***The Official Rutgers School of Dental Medicine Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Just got a call from chaviano!!! Accepted off the waitlist out of state!!! So excited! Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know how many out-of-state residents are accepted at Rutgers School of Dental Medicine?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the class size so far?

Does anyone know the class size so far?
I called earlier this week and someone in the office told me that the class is full so far. However, anything can change until August...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using SDN mobile

Is there a Facebook group for those who were recently accepted to the class of 2024?
Or those committing to Rutgers

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hi all,
I hope everyone is doing well. I have decided to accept my offer at Rutgers and I am planning to move to Newark in the summer. I understand Newark is not a safe city and that walking to school from certain neighbourhoods can be dangerous, so I am wondering what areas should one live in. I know society hill and ironbound are not too bad, but is there a rule like " anything west of so and so street is dangerous?"
How is the Liberty park area?
I'm not sure if this post is appropriate for this thread, so please let me know and I will delete it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the school will be informing us of dorming/housing information soon, but I'm not completely sure

Is there a Facebook group for those who were recently accepted to the class of 2024?
Or those committing to Rutgers

y’all should definitely make a WhatsApp or slack group. We definitely had a group going by this time. Useful to speak with each other.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all,
I hope everyone is doing well. I have decided to accept my offer at Rutgers and I am planning to move to Newark in the summer. I understand Newark is not a safe city and that walking to school from certain neighbourhoods can be dangerous, so I am wondering what areas should one live in. I know society hill and ironbound are not too bad, but is there a rule like " anything west of so and so street is dangerous?"
How is the Liberty park area?
I'm not sure if this post is appropriate for this thread, so please let me know and I will delete it.

Parts of Newark are unsafe, just like parts of any city are unsafe The city has been great for us - we’ve never had issues before, we routinely walk even at night, and the cultural spots around here are dope (food, people, parks). I would check out /r/Newark, they could also help you out.

best neighborhoods to live in are University Heights (where the school is), northern city central (has undergone extreme gentrification in the past few years), ironbound (Hispanic neighborhood on east side), and Forrest hills (East of park, mostly Hispanic, some million dollar homes there).

my recommendation is without a doubt University Heights.

Here’s my rule of thumb advice until you get to know the city. Do NOT go south of Route 510 / Market Street. Do NOT go east of Bergen Street / 1st Street. Click the university heights neighborhood in google maps and it gives this exact border.

liberty park is pushing it. Depends on who you are and what neighborhoods you are used to. It’s something you could do, but I would recommend you check it out yourself before committing.

y’all should definitely make a WhatsApp or slack group. We definitely had a group going by this time. Useful to speak with each other.
i am interested in this. Whoever wants can Message me and i will share info for whatsapp group. We should get this going. I Will try and start a new thread that will ask about anyone commiting to rutgers and wanst to be added to a whatsapp group.

Reactions: 3 users
Hello, for everyone that is already committed to rutgers, i am trying to string together a whatsapp group so we can all be in touch since no official Facebook group has been created and there are students that have many questions. Please message me info and i will gladly add you to the Official RSDM Class of 2024 Whatsapp group.

Reactions: 5 users
Parts of Newark are unsafe, just like parts of any city are unsafe The city has been great for us - we’ve never had issues before, we routinely walk even at night, and the cultural spots around here are dope (food, people, parks). I would check out /r/Newark, they could also help you out.

best neighborhoods to live in are University Heights (where the school is), northern city central (has undergone extreme gentrification in the past few years), ironbound (Hispanic neighborhood on east side), and Forrest hills (East of park, mostly Hispanic, some million dollar homes there).

my recommendation is without a doubt University Heights.

Here’s my rule of thumb advice until you get to know the city. Do NOT go south of Route 510 / Market Street. Do NOT go east of Bergen Street / 1st Street. Click the university heights neighborhood in google maps and it gives this exact border.

liberty park is pushing it. Depends on who you are and what neighborhoods you are used to. It’s something you could do, but I would recommend you check it out yourself before committing.

Thank you! This is very helpful information, and making a whatsapp chat is a really good idea. Thank you again

Does anyone here know how i can get in touch with Rutgers. I have been given the option to receive a P/F in my final class before i graduate. it is biochem, and therefore it is not required for Rutgers. I want to know if receiving a P instead of a letter grade will be a problem. Does anybody know this? I am not sure the number to call if someone can let me know that will be great

Does anyone here know how i can get in touch with Rutgers. I have been given the option to receive a P/F in my final class before i graduate. it is biochem, and therefore it is not required for Rutgers. I want to know if receiving a P instead of a letter grade will be a problem. Does anybody know this? I am not sure the number to call if someone can let me know that will be great

I really doubt this is an issue. Call admissions. Googlethe number.

For those that have emailed their tuition deposit, did Dr. Chaviano-Moran or Christine Melendez send a confirmation email?

Does anyone know the process for taking out loans? Is the school going to contact us? Does anyone know when they start contacting?

Does anyone know the process for taking out loans? Is the school going to contact us? Does anyone know when they start contacting?

Submit your FAFSA. If you sign in to my.rutgers.edu > Banner Self Service > Financial aid (on the side menu) > RBHS Financial Aid Tracking, you will see a checklist of what needs to be submitted.
There should also be a handout in the folder given to you guys during your interview date and it has all the specifics.

Submit your FAFSA. If you sign in to my.rutgers.edu > Banner Self Service > Financial aid (on the side menu) > RBHS Financial Aid Tracking, you will see a checklist of what needs to be submitted.
There should also be a handout in the folder given to you guys during your interview date and it has all the specifics.
Its all checked, now what?

Any recommendations for good private loan companies?

Just got an acceptance call! I interviewed on jan 24. Dont lose hope!!

Reactions: 5 users
In addition to that, is there an online form to fill out in terms of immunizations, health history etc
Or is just immunization forms from the handbook?

In addition to that, is there an online form to fill out in terms of immunizations, health history etc
Or is just immunization forms from the handbook?

Hmm it’s kinda weird that we didn’t get any emails about this but yepp, there are forms to fill out online too.

Hi everyone! For housing information does anyone know when we might be contacted about this?
For example, I want to request to live at 180 W Market street (the dorms) this year thanks!

Hi everyone! For housing information does anyone know when we might be contacted about this?
For example, I want to request to live at 180 W Market street (the dorms) this year thanks!

you have plenty of time. You can always call them, but they are notoriously difficult to reach sometimes. Everyone who wantsto like in 180 will get a spot.

you have plenty of time. You can always call them, but they are notoriously difficult to reach sometimes. Everyone who wantsto like in 180 will get a spot.
Thank you!! I really want to dorm there :)

In what case would calendar year dorming be better than academic year dorming?
If anyone has any experience please let me know thank you!

In what case would calendar year dorming be better than academic year dorming?
If anyone has any experience please let me know thank you!

The 180 academic year contract does not line up with the dental school academic year. So usually the students with the academic year contract need to pay for weekly extensions until finals are finished. But it's not a big deal to extend when needed.

EDIT: Removed incorrect information

Last edited:
The 180 academic year contract does not line up with the dental school academic year. So usually the students with the academic year contract need to pay for monthly extensions until finals are finished. But it's not a big deal to extend when needed.

Either contract requires you to move out of your room at the end, even if you are staying in the same room the next year.
Ahh okay so you would just recommend the full calender year right?
Thank you!!