*** The Official Temple University Dental Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy crap! Just got my first acceptance :)))

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 11 users
First acceptance here too!!!! Interviewed 2/15. So happy!!!!!!

Reactions: 8 users
did anyone get a confirmation after they filled out the interest email that went out today?

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure how, but my ADEA portal says offer declined? I just sent my deposit y'day and it's due on the 12th. Not sure what's going on?

I'm not sure how, but my ADEA portal says offer declined? I just sent my deposit y'day and it's due on the 12th. Not sure what's going on?
Might want to contact Temple and see what's up. If you got the offer I wouldn't fret, maybe they put in the wrong update on aadsas.

Reactions: 1 user
Any current students can tell me when classes start and like academic calendar stuff? I tried looking on the website and the only thing they had are the undergrad calendar.

Wanted to let my jobs know when I'm gonna quit....NEVER FELT MORE EXCITED.

Any current students can tell me when classes start and like academic calendar stuff? I tried looking on the website and the only thing they had are the undergrad calendar.

Wanted to let my jobs know when I'm gonna quit....NEVER FELT MORE EXCITED.

There's a Temple dental GroupMe group chat (Temple Dental '23) that has the academic calendar. Orientation starts on August 20 and the first day of class is on August 26. Hope this helps!

There's a Temple dental GroupMe group chat (Temple Dental '23) that has the academic calendar. Orientation starts on August 20 and the first day of class is on August 26. Hope this helps!
How do you join this? Can I just add myself or do I need to be invited?

It differs every year. If the class is not filled, they’ll have another interview

March is for post bac interviews.
Also, the saved seats for post bac students might open up

Can’t be true. There’s people who have multiple deposits down and the second deposit isn’t even due until April 1

Edit: can’t be set in stone I mean !
I guess the exact wording was. Maybe I interpreted it wrong.

"Thank you for applying to the Kornberg School of Dentistry at Temple University. This email is to inform you that the entering 2019 DMD Freshmen class has reached its maximum number of students at this time.
In order to reapply you must submit a new application through the American Association of Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS)."

"Thank you for applying to the Kornberg School of Dentistry at Temple University. This email is to inform you that the entering 2019 DMD Freshmen class has reached its maximum number of students at this time.
In order to reapply you must submit a new application through the American Association of Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS)."
Ohh I see! I thought you meant they were saying that theyre completely done with everything and I was like that can't be possible if the second deposit isn't even due yet!

also waitlisted today. They didn't send me that "class is full email" though. Did you interview at all? or did they send that to people who didn't interview?

I didn't get that "class is full" email but I've been on the waitlist since December 3. I interviewed during the first wave.

Y’all I’m really heartbroken if they’re full!! :(

Do I have any chance of getting in now? If they’re full?

It's full meaning all 140 has put in the initial deposit.
I'd expect very little waitlist movement.

The email was to people who has not interviewed. I'm going to assume that means that they're done with interviews now.

For whoever is reading this in the upcoming cycles: They never sent me that email (“class is full”) and I never interviewed. I think it may have something to do with the fact that I applied to their post-bacc program and my status changed from “Under Review” to “None”. I guess speculation from previous years was correct—they may take your application off from consideration once you apply to their post-bacc. :(

For whoever is reading this in the upcoming cycles: They never sent me that email (“class is full”) and I never interviewed. I think it may have something to do with the fact that I applied to their post-bacc program and my status changed from “Under Review” to “None”. I guess speculation from previous years was correct—they may take your application off from consideration once you apply to their post-bacc. :(

Yes once you apply to the post bac program, you’re not considered for the DMD program

Has anyone who has interviewed for the post-bac program been accepted yet? Does anyone know when they send out acceptances? I was also wondering if anyone knows how many people got invited to interview for the post-bac program this year. This year they had three interview days: March 5th, March 6th, and March 12th. My interview was on March 5th and there were about 27 people in our group. For anyone who interviewed on the 6th or 12th, how many people were in your groups?

Has anyone who has interviewed for the post-bac program been accepted yet? Does anyone know when they send out acceptances? I was also wondering if anyone knows how many people got invited to interview for the post-bac program this year. This year they had three interview days: March 5th, March 6th, and March 12th. My interview was on March 5th and there were about 27 people in our group. For anyone who interviewed on the 6th or 12th, how many people were in your groups?
I just got accept into post-bac program today. I interviewed on March 5th. I definitely will attend if I don't get off waitlist from other dental schools that I interviewed.

So I got the waitlist email last week. Today I get a call from Temple asking me if I am still interested. They also asked me if I was accepted anywhere else and I said yes but Temple is my number one choice etc. finished up the call. 10 mins later got an email saying I was accepted. Crazy! Super hyped!

Reactions: 3 users
y'all.... i just got accepted!! I'm gonna be a dentist!! i'm still shaking I can't believe it! i only applied to temple and things are finally going well for me in my life!

Reactions: 5 users
y'all.... i just got accepted!! I'm gonna be a dentist!! i'm still shaking I can't believe it! i only applied to temple and things are finally going well for me in my life!

Congratulations! When was your interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.