*** The Official UCSF School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Good to know that I'm not the only one. I have an Airbnb booked just in case. Look forward to meeting you!

I heard back a week before my interview so I would say you should hear back sometime today or tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Was offered a place to stay through DentStay this morning around 1 AM EST! Will be glady accepting.

For those who have interviewed or know what the program entails, do we get a ride ourselves (Uber, etc.) to the host's place and then they take care of the rest of the travel? Or is it somewhat different?

Are you receiving USCF webinar email if you got rejected?

Alright let's get this thread popping.......... Any advise for the interview? I got mine coming up and I have very limited time to prepare due to my full time job. Any advise is greatly appreciated!!

No advice needed - honestly it was probably the most casual and informal interview I’ve had out of all of mine. I’m pretty positive the interview barely matters for UCSF; they really are just looking to see that you don’t set off any red flags and can hold a conversation. No structured or prepared questions asked at all!

Reactions: 1 users
Was offered a place to stay through DentStay this morning around 1 AM EST! Will be glady accepting.

For those who have interviewed or know what the program entails, do we get a ride ourselves (Uber, etc.) to the host's place and then they take care of the rest of the travel? Or is it somewhat different?

Yep you Uber over and basically just hang out with whoever your host is for the night. Any additional expenses are up to you. There’s a pre-interview dinner that is paid for however.

Reactions: 2 users
No advice needed - honestly it was probably the most casual and informal interview I’ve had out of all of mine. I’m pretty positive the interview barely matters for UCSF; they really are just looking to see that you don’t set off any red flags and can hold a conversation. No structured or prepared questions asked at all!
Wow really? Not sure if I'm being set up here haha just kidding. Cool thanks, I'm usually pretty solid in interviews but UCSF is my dream school so I'm trying to prepare as much as possible! Thanks for the advise!

Last edited:
Yep you Uber over and basically just hang out with whoever your host is for the night. Any additional expenses are up to you. There’s a pre-interview dinner that is paid for however.

Great, thank you! What's the dress code for dinner? Jeans and sneakers acceptable, or should we dress more business casual?

Great, thank you! What's the dress code for dinner? Jeans and sneakers acceptable, or should we dress more business casual?

Super casual anything goes. Most people just wore a t shirt and jeans #California

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else interviewing on October 28th? I heard back from the DentStay program

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Help needed!! I just received an email from UCSF inviting for me to attend the 10/28 interview as they have a few cancellations. However, as I’m currently working in Asia, it’s difficult for me to arrange for traveling. I have two interviews on 11/2 and 11/8-9, and my boss approved me to leave from 10/31 to 11/11 (8 working days). It’s unlikely that he will let me to leave for a couple more days:( If I don’t attend the interview on 10/28, the next one is in January. My potential plan is to attend two interviews (10/27-11/3), come back to work, and later go to attend the last interview (11/7-11/10). Does it worth to spend $1000 more to have one more trip? In this plan, I’m also taking 8 days leave, so I guess my boss will approve it, but I’ll need spend more money. Or should I attend the interview in January so that I don’t have to travel back and forth?

Help needed!! I just received an email from UCSF inviting for me to attend the 10/28 interview as they have a few cancellations. However, as I’m currently working in Asia, it’s difficult for me to arrange for traveling. I have two interviews on 11/2 and 11/8-9, and my boss approved me to leave from 10/31 to 11/11 (8 working days). It’s unlikely that he will let me to leave for a couple more days:( If I don’t attend the interview on 10/28, the next one is in January. My potential plan is to attend two interviews (10/27-11/3), come back to work, and later go to attend the last interview (11/7-11/10). Does it worth to spend $1000 more to have one more trip? In this plan, I’m also taking 8 days leave, so I guess my boss will approve it, but I’ll need spend more money. Or should I attend the interview in January so that I don’t have to travel back and forth?
Thats a tough one. I really dislike the fact that schools don't give us any available options besides what they have left. Like dental school is important, but we have other responsibilities......

Thats a tough one. I really dislike the fact that schools don't give us any available options besides what they have left. Like dental school is important, but we have other responsibilities......
I agree. They also don’t offer remote interviews or pay for our traveling expenses like other Masters or PhD programs.

