****The Official Touro Class of 2022 Interview/ Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone join the Facebook page?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on the 6th, accepted on the 7th.

Reactions: 1 user
Declined my interview on the 13th! If you're trying to find an earlier day, I would call and check if you can swap! Good luck, everyone!

Accepted. Less than 24hrs after interview. Great turn around.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed 12.6 afternoon, accepted 12.7 morning. Less than 24 hours.

Last edited:
Any tips about the interviews??
what was the day like?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed the 6th and was accepted the 7th.

Any tips about the interviews??
what was the day like?

Interview was super relaxed. The best thing that I did was look up the interviewer prior to the interview. They give you the name when you get to the school. This allows you to connect with the interviewer a bit better because you know some of their background.

Reactions: 2 users
We just recently hired a bunch of new faculty :) Some faculty are getting moved from preclinic --> clinic. We all gucci. It's all very exciting! The phone calls to get an aptmt at the clinic started pouring in before we even announced the opening of it! Things are moving very quickly.

Touro College of Dental Medicine Opens New State-of-the-Art Dental Health Facility
That's great news, I used to work at 19 skyline and I remember when there was talk about the college opening up, clinic should be on the 3rd or 4th floor right? Say hi to Rich for me at the front desk for me lol

Reactions: 1 users
I also interviewed the 6th and was accepted the 7th.

Interview was super relaxed. The best thing that I did was look up the interviewer prior to the interview. They give you the name when you get to the school. This allows you to connect with the interviewer a bit better because you know some of their background.

I'm glad your interview went well, and that's a great tip - thanks so much!

Accepted!! Interviewed 12/13 and notified this morning :)

I got an email stating that my application is now going to be reviewed by the committee. Interviews are held until February, so do I still have a shot?

Has the class filled up already?

Any help will be great, thanks!

Since Touro starts interviewing later in the cycle than other schools (early November), there is plenty of time for more interviews!

has anybody sent in their terms & conditions form and not gotten any response/confirmation?

I sent it, no response. Still didnt put the $2000. Waiting for this billing cycle to end ;)

I was accepted to this school, but I am a bit hesitant just because it is such a new school and no stats on how students would perform in clinic and also after graduation. Do current students mind giving me a few tips on what they love/hate about Touro?

Is there a facebook group yet?

How much is housing?

When does fin aid drop in the semester?

Is there a facebook group yet? yes, you should have received an email with the link to the group upon acceptance.

How much is housing? im not sure

When does fin aid drop in the semester? if I had to guess then I would say right before the semester

oops, look at my response in your quote.

I was accepted to this school, but I am a bit hesitant just because it is such a new school and no stats on how students would perform in clinic and also after graduation. Do current students mind giving me a few tips on what they love/hate about Touro?

Current student / pres of the 2021 class here! This is my general response to people:

Touro has everything many other schools have to offer plus more (at least in my opinion). Short train ride into the city. Cheaper tuition, cheaper cost of living, smaller class size (compared to NYU & Columbia). A distinguished faculty. NY Med also has an incredible reputation. There's an incredible amount of overlap between the medical school and the dental school. Sure it's a new dental school, but the people leading it know what they're doing.

Yes Touro is a new school, but plenty of other schools were at one point (and even recently) “new schools” and you still see thousands of people applying to these relatively new schools - UNE, LECOM, etc. The fact that it’s connected to new york medical college which has an incredible reputation has a lot going for it.
They have invested a lot into the school – faculty-wise, clinic, resources, etc… and after having spoken with one of the people running it, I couldn’t really see myself going anywhere else. You’ll also find in years to come it's going to be verrrrry difficult to get into. This area is very densely populated... and very densely populated with very bright individuals. Applicants are going to be fighting over spots at Touro, NYU, Columbia and Rutgers. They all have the same applicant pool and they're all within an hour of each other. Also in terms of the "name", I've found that there are plenty of dental schools that current professionals have never heard of. And that's completely fine! They're still great schools (Places like “Midwestern” or “Roseman” or "Lecom".)
So many people still apply to them. However, generally speaking when you mention "NY Med" amongst the medical community you get the "oh wow". I currently have a friend at the dental school who has said it’s tough but he’s really enjoying it and he’s very happy with his decision.
I had a couple of acceptances and after all my experiences there I can say that I'm very happy to have attended :)

Touro dental school (the location) doesn't house a residency program but Touro itself is associated with several different dental residencies at ny med and other places... so that way you as a dental student can still do difficult cases and then have the option to go to an affiliated residency...

I can say based on how much I learned thus far in my first year, I feel I'll be incredibly prepared to practice in the clinic my second year by the time that time comes! When I sent one of my friends over at RU a pic of my class 2 prep he said "holy s*** they start you guys so quick we didn't start dropping the box until much later." hahahaha! The admin and profs here were adamant about getting us comfortable with using/mastering using handpieces and instruments ASAP!

In terms of things to "hate", I can't say I "hate" anything. Just like all schools, some students prefer some classes over others, there are sometimes busy exam weeks, you'll find on certain days you'll have less free time than others, but this is what you're signing up for!

Reactions: 7 users
Just withdrew my acceptance! Hope one of you guys get it!

To give up our seats, we just reply to the email right? I'm asking because I didn't get a reply yet.

Have an interview here next month!! Super excited to see the school, it looks so nice!! Anyone who has flown out of LGA do you think a 4 pm flight will be okay if I have the morning interview? Thanks!!

Have an interview here next month!! Super excited to see the school, it looks so nice!! Anyone who has flown out of LGA do you think a 4 pm flight will be okay if I have the morning interview? Thanks!!

100%. My flight leaving LGA was at 3:45 and I made it plenty early to the airport.

For those who have been accepted and/or interviewed/about to be interviewed, what are your stats?
im a masters student
GPA 3.4
DAT 19TS/18AA
i still havent heard back. AADSAS is "Received/Application Complete"
Do i even have a chance here?.. thanks and congratulations to everyone :)

For those who have been accepted and/or interviewed/about to be interviewed, what are your stats?
im a masters student
GPA 3.4
DAT 19TS/18AA
i still havent heard back. AADSAS is "Received/Application Complete"
Do i even have a chance here?.. thanks and congratulations to everyone :)

20AA/22TS 3.9 GPA. Once you have an interview its on you. Your stats are obviously not the issue anymore since you got an interview. Just destroy the interview and you will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.