****The Official UAB Dental Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Got the call at 4 pm y'all! Interview set for August 5th!
Yeah son, congrats!! I told u not to worry u beast!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!! Do you know what the other dates were / if that's just a special OOS day? August 5 seems so early!
I was told on the phone that all interviews are on Wednesdays, starting aug 5th, but now that I think of it I suppose she could've just been talking about OOS

Thanks guys! Haha I didn't expect y'all would have all the answers to my questions but it was worth a shot to ask. Congrats to you both!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Invited to interview as well! Requested August 12th because I have a training requirement for my job on the 5th. OOS. Supp app received email was yesterday.

Reactions: 1 users
I also got an interview, August 12! :)
OOS, oGPA: 3.76, sGPA: 3.5, AA: 22, TS: 22, PAT: 20

Reactions: 2 users
Any action from UAB? Been a long time since someone posted on here. Any news?

From last year's thread it looks like the supplemental might be something they mail to you? For those who received it, did you get it by mail or was it online?

I received it in the mail.
Darn. I'm an instate resident but I'm currently at college pretty far from Alabama. Didn't want to have to wait for snail mail haha.
Thanks!

Hmm I haven't received it to mailing address, I wonder if it was sent to my permanent?

Hmm I haven't received it to mailing address, I wonder if it was sent to my permanent?
Are you in state? They send the supplemental to all Alabama residents but not to all out of state people according to their website

Members don't see this ad :)
received the supplemental in the mail. received an interview via phone! Aug 28th! OOS, NC resident!!! Super Excited, my FIRST interview! ROLL TIDE!!! haha

Reactions: 1 user
received the supplemental in the mail. received an interview via phone! Aug 28th! OOS, NC resident!!! Super Excited, my FIRST interview! ROLL TIDE!!! haha
Reaaaally don't want to burst your bubble, but UAB isn't the roll tide school haha.
But congrats on your interview!!!

I'm pretty sure they aren't roll tide. I might be wrong though. UA and UAB are different in terms of mascot and colors.... Since UA is the crimson tide and UAB's school colors are white green and gold I'm pretty sure they don't go by roll tide.

Reaaaally don't want to burst your bubble, but UAB isn't the roll tide school haha.
But congrats on your interview!!!

You beat me to it lol

hahaha! Glad I didn't do that like at the end of my interview!!!
Haha you can try Go Blazers if you want :)

For reference:
Roll Tide is University of Alabama at Tuscaloosa (~1 hour from Birmingham)
Go Blazers is UAB (in the middle of Birmingham)

Yeah, definitely don't make that mistake when you interview. I also feel like even though they are reinstating their football program, it is probably a touch subject especially since Bama's is a perennial powerhouse.

Yeah, definitely don't make that mistake when you interview. I also feel like even though they are reinstating their football program, it is probably a touch subject especially since Bama's is a perennial powerhouse.
Well Alabama/Auburn are basically the only sports teams people have down here since there aren't really any major professional teams aside from like minor league baseball. I think a lot of native Alabamians who go to UAB still root for Alabama or Auburn because it's what you grow up with and that's the rivalry. And I don't think UAB ever played either team in recent memory. The football subject at UAB is touchy though. It's been weird... and you probably shouldn't mention it haha. But their basketball is decent.
*begins a more thorough research of all schools applied to*
Lol definitely do your research, but this yours is probably one of the more common mistakes that people make since they are both University of Alabamas. But at least now you know. Good luck!!

Interviewing on Wed so the worry is starting to set in!

yea I've researched all of my schools (the Dental school anyways) but not much on the overall school, hence learning the hard way that UA is not UAB..

It went well I think! Honestly, it is hard to say because everyone was genuinely nice. The students and faculty we spoke with were extremely kind and told us to just relax. Nothing about that day was stressful at all. The interview is fairly short (~20 min or so) and they ask the standard questions. It is more of a conversation so what they ask depends on what you say when you talk about yourself. It is a great school and I would be honored to go there!