This is a real tough situation - if I were you I'd also factor in how high UCSF is on your list of preferred schools, and how many other interviews you've been invited to. If it's lower on your list/you have a ton of other interviews, it might not be worth that much money just to interview a bit earlier. I also know a lot of people who interviewed after December who have still gotten into their schools.

I agree. They also don’t offer remote interviews or pay for our traveling expenses like other Masters or PhD programs.
Exactly! Even some medical schools in the US pay for their applicants travel expenses. I feel that most, if not all, dental schools feel they are doing their applicants a favor by inviting them to interview at their schools like we are not the ones who will be paying hundreds of thousands of dollars at their institutions. Even 70% of the dental schools explicitly tell you not to bug them after you submit your AADSAS application!! Like excuse me?? I'm paying you to review my application and I should have the right to be updated on my status lol I dont know maybe I'm just slightly salty.

This is a real tough situation - if I were you I'd also factor in how high UCSF is on your list of preferred schools, and how many other interviews you've been invited to. If it's lower on your list/you have a ton of other interviews, it might not be worth that much money just to interview a bit earlier. I also know a lot of people who interviewed after December who have still gotten into their schools.
UCSF is one of my top choices. I have two other interviews at UDM (11/2) and Indiana (11/8-9). I feel like UDM interview lots of people, so my acceptance chance is lower. UDM claimed that we can't reschedule interview unless we have a valid reason (eg. illness, death in family). I am thinking about declining my interview at UDM if I can't reschedule it.. but I feel bad for missing the chance.

UCSF is one of my top choices. I have two other interviews at UDM (11/2) and Indiana (11/8-9). I feel like UDM interview lots of people, so my acceptance chance is lower. UDM claimed that we can't reschedule interview unless we have a valid reason (eg. illness, death in family). I am thinking about declining my interview at UDM if I can't reschedule it.. but I feel bad for missing the chance.

With UDM it sounds like they give more interviews but if you got an interview from UCSF your stats should be strong so as long as you interview well you should be a shoe in

I discussed with my boss. I can attend all three interviews, but I’ll need to travel back and forth.

Are we supposed to fill out all the UCSF-specific financial aid forms before the interview date?

Just confirmed my interview! Based on my conservation with the school, they only have one Nov interview and it’s already full. The next one is on Jan 13. It seems like they have a list of priority for invitation. For those who didn’t get rejected, you still have hope.

Reactions: 1 users
I was wondering when your app was complete!
Just confirmed my interview! Based on my conservation with the school, they only have one Nov interview and it’s already full. The next one is on Jan 13. It seems like they have a list of priority for invitation. For those who didn’t get rejected, you still have hope.

Hello! For those of you have interviewed, have you all gotten your COLS login information? And if you are applying for full funding, what documents are required to be uploaded?

Has everyone received a “ continuing review” application status update e-mail for January interviews ?

Last edited:
Has everyone received a “ continuing review” application status update for January interviews ?
Mine still says “under review,” but I didn’t get invites yet. Did you get an invite for the interview on January??

Has everyone received a “ continuing review” application status update e-mail for January interviews ?
I received that email a few weeks back too. About how many post December interviews do you think they will send out?

Do pre-December interviewees get a rejection letter before 12/2? Or do we just assume it’s a rejection if there’s no call?

Got denied like a week ago. Best of luck to everyone!

I received that email a few weeks back too. About how many post December interviews do you think they will send out?
At my interview session, they said there will be 3 post-dec interview dates available. So there are chances! Good luck and stay positive!

Hi guys. I got a call a few minutes ago. Accepted and Dean's Scholarship :D!!! Goodluck, everyone!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Do you guys know when they stop calling?

Accepted via phone call at 12:44 PM (OOS, NJ)! No scholarship, though :/ Last name M.

Trying to convince myself that they went Dean's first, then going alphabetically until they hit my last name of Z :)

got the call at 12 pm central!!! I literally cried on the phone :soexcited:
My last name starts with N

Received call at 12:54PM EST. Last name starts with S.
Don't lose hope!!