***The Official Texas A&M Baylor College of Dentistry Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chubz0924

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread for this school yet! Making this so that we can all update each other

Link to interview prep: Texas A&M University Baylor College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else not received an email confirmation from Dallas yet?

when did you submit your application? I received an email confirming they received my AADSAS app 2 weeks after submitting it.

Members don't see this ad :)
when did you submit your application? I received an email confirming they received my AADSAS app 2 weeks after submitting it.
Submitted on May 18th. I called up there and she said as long as I had completed both of the forms on the secondary app that I was fine, but I'm a little paranoid because all of the people I know have received one.

Did you submit the secondary application as well?
I have!

I would check your Spam folder, I think they mentioned something about having trouble sending out emails through the application folder and it automatically being in the spam/junk folder!

Reactions: 1 user
Also, how long did it take for tmdsas to process the application?

Also, how long did it take for tmdsas to process the application?
It looks like nowadays about 3 weeks, they update the TMDSAS Support Twitter page with which applications they are processing each day.

Just received my interview invitation (07/25). AA: 22 TS: 22 oGPA: 3.99 bcpmGPA: 3.98

Will be interviewing 9/19

Application was sent out on 6/5/2018

AA 23 TS 24 20 PAT GPA 3.9

Blessed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1
School: TAMU College of Dentistry
Notification date: 8/21/2018
Method of notification: Email
Residency: TX
TMDSAS mail-out date: 7/8/2018
GPA (BCPM, Overall): 3.44, 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/19/22/None

For those who have interviewed there, how was it ?

Interview #1
Notification date: 9/7/2018
Interview date: 10/5/2018
TMDSAS mail-out date: 8/17/2018
GPA (BCPM, Overall): 3.6, 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/21/29/22/None

Interview #1
Notification date: 20/08/2018
Interview date: 9/12/2018
TMDSAS application received: 07/25/2018
GPA (BCPM, Overall): 3.62, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/any section below a 17): 22/24/23/None

Has anyone had their interview yet? How do you feel about it?

Just got an invite this afternoon! I’m OOS. Anyone have any advice for the interview day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got an invite this afternoon! I’m OOS. Anyone have any advice for the interview day?

Would you mind sharing your stats? When did you submit and have everything verified?

did you submit via the Texas app or AADSAS?

Invited to Interview!

Notification date: 10/1/18
Residency: OOS
TMDSAS mail-out date: 07/3/18
Application complete date: 07/5/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.8 something, 3.8 something
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/19/None

Words cannot describe my jealousy! Congratulations!

I turned in my app a few weeks later than you so I'm keeping my fingers crossed but it seems I've already missed the boat on SA

Would you mind sharing your stats? When did you submit and have everything verified?

GPA: 3.64 sGPA: 3.65 26AA 27 TS 22 PAT. I submitted 5/21/18 and got the application complete email from them on 06/18/18

I submitted visa TMDSAS

Thanks! Does it actually matter whether you submit on TMDSAS or AADSAS with supplemental? Congrats on your interview by the way! That is so exciting :soexcited:

Thanks! Does it actually matter whether you submit on TMDSAS or AADSAS with supplemental? Congrats on your interview by the way! That is so exciting :soexcited:

I don't think so. I submitted mine with AADSAS and the supplemental and got an interview yesterday as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Invited to Interview!

Notification date: 10/1/18
Residency: OOS
TMDSAS mail-out date: 07/3/18
Application complete date: 07/5/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.8 something, 3.8 something
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/19/None

I don't think so. I submitted mine with AADSAS and the supplemental and got an interview yesterday as well.

Congrats!! :)

Reactions: 1 users

I’m not sure, but I do think that applying through TMDSAS is better because there are extra essays so you can sell yourself more. A large majority of the out of state students I know that have interviewed in Texas applied through TMDSAS as well.

I’m not sure, but I do think that applying through TMDSAS is better because there are extra essays so you can sell yourself more. A large majority of the out of state students I know that have interviewed in Texas applied through TMDSAS as well.

You also get your app in way earlier.

Wish I had have done that. Congrats on all your Texas interviews!

I personally liked taking up the option for going into the labs after checking out of the interview to meet/observe students. I guess since it was on our own time (and I wasn't anticipating an interview) it just felt more relaxed to talk with them then. I met a student who was an OOS applicant, so it might be a good opportunity to meet someone with a similar situation who can share their experience and why they chose A&M. Even though I was short on time to make my flight home I felt like I got the most out of my visit and it was definitely worth it, so I would suggest making time for that after your interview check-out if you can.

Also invited for an interview!

Notification date: 10/5/18
Method of notification: Email @ 9:35am
Application complete date: 09/7/18
GPA (science, overall): 3.77, 3.79
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/20/None

Does anyone know if you can get into this school for 2018-19 cycle without Anatomy and Physiology. I know its highly recommended, but did anyone get an interview without it? Thank you

Anyone know what percent of OOS interviewees get accepted?

Anyone know what percent of OOS interviewees get accepted?

from the ADEA book,

707 OOS applies
21 interviewed
16 accepted
~76%

Has anyone heard anything? Texas schools seem to be real quiet this year. I got one from Houston but nothing from A&M or San Antonio.

Has anyone heard anything? Texas schools seem to be real quiet this year. I got one from Houston but nothing from A&M or San Antonio.

I've heard back from A&M and Houston, but nothing from San Antonio. I believe San Antonio only sends out interview invites every 2 weeks (not sure if its true or not)

I've only heard from A&M and I have a friend that heard from Houston and San Antonio but not A&M.

Should we expect an email on the 1st or the 3rd of December?

Whats a chance of an international student getting accepted? I moved to texas in high school and will live there for the rest of my life but my status currently is still as an international student. I havent heard back from them yet and it’s my number 1 choice. I know the chance of getting in is very slim since they barely even accept out of state, but I really want to go there...
AA: 20, TS: 20, PAT: 24, QR: 18, RC: 23, Bio: 19, GC: 22, OC: 19.
Overall GPA: 3.52, science GPA: 3.45

Does texas A&M do post december interviews?

I heard they’re done interviewing out of state applicants. Does anyone know if this is true?

I believe so! There were 3 interview days with around 10 applicants each, which just about matches the stats

does anyone know how many people a&m is accepting on the first day?

does anyone know how many people a&m is accepting on the first day?
The schools don't usually give out those numbers. Someone asked when I interviewed at Dallas and Houston, and both times they said they couldn't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.