It went well I think! Honestly, it is hard to say because everyone was genuinely nice. The students and faculty we spoke with were extremely kind and told us to just relax. Nothing about that day was stressful at all. The interview is fairly short (~20 min or so) and they ask the standard questions. It is more of a conversation so what they ask depends on what you say when you talk about yourself. It is a great school and I would be honored to go there!

Was it a group interview or one-on-one? And only one interview with one faculty member? I interview this Wednesday, starting to get nervous!

Was it a group interview or one-on-one? And only one interview with one faculty member? I interview this Wednesday, starting to get nervous!

Good luck! Check the interview surveys for more info, but it is one individual interview with four faculty.

Anyone IS get an interview yet? Got an email about two hours ago saying my supplemental was received and now I'm nervous because apparently it takes them like 20 seconds to call you after the email :nailbiting:

Anyone IS get an interview yet? Got an email about two hours ago saying my supplemental was received and now I'm nervous because apparently it takes them like 20 seconds to call you after the email :nailbiting:
I would say that's completely wrong. I got an interview, and it took them 10 days to contact me after they had received my supplemental and fee.

I would say that's completely wrong. I got an interview, and it took them 10 days to contact me after they had received my supplemental and fee.
Really? Ok good I feel better. I was just basing that off of this thread haha.

Congrats by the way!!

Got an interview invite August 7th! Will be interviewing on September 23rd!

I'd be interested to hear some of the stats for the in-state applicants if you guys don't mind sharing!

I'd be interested to hear some of the stats for the in-state applicants if you guys don't mind sharing!
You got it, dude
oGPA: 3.8 , sGPA: 3.6
DAT: 23AA, 23TS, 21 PA

UAB received my supplemental about a week ago. No interview yet though. Starting to get nervous :(

Do they only give our supplementals to in state? Also is UAB OOS friendly?

I wouldn't say it is friendly because at most 10-15% of the class is OOS. But then you need to look into what states they take most students from.

I wouldn't say it is friendly because at most 10-15% of the class is OOS. But then you need to look into what states they take most students from.
True, but that might also be because the majority of people who are interested in applying to UAB are from the south anyway.
Im OOS and have an interview next week.. Im also a veteran so I don't know if that factored in much or not
Good luck!!

How long did it take you to get an interview after UAB received your supplemental back? I'm getting anxious!

They give them to all in-state and select out of state people
It took a good 3 weeks or so but that was because my committee letter wasn't submitted. You will be okay!

It took a good 3 weeks or so but that was because my committee letter wasn't submitted. You will be okay!
My letter's been in the whole time though. Ahh I hope so. Congrats to you, though!

They cashed my check yesterday. Hopefully good sign? Ahh every time I check my phone, there's disappointment. Oh and sorry for being annoying on this thread haha

To all the OOS applications who got the supplementary, are any of you still waiting for an interview invite?

Asking because I'm OOS and got the supplementary today so I was just wondering what the chances of landing an interview are

I am still waiting for an invite and I got the supplementary.

UAB received my supplemental and money on 8/10 and I haven't heard anything since. Here's my stats:
GPA: 3.81, DAT 23AA....... I am in state (AL) and am worried since I haven't heard anything yet! I think my committee letter hasn't been uploaded yet (my school takes forever to do this....). Do you think that is the reason that I haven't received a call for an interview or anything?!?! I submitted more applications to 3 more schools today because I am freaking out! haha

UAB received my supplemental and money on 8/10 and I haven't heard anything since. Here's my stats:
GPA: 3.81, DAT 23AA....... I am in state (AL) and am worried since I haven't heard anything yet! I think my committee letter hasn't been uploaded yet (my school takes forever to do this....). Do you think that is the reason that I haven't received a call for an interview or anything?!?! I submitted more applications to 3 more schools today because I am freaking out! haha

Your app probably isn't complete without the committee letter, because if you don't get an interview we are all doomed