****The Official Touro Class of 2022 Interview/ Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
20AA/22TS 3.9 GPA. Once you have an interview its on you. Your stats are obviously not the issue anymore since you got an interview. Just destroy the interview and you will be fine.
i didnt get an interview

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewing this week.

Will I be okay wearing heels, a skirt, and a peacoat? I know they advise to wear boots during cold weather but the only boots I have are doc martens (pretty clunky and angsty looking). How long is the tour outdoors?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing this week.

Will I be okay wearing heels, a skirt, and a peacoat? I know they advise to wear boots during cold weather but the only boots I have are doc martens (pretty clunky and angsty looking). How long is the tour outdoors?
Nice. I think that would be okay. As long as you look professional. When did you receive the invite? And if u don't mind.. what's ur stats?

Nice. I think that would be okay. As long as you look professional. When did you receive the invite? And if u don't mind.. what's ur stats?

I’m just hoping it won’t be icy because I know it’s snowing today haha

I received the invite on 10/19.
3.6 GPA, 22AA/22TS

Reactions: 1 user
I'm interviewing the 24th and am concerned about the weather as well. My dress shoes have little to no traction due to their classic leather sole. Should I be worried?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Declined my interview on the 17th today. Good luck everyone!

Does anyone know about dental students living in the NYMC on-campus residential housing (grasslands) that they have for their medical students? Seems like the rent is cheaper, they have quiet hours, furnished rooms, and everyone is a student so you don't have to worry about weirdos lol. I'm not sure if this is exclusive to only med students though.
From what I understand, it seems that the on-campus housing is exclusively for the medical students.
They did mention during my interveiw that they are working on student housing for the dental students.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I did it late July. Still nothing. What's your stats if you mind sharing?
3.4 GPA, 21 DAT, all around pretty solid extra curricular/work experience too I suppose! Nothing that stands out in my opinion though, so I'm giving at least some of the credit to my personal statement

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, I just had to make one of the toughest decisions in my life and had to turn down touro. I had an amazing experience and really had a very tough time turning this acceptance down. I did it because my state school is roughly 80k cheaper. I hope one of you guys are lucky enough to get this acceptance because touro is truly a great school. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 5 users
I'm interviewing the 24th and am concerned about the weather as well. My dress shoes have little to no traction due to their classic leather sole. Should I be worried?

I would wear shoes that you won't slip in and change them in the lobby. The tour of the medical school is optional at the end and we did not outdoor walking. I wouldn't risk spraining your ankle!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Accepted just now! I interviewed yesterday, great turnaround time.
Congratulations!!! That is awesome, you must be very excited. I'm much more excited for my interview on the 31st now, hoping for a similar situation as you!

Congratulations!!! That is awesome, you must be very excited. I'm much more excited for my interview on the 31st now, hoping for a similar situation as you!
I just want an interview first haha

Reactions: 2 users

I am interviewing that day to! Any idea where you are staying? I will probably wear boots and bring shoes with me as well.

Where did you guys stay at for your interviews?

I am interviewing that day to! Any idea where you are staying? I will probably wear boots and bring shoes with me as well.
Awesome! Look forward to meeting you. I booked a room at Hampton Inn White Plains

Accepted today, interviewed yesterday!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if Touro is still going to offer more interviews?

Does anyone know if Touro is still going to offer more interviews?

Just received one this morning at around 9AM (PST) so they're most likely still offering interviews!

Hey guys, I received this email on 12/18 :

"Good news!
Your application to Touro College of Dental Medicine @ NYMC is complete. This means we are in receipt of your AADSAS application, required letters of recommendation and application fee. Your application has now been moved to the Committee. At TCDM, applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee throughout the application cycle. Candidates may be invited for an interview via email anytime during our interview season which this year runs from October/November 2017 through February 2018."

Im assuming everyone that got an interview received this email, so how long should I expect to wait before I hear back for an interview date or rejection?

Hey guys, I received this email on 12/18 :

"Good news!
Your application to Touro College of Dental Medicine @ NYMC is complete. This means we are in receipt of your AADSAS application, required letters of recommendation and application fee. Your application has now been moved to the Committee. At TCDM, applications are reviewed by the Admissions Committee throughout the application cycle. Candidates may be invited for an interview via email anytime during our interview season which this year runs from October/November 2017 through February 2018."

Im assuming everyone that got an interview received this email, so how long should I expect to wait before I hear back for an interview date or rejection?
I think everyone got that email when they completed their application.

People that have interviewed at Touro could you share some questions you were asked? I'd like to brainstorm a bit and I don't see a interview feedback page for Touro. Thank you!

When did you submit your application? It took me about a month between receiving that confirmation email and receiving my interview invitation.

I paid my secondary app fees on 9/5/17 :/

just got an acceptance notice and my interview was on Jan 10th

Reactions: 1 users
just got an acceptance notice and my interview was on Jan 10th
Congratulations! I interiwed yesterday and they said they will notify us tomorrow. I'm hoping for the best!

I'm still complete on my portal.... :eek:

Waitlisted. Hooefully something good comes from it!

I will be withdrawing my acceptance...hopefully one of you guys get it!

Hey guys, interviewing here next week and can't find much info online about their interview day. If anybody who interviewed already wouldn't mind sharing a few pointers please slide in my DMs! :p

Hi everyone, I interviewed on 1/24/18 and got accepted 1/25/18. Let me know if you have any questions!

Hey guys, interviewing here next week and can't find much info online about their interview day. If anybody who interviewed already wouldn't mind sharing a few pointers please slide in my DMs! :p
PM'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.