*** The Official Temple University Dental Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
Have you written a letter of intent to them? I don’t know how much that’s going to help
I did! I emailed Brian a month ago and told him that I grew up in Philly suburbs and that I really saw myself at Temple. I didn't expect or get a response, but I feel like I've done all I could at this point lol. I don't know if he was the best person to email that to though, I just felt like I got to know him a lot better than any other admissions staff so my mind went to him directly. I would try the kornberg admissions email first, unless you feel like an admissions director is a better point of contact!

Send to Brian Hahn instead! I heard back from him within the hour and got invited for an interview like a week later
When you emailed Brian did you address him in the email? Like did you say "Dear Brian"? or "Dear Kornberg School of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee"?

When you emailed Brian did you address him in the email? Like did you say "Dear Brian"? or "Dear Kornberg School of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee"?
I said Director Hahn

Reactions: 1 user

U should try and keep it as formal as you can when addressing people in the letter. Addressing Brian as "Mr. Hahn" or "Mr. Brian Hahn" would be be more professional or you can keep the letter general to "Dear Distinguished Kornberg School of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee members".

If you want to take it 1 step further you could write in Dear "Supreme Being Mr. Hahn" ;)

Reactions: 1 users
U should try and keep it as formal as you can when addressing people in the letter. Addressing Brian as "Mr. Hahn" or "Mr. Brian Hahn" would be be more professional or you can keep the letter general to "Dear Distinguished Kornberg School of Dental Medicine Admissions Committee members".

If you want to take it 1 step further you could write in Dear "Supreme Being Mr. Hahn" ;)
I'm really digging "Dear Supreme Being Mr. Hahn" maybe I'll even add "Master of my future" lol

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone have an idea when the second wave of post-december acceptances are?
Technically they already happened. Some people got accepted Dec 20 and the next big batch was that one in mid January. Trying not to panic this week lol, I really wanna go here and it's the only school I applied to!

Members don't see this ad :)
Technically they already happened. Some people got accepted Dec 20 and the next big batch was that one in mid January. Trying not to panic this week lol, I really wanna go here and it's the only school I applied to!
Are you sure they accepted people on December 20? I thought mid January was the first wave after the initial acceptances.

Are you sure they accepted people on December 20? I thought mid January was the first wave after the initial acceptances.
Yep lol, a classmate of mine at my school got accepted that day, and I saw some people posting they got in on the facebook interview group also

Anyone know if the last interview date is this Fri?

Can anyone give me some insight to the essay portion and the best way to prepare for their interview?

Can anyone give me some insight to the essay portion and the best way to prepare for their interview?
I had my interview in October. I had four questions, three of them were simple. They had me talk about why Temple, my community service stuff, and my plans after dental school. The final one was an essay style ethics question.

As far as the interview portion, just be calm and a little nervous. If you come out of the thinking you did well you screwed up :)

I had my interview in October. I had four questions, three of them were simple. They had me talk about why Temple, my community service stuff, and my plans after dental school. The final one was an essay style ethics question.
Why would you share this information? It's unfair to give an advantage to the people who haven't interviewed yet.

Why would you share this information? It's unfair to give an advantage to the people who haven't interviewed yet.
I'm not sure how much of an advantage it gave? I'm sure everyone has looked for previous years threads for interview tips when prepping

I'm not sure how much of an advantage it gave? I'm sure everyone has looked for previous years threads for interview tips when prepping
We're not suppose to share this kind of information lol. It's just unfair for the people who weren't even expecting to write an essay at the interview. (I personally didn't know)

We're not suppose to share this kind of information lol. It's just unfair for the people who weren't even expecting to write an essay at the interview. (I personally didn't know)
Do you even want to go to this school? K9 is right, they've had an essay portion every year. It's even been said in this one. Besides, if you get an interview they already want you. The essay is just there as a tool to see if the writing on the personal statement has the same level of proficiency.

If you read the temple interview feedback page, people give feedback on their interviews from many different years,... I think one person even left feedback that included their interview date and it was back in 2011! The questions that are typically asked and how the interview day is set up (including noting that there is a video portion and essay) is all discussed! Everyone on the internet has access to this page and it contains probably even more detail than what was said on this thread, so really no one is getting an unfair advantage by reading what Saberblue--or anyone in the past/--has said!

If you have not yet seen the page for temple, here’s the link! Good luck if you are preparing for an interview at temple, or if you have already had one. :)

Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry Interview Feedback

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Definitely bombed the interview :(
I'm hoping they consider my essays a bit more

what happened exactly?
Just got nervous which consequently made me a bit awkward. I think my content was fine because it was the same questions as the essay practically. But delivery was a bit subpar.

Just got nervous which consequently made me a bit awkward. I think my content was fine because it was the same questions as the essay practically. But delivery was a bit subpar.

Yes, I think they understand people who get nervous, it is not the end of the world especially with the camera!.

You know sometimes I always introduce the elephant in the room, like if I, for example, talked too much at the interview, I say in the end, oh I am sorry I talked too much and stuff like that.

I mean, yeah whatever, what's done is done. I am just saying in the future, if you felt you are nervous, just say I am sorry I am just overwhelmed because this school is my dream school or something like that :)

Don't hide your weaknesses, acknowledge them.

Best of luck.

Note: Maybe you weren't nervous at all and you are imagining things.

I thought I totally bombed my interview too but I got in, have hope!

Has anyone who interviewed on Feb 8th, received an acceptance yet/have any idea when the next wave of acceptances will go out?

I just got accepted here via email at 4:251 Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Thanks! And yes 23AA 21TS. I didn’t notice anything before I got the offer but it was received and under review this morning and now it says none

I got a continued interest email asking to share my status and tell me that they are still reviewing interviews. Anyone else get this? I interviewed 2/15.

I got a continued interest email asking to share my status and tell me that they are still reviewing interviews. Anyone else get this? I interviewed 2/15.

same, interviewed 2/15

Status
Not open for further replies.