*** The Official UCSF School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Got the call from the Dean herself at 11:07 AM PST. Last name H

Members don't see this ad.

Same! Just got the call at 1:20pm central! I was anxious since the morning

Reactions: 1 user
seems like last names are going pretty randomly :( still keeping my fingers crossed

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the under consideration email :(

Reactions: 1 users
Is there anyone who did interview, but did not get the "No decision" email? Or did anyone who interviewed get a rejection? Just trying to gauge how many people are in the "no decision" standing.

I interviewed Oct 28 and was given under consideration. Not sure if this is the same thing as waitlist?

I think it's sort of like an informal waitlist. It's neutral, we haven't been rejected nor accepted...guess we just gotta wait for mid-February.

Accepted via call from Julia at 11AM PST!!! So ecstatic, I'm going to be the first person with a doctorate in my family!!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know whether we need to re-send our college transcripts to UCSF if we graduated a year ago and are not currently enrolled in any classes? I just saw on the provisional offer email that transcripts for all previous colleges attended must be sent within 3 weeks but I thought this was only required for applicants who are still in school.

everyone is automatically considered for the dean's scholarship, there's no separate application - it's up to the committee to decide.
well this sucks. I didn't get it. Good stuff for those of you who did though! What are your stats if i may ask...

Did any of your faculty interviewers email you congratulating you and asking for a time to speak?

Did any of your faculty interviewers email you congratulating you and asking for a time to speak?

I just spoke with a faculty member, not one I interviewed with. But it was very casual asking me if I had any questions.

Just got a call today! She left a voicemail. Not sure what I'd talk about on the call but we'll see I guess lol.

Does anyone know when will they send out the next round of interviews?? I submitted my application really late (first week of Oct.) and still haven't heard back regarding a decision...

Does anyone know when post-December interviews will be given out?

Exactly. I have no questions and I need no convincing.
I ended up asking pretty general questions about housing, what I can do right now to prepare for school next year, etc. I was happy to talk with her though, I couldn't have gotten the offer without her recommendation

Rejected via Email

Seems like the next wave of rejection/ interview is coming up...

Would you mind sharing your application completion date??

Anyone here submitted late - early October and heard back yet?

Got an interview at 3:39PM PST today!
Interview date is on 1/17/20

Reactions: 2 users
Received an interview invite today as well for 1/13. Honestly, I'm a little shocked, but grateful!

I applied october and got accepted on Dec 2nd

Got an invite 2 days ago for Jan, will be declining. Hopefully, someone else will get a chance. Good luck to everyone!

For those who will interview in January... did you receive that 45 min long prep video?

submitted mid sept.

For those who have already accepted their offers, have you heard back from admissions?

For those who have already accepted their offers, have you heard back from admissions?

Yep, there's been a Ms Daliah Williams sending out email updates whenever they receive one of the required materials!

For those who will interview in January... did you receive that 45 min long prep video?

Is there a shareable link to that video...? I'm also interviewing in January but it's weird that some people got that video and others did not.....What was the title of that email?

Is there a shareable link to that video...? I'm also interviewing in January but it's weird that some people got that video and others did not.....What was the title of that email?
Would really appreciate that as well!

Buena suerte :)

Has anyone who interviewed pre-december been accepted after receiving the "no decision has been made" email on december 2nd?

For those who interviewed on Jan. 24th, did they tell you when you would hear back from them?

For those who interviewed on Jan. 24th, did they tell you when you would hear back from them?

They mentioned that all January interviewees will hear back by end of February (feels like forever!)