***The Official Touro Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Started by 994850
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This has prob been asked before but can anyone recommend apartment complexes are in the area (Tarrytown, Ossining, Sleepy Hollow). I've been searching to get an idea of rent prices (studio/1br) and rents seem high at 1800/m and greater. I assume more apartments will be listed closer to July when other students give up their leases.
 
I received an interview invite today, would you guys say that there’s still a good chance of getting in, since I’m assuming they’re interviewing for the wait list? Like how fast does their wait list move? Also, for those who were interviewed at Touro, could you please tell me how it’s like? Thanks in advance!
 
I received an interview invite today, would you guys say that there’s still a good chance of getting in, since I’m assuming they’re interviewing for the wait list? Like how fast does their wait list move? Also, for those who were interviewed at Touro, could you please tell me how it’s like? Thanks in advance!
What days are they offering now? Since they're offering interviews, I assume they still have seats. Interview is very chill; basic dental school interview questions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone choosing Touro over other schools? I am highly leaning to attend Touro over few other privates and if anyone in similar position DM me and we can chat haha
 
Congratulations!!!! Would you mind sharing

your stats?
Thanks! 3.84 CGPA, SGPA 3.81, AA 21, TS 20, PAT 19, QR 17, RC 25, Bio 19, GC 20, OC 23. I am a 4th year undergrad at a California State School in southern california. Health Science B.S. & Pre- Health Professions minor. 200 hrs total shadowing w/ 3 diff general dentists. Childrens dental health clinic volunteer 100 hours, Food distribution centers 62 total (2 diff locations), Leadership position for tennis club and pre-dental club. Dental outreach to elementary schools 10 hours total. Other smaller volunteering events.
 
Lmk if anyone interviewing tomororw and staying at Tarryntown tonight so we can hang!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks! 3.84 CGPA, SGPA 3.81, AA 21, TS 20, PAT 19, QR 17, RC 25, Bio 19, GC 20, OC 23. I am a 4th year undergrad at a California State School in southern california. Health Science B.S. & Pre- Health Professions minor. 200 hrs total shadowing w/ 3 diff general dentists. Childrens dental health clinic volunteer 100 hours, Food distribution centers 62 total (2 diff locations), Leadership position for tennis club and pre-dental club. Dental outreach to elementary schools 10 hours total. Other smaller volunteering events.

Wow your stat is admirable


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewed last week! Should I write a letter of intent now or wait until I am potentially waitlisted to write one?
It doesn't hurt to write one sooner than later. But make sure this is the school you truly want to attend and not send it to a lot of other schools. When I interviewed James told our group that he would let us know in 2-3 weeks and I was notified 2.5 weeks after my interview.
 
Thanks! 3.84 CGPA, SGPA 3.81, AA 21, TS 20, PAT 19, QR 17, RC 25, Bio 19, GC 20, OC 23. I am a 4th year undergrad at a California State School in southern california. Health Science B.S. & Pre- Health Professions minor. 200 hrs total shadowing w/ 3 diff general dentists. Childrens dental health clinic volunteer 100 hours, Food distribution centers 62 total (2 diff locations), Leadership position for tennis club and pre-dental club. Dental outreach to elementary schools 10 hours total. Other smaller volunteering events.
That is verry good stats!! Did you apply to other schools too? And, do you have any tricky questions for the interview?
 
That is verry good stats!! Did you apply to other schools too? And, do you have any tricky questions for the interview?
Ya I applied to 13 schools and got 2 Pre december (waitlisted & rejected) then I got 5 Post december interviews (waiting to hear back for 4 of them and 1 acceptance) No tricky questions at all. Straightforward and conversational. I was asked about specific things from my app like these tooth waxing courses I took and then I was asked what is one thing I would change about myself (ie what is a weakness)
 
Ya I applied to 13 schools and got 2 Pre december (waitlisted & rejected) then I got 5 Post december interviews (waiting to hear back for 4 of them and 1 acceptance) No tricky questions at all. Straightforward and conversational. I was asked about specific things from my app like these tooth waxing courses I took and then I was asked what is one thing I would change about myself (ie what is a weakness)
Thank you, It was very helpful. When did you apply? You have a great stats, I am sure you ll do well 🙂
 
Me too. So where do you stay at around the school the night before the interview? We can hangout and talk before the interview. I am so nervous 🙁
 
Me too. So where do you stay at around the school the night before the interview? We can hangout and talk before the interview. I am so nervous 🙁
I will be arriving the day of, and plan to go straight to campus. I might just get to Touro an hour early, so if you'd want I'd be happy to meet you there 🙂) Good luck with the interview though!!
 
For anyone that responded that they will be attending the 2/26 interview date, did you receive a confirmation email? I didn't receive one and now I am in panic mode...
I didn’t yet. Someone told me they responded to them the next day. Done I got mine on Friday I expect the confirmation on Monday.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently declined my offer. Hopefully one of you gets the acceptance instead! I interviewed Jan 8th and was accepted Jan 9th.
 
Does anyone have their application change from Reviewed/Invitation for interview to None when the AADSAS closed this cycle? I have interview nextweek so i dont know what that status meant?
 
Does anyone have their application change from Reviewed/Invitation for interview to None when the AADSAS closed this cycle? I have interview nextweek so i dont know what that status meant?
It means that you have an interview coming up and should instead worry about that rather than something that you have no control over.

To answer your question, once your interview is confirmed, your status changes to "none".