*** The Official UF Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you got an interview, I'm still waiting for the supplemental. My application was mailed out 07/15.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know what a Gatorlink ID invitation is? I received this email a few weeks after I submitted my supplemental.

Does anyone know what a Gatorlink ID invitation is? I received this email a few weeks after I submitted my supplemental.

The gatorlink is for you to check your application status. Everytime I logged in it just said that the dental school will contact me. And it did happen..
If you get an interview, they will reach you through email..
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Update: email this morning saying "your application is in queue to be reviewed."

Reactions: 2 users
I filled out my supplemental application about two weeks ago, and was prompted to sign up for a gatorlink account today, is this a good sign an interview is coming?

received an interview invite for aug 17th!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow that's not much notice lol, congrats!

that's what I said. "omg I got my first interview!"... "OMFG it's in 2 weeks". Good thing I already have a suit, or else I would've walked in there looking like the high sparrow from game of thrones

that's what I said. "omg I got my first interview!"... "OMFG it's in 2 weeks". Good thing I already have a suit, or else I would've walked in there looking like the high sparrow from game of thrones

Do you know how UF interview would be? I know someone said its 3 people during the interview, but how long and how harsh? Lol I'm scared it's not laid back?

Do you know how UF interview would be? I know someone said its 3 people during the interview, but how long and how harsh? Lol I'm scared it's not laid back?

20 minutes and it depends on your interviewers. I've heard horror stories in years past, but lately only positive experiences. it won't be laid back, but it shouldn't be a roast either haha

lol maybe I should get mine tailored soon just in case

Do they give you a list of options or is it just "this is your interview date"?

They don't give you a choice, they tell you the day and time. At least for me.

they just give you a specific date and time. I'm sure you could rearrange it however if you have a valid excuse and notify them asap

Wait 20 min total with all 3 interviewers and that's it? Lol
Yea interviews can last between like 10 to 40 minutes, there isn't a set time. Mine was approximately 20. 3 to 4 interviewers in the same room with you and they take turns asking questions. The day is filled with fun activities, a tour, and lunch though so expect to stay for several hours,

Hello everyone,
I sent my application 06/27 and it was mailed out 07/15. On the AADSAS status update, it says under review since 07/12. I have not received the supplemental yet. Should I be worried? My stats: 20 AA, 21 TS, 21 RC.

never mind. you just got an interview invitation. Congrats!

hey guys, I am OOS and my app was mailed out on 7/29. It has been under review on AADSAS since 7/27 for UF. I just received an email saying that my app "has been added to the queue to be reviewed". Does that mean I will not get a secondary?

Anyone who already interviewed have any tips? like where to park and that sort of thing.

Anyone who already interviewed have any tips? like where to park and that sort of thing.

I would suggest to get there a half hour early to settle in and get to know people. Fifteen minutes before will feel rushed in my opinion. I visited the day before to ensure I knew exactly where the room was. The Interview Day page they send with the invitation covers parking and I recommend that because it's close. They offer 20 minute free parking if you just want to visit ahead of time, then it'll be $10 for the day. You can park towards the back of it and take the elevator to come straight out at that West entrance. Staff is super sweet if you get lost at any point, but overall, it's pretty easy to find your way around. Definitely have fun and enjoy the experience. It's a remarkable school and I had a blast on interview day.

Last edited:

I called 2 hours after I received the interview email and was able to move mine out 1 month, they had scheduled mine 3 weeks out on a wednesday and i'm OOS and working full time so that would've been impossible. I asked nicely and was super grateful they accommodated me

Get there a half hour early to settle in and get to know people. Fifteen minutes before will feel rushed in my opinion. I visited the day before to ensure I knew exactly where the room was. The Interview Day page they send with the invitation covers parking and I recommend that because it's close. They offer 20 minute free parking if you just want to visit ahead of time, then it'll be $10 for the day. You can park towards the back of it and take the elevator to come straight out at that West entrance. Staff is super sweet if you get lost at any point but overall it's pretty easy to find your way around. Definitely have fun and enjoy the experience, it's a remarkable school and I had a blast on interview day.
Should I bring money for lunch too? lol

Hello future dental students, I am currently a D2 at UF. Message me if you need a place to stay for your interview at a very cheap price of $25.
Good luck on this cycle ;)

Should I bring money for lunch too? lol

Oh sorry, they feed you too. Lol. Stock up too because I wish I would have gotten more. It was delicious with both chicken or vegetarian option pasta. I think lunch was around noon maybe but I don't remember

hey guys, I am OOS and my app was mailed out on 7/29. It has been under review on AADSAS since 7/27 for UF. I just received an email saying that my app "has been added to the queue to be reviewed". Does that mean I will not get a secondary?
Don't worry, I got the same and a week later I got the supplemental. 3 days later, got the interview invite.

Does anyone know who is the person that decides who gets an interview invite? Just curiois

Yeah I looked into that page and seems like there's a lot of them who interview, I just wasn't sure who of those picks people that get the interview
How would any of us predents know and what would it really matter? You gonna call em up and offer a bribe? Lol

Sent from my SM-G550T using SDN mobile

Does anyone know roughly how many people get interviewed each interview day?

I believe 24 students were interviewed on July 27th (they take/send a picture at the end, I counted just now)

Would they send interview invite if one of the prerequisites had a failing grade and isn't registered for planned courses in the future?

DMD Interview Invitation!
Florida Resident in fact Alachua County Resident
Supplemental Application Complete: 8/3/16
Interview Invitation: 8/16/16
Interview Date: 9/14/16

Go Gators!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Interview invitation received today.
Florida Resident.
Supplemental Complete 8/12
Interview Date 9/14

I have an interview for a different school the following day and have already scheduled a flight out the same day as my UF interview. Has anybody had to reschedule their interview date yet? I called and left a voicemail this morning.

Interview invitation received today.
Florida Resident.
Supplemental Complete 8/12
Interview Date 9/14

I have an interview for a different school the following day and have already scheduled a flight out the same day as my UF interview. Has anybody had to reschedule their interview date yet? I called and left a voicemail this morning.

I posted this earlier so i'll copy/paste:
I called 2 hours after I received the interview email and was able to move mine out 1 month, they had scheduled mine 3 weeks out on a wednesday and i'm OOS and working full time so that would've been impossible. I asked nicely and was super grateful they accommodated me

I had to call twice and they knew exactly who I was when I called (caller ID? I never said my name and when they addressed my application and email by name I was like whaaa)

Congrats to everybody who received an interview! I really hope UF shows some love to me and I would LOVE to have the opportunity to interview here!!! While not a student at UF, I basically bleed orange and blue!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Congrats to everybody who received an interview! I really hope UF shows some love to me and I would LOVE to have the opportunity to interview here!!! While not a student at UF, I basically bleed orange and blue!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Me as well. I would love to have the opportunity to interview here. Getting into UF is a dream of mine especially since I was rejected there for my undergraduate. I am super stoked though to have a second chance now that I brought my stats up compared to high school. Although I just e submitted I really am just waiting for my GPA to be verified at this point. Hopefully it isn't too late for me :(

Last edited:
I spoke with one of adcom members and we decided to delay my interview date to sometime before December this year. Please don't ask why cause I won't be able to answer this to you until everything is complete.

However, I wanted to let others know that according to this person, as long as you have an interview before December, your chances are identical to those with pre-december interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.