***The Official Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a way to reach any student who was out of state student in the first year and changed his/her residency to NJ (w/ eligibility for the in-state tuition the following year)?

ps. I have talked to the registrar but didn't get the clear answer.

The school was not helpful with this. However, the student government president said she is willing to help you guys with this since she came from OOS. DM me and I’ll help you get in touch with her.

Reactions: 1 user
Updated academic calendar is out! Looks like Class of 2024 starts on August 17-21 for orientation. See you all there!!

Reactions: 3 users
Updated academic calendar is out! Looks like Class of 2024 starts on August 17-21 for orientation. See you all there!!
Where were you able to find this?

Reactions: 2 users
Here's the file that was sent out!! But like ivy.ch said above, its subject to change.

Attachments

• AY20-21 Academic Calendar 5.6.20.pdf
    311.5 KB · Views: 217
Reactions: 1 users
In the bottom chart, it says First Year Orientation is August 10-14th, is that incorrect?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are they counselors available in Rutgers? Some of the other schools i interviewed at had therapists that help with the stress obtained through dental school if i remember correctly. Could be wrong

Are they counselors available in Rutgers? Some of the other schools i interviewed at had therapists that help with the stress obtained through dental school if i remember correctly. Could be wrong

One gets a handful of free appointments with the mental health services.

Mostly we just complain to each other every day and send passive-aggressive memes and that’s usually enough for most of us.

lol. How about for actual appointments such as personal issues that arent necessarily school related

Did we ever get a WhatsApp group started?

lol. How about for actual appointments such as personal issues that arent necessarily school related

the school has faculty counselors that you can talk to academic or not

they also have an actual therapist that you can schedule an appointment for

They said we would hear back yesterday if it would fully online or not but I got no email :/

I respect rsdm admin has a million things going on right now and d1's are on the bottom of the list.

I don't need any details, but I would appreciate at least a note saying whether or not relocating to NJ is necessary for fall semester.

I recently filled out the application for the dorms. Would they tell us which room I'm getting, and on which floor, etc?

I respect rsdm admin has a million things going on right now and d1's are on the bottom of the list.

I don't need any details, but I would appreciate at least a note saying whether or not relocating to NJ is necessary for fall semester.

To be fair, did you even try calling to ask? You can’t expect them to answer questions without knowing what the question is.

I would definitely expect to be around Newark for the fall semester.

To be fair, did you even try calling to ask? You can’t expect them to answer questions without knowing what the question is.

I would definitely expect to be around Newark for the fall semester.
Thanks. You are right, I will reach out today. I was trying to not bother them with more questions, but it's getting late enough that I need to know.

Hello future classmates, don't forget to complete the 11 modules that they have emailed to us, which is due June 30th. It can be accessed from your sdm emails

If you haven't received the module emails (from May 23rd), email [email protected]
Lol, dude, you are kicking a hornets nest :)

If they have not emailed you asking you to complete this stuff, then don't worry about it. They probably dont need everyone emailing them right now asking the same questions.

The school will contact you with all the necessary information. You guys should be enjoying your last summer of your free life

It is spam. I have gotten one email a day from them since the day my rutgers email account was set up.

Does anyone have any recommendations for loupe brands, such as Lumadent, Surgitel, or Orascoptic

Does anyone have any recommendations for loupe brands, such as Lumadent, Surgitel, or Orascoptic

most people got Orascoptic, they work fine. Others got surgitel, and those are good. The best idea was buying cheap ones off Amazon for way less money.

Does anybody know where we should have our transcripts sent to? i cant seem to figure out how to send it to christine through email?

Please be so kind as to share the exact information on how i should sent it ?
thanks.

most people got Orascoptic, they work fine. Others got surgitel, and those are good. The best idea was buying cheap ones off Amazon for way less money.
Do you have the link to the amazon ones you used? And did you have any issues with the light or the loupes fitting properly or any issues whatsoever with them?
Thanks

Do you have the link to the amazon ones you used? And did you have any issues with the light or the loupes fitting properly or any issues whatsoever with them?
Thanks

I didn't get my loupes from amazon, but I'm sure there are plenty of options. I did, however, buy a new light from Amazon. It clips right on any loupe frame. I can't give any specific recommendations.

Hi! I was just accepted off the waitlist today! could anyone give me a quick summary of the plan for the upcoming semester like start date, online or in person etc. I only have until tomorrow morning to make a decision so I guess its somewhat urgent
Congrats!
Info is still vague. First day, orientation is in person Aug 14th. Beyond that, they have only said expect lectures to be online but to have to come into the school for sim labs, which could be most days. I don't think the school has worked out all the finer details yet.