*-*-* The Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2011 *-*-*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I prematched at both A&M and TCOM, but ranked A&M #1, and TMDSAS says I have matched to A&M and the TCOM site says my app with them is withdrawn from further action now, so TCOM has updated some of their stuff to a point

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an acceptance to Texas Tech El Paso!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was not pre-matched anywhere. :love::):D

Does the match system tell you if you have been placed on a waitlist or are you automatically put on the waitlist if you did not get matched anywhere?

Does the match system tell you if you have been placed on a waitlist or are you automatically put on the waitlist if you did not get matched anywhere?

No, TMDSAS does not tell you this. I believe the schools will send out emails within a week or so telling you if you have been waitlisted or decline. It sucks, just another loooonnngggg waiting game.
Medical school admissions is really for the birds, a real crapshoot at times (so I heard from one of my friends... lol); pure luck and chance to even be given an interview...

Doesn't TMDSAS say that rolling admissions continues after the match? I think if you aren't rejected by a school you stay in the running for acceptance. Some schools might officially put you on a waitlist and some might just keep your application open, but until you get a rejection letter you still have a shot.

Matched to el paso, interviewed last day of the interview cycle. The best news ever.:love:

Does anyone know the following:

If you are accepted to a TMDSAS school off of their waitlist that you ranked higher than the school you matched to, is this new offer binding? Or do you now have both the acceptance from the match and this new one to decide between?

Thanks!

Does anyone know the following:

If you are accepted to a TMDSAS school off of their waitlist that you ranked higher than the school you matched to, is this new offer binding? Or do you now have both the acceptance from the match and this new one to decide between?

Thanks!

It's not binding... In fact, at that point, the match list doesn't really matter. It's kind of like the way it works when you get normal acceptances to multiple schools. You get to choose whichever you like better. :) Are you rethinking your match list...? Haha.

It's not binding... In fact, at that point, the match list doesn't really matter. It's kind of like the way it works when you get normal acceptances to multiple schools. You get to choose whichever you like better. :) Are you rethinking your match list...? Haha.

There is at least the smallest seed of a doubt as to whether the school I ranked first should've been behind the one I matched to :) But if it's not binding, I can burn that bridge when I come to it, hehe.

Thanks for the help Noshie!

Hey I was wondering if yall ran into the website moving painfully slow and sometimes not working at all when inputing application information? Its crazy slow, makes it dam near impossible to get anything done.

I'm not applying this cycle but, but I would like to know how Tmdsas handles retakes? I failed a class and have to retake it. I'm pretty sure the grade isn't replaced, are the two grades averaged out?

I'm not applying this cycle but, but I would like to know how Tmdsas handles retakes? I failed a class and have to retake it. I'm pretty sure the grade isn't replaced, are the two grades averaged out?

You're right, there are no grade replacements. They just average all of your grades together. Every class you take gets put into your GPA. So technically, they do "average out." For example, if you get a C and then get an A in the same class, that will give you a B average overall (which is a 3.0). Retaking classes is still very beneficial even though they don't just take the highest grade...

A quick question about SAT score ...

I took SAT twice and got 2280 and 2160 in two sittings and my best compostie score was 2340 . Which one should I report to TMDSAS . I was wondering about this becuase my university takes the best score from all sittings and TMDSAS is asking for the single date SAT was taken. Someone please clarify...

Last edited:
Primrose, I would say that you should take the score from the best testing date since they only ask for one date. It's probably not the most important part of your application, in any case.

Aghh! Getting so frustrated with TMDSAS. I enter info, save, and move on to another section, go back to it later and it's gone! Anyone else having this problem? I'm so aggravated with it and don't even know if it's worth the trouble. Here it is late July, I'm a FL resident, and waiting on secondaries from AMCAS schools.

Hey I was wondering if yall ran into the website moving painfully slow and sometimes not working at all when inputing application information? Its crazy slow, makes it dam near impossible to get anything done.

I'm on a better internet connection today, moving fast but not saving everything.

I'm on a better internet connection today, moving fast but not saving everything.
Try switching browsers.

I had a similar problem last year, although I think it was with one of the secondary applications. Switching to internet explorer from firefox worked.