*** The Official UF Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Started by catalysts
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I spoke with one of adcom members and we decided to delay my interview date to sometime before December this year. Please don't ask why cause I won't be able to answer this to you until everything is complete.

However, I wanted to let others know that according to this person, as long as you have an interview before December, your chances are identical to those with pre-december interviews.

I heard they go easier on you if your interview is earlier because you don't have as much time to prepare
 
I heard they go easier on you if your interview is earlier because you don't have as much time to prepare

That sounds like a rumor without any survey data or scientific studies.. as long as you talk about yourself, you should be fine. I think challenges coming from interviewing process are nothing compared to ones from D1.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just curious. I still have not got a supplemental application
When did you apply? I submitted early June, took my DAT later in the month and didn't hear from them until early August. So I would expect even more waiting time now that we're in the middle of the cycle.
 
When did you apply? I submitted early June, took my DAT later in the month and didn't hear from them until early August. So I would expect even more waiting time now that we're in the middle of the cycle.
I got an application recieved and processing email on 8/31 but when I spoke with them last (over the phone about a LOR that wasn't yet submitted ) I heard that they are very backed up. It's just very uneasy not hearing from my top choice school 🙁
 
For those staying overnight, where did you stay? And how did you get to the interview in the morning? Got my interview a while ago but only getting around to the planning now...
 
DMD Interview Rescheduled
Florida Resident in fact Alachua County Resident
Supplemental Application Complete: 8/3/16
Interview Invitation: 8/16/16
Original Interview Date: 9/14/16
New Interview Date: 10/12/16

Go Gators!
 
For those staying overnight, where did you stay? And how did you get to the interview in the morning? Got my interview a while ago but only getting around to the planning now...

I would do air bnb. Gainesville is cheap but no need to spend a lot of money.
 
For the people that have interviewed here already: How was it like? and how was your schedule for the day?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anybody get an interview on October 19th? Looking to split a room at Reitz hotel which is right on campus, message me if youre interested
 
Anybody get an interview on October 19th? Looking to split a room at Reitz hotel which is right on campus, message me if youre interested
My interview is on 19th as well, in the afternoon; I am planning to stay at my friend's; if it gets cancelled i'll let you know to split a room. Are you scheduled for afternoon or morning?
 
I have an interview at UF on Wednesday. Any tips? Is there anything specific I need to look over? I heard its pretty intense.
 
I have an interview at UF on Wednesday. Any tips? Is there anything specific I need to look over? I heard its pretty intense.
Hello. I had an interview there and I was told it was going to be my hardest interview and it was gonna be intimidating and intense, so I already got there super nervous... but let me tell you, I had a great time! Everyone was so nice and I was not intimidated at all, so most importantly just be yourself because this interview is about you, remember they like your application or you wouldn't be there, try to stay calm and you are going to be great! Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Status
Not open for further replies.