an interview, did you receive an e-mail after submitting the supplemental with a copy of your supplemental application saying thank you for your recent submission, attached is a copy of it? I just want to know if this is a generalized e-mail for everyone who submitted a supplemental or if I got this e-mail instead of an invite e-mail

To anyone who applied and got an interview, did you receive an e-mail after submitting the supplemental with a copy of your supplemental application saying thank you for your recent submission, attached is a copy of it? I just want to know if this is a generalized e-mail for everyone who submitted a supplemental or if I got this e-mail instead of an invite e-mail
Generalized receipt email basically

Hey all!

Just wanted to give a little update for those of you who have your interview coming up at Nova. I interviewed with Sue Ann Zarrette, she was extremely sweet and personally in my experience just wanted to get to know me as an applicant (no surprise). No, we didn't spend 20 minutes conversing over golf, football, random things.. she wanted to get to know aspects to my application that weren't there.. i.e growth in academic trends and DAT scores etc. and where my vocation for dentistry sprung from.

Just be as genuine and humble as you can because they can see right through you!

Status
Not open for further replies.