****The Official UNC Class of 2018 Thread****

Nope, no change, and one of my interviewers called.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope there are more calls to go out still. I would think so...

Congrats to those who have received the call! I really hope I get a call! Just wondering, did anyone accepted have their aadsas status changed or any indication other than phone call? my aadsas status says "received/under review".

Just got the call from UNC! :soexcited: I believe one of the interviewers will call at his/her convenient time. And no portal update for me. Mine called during patient care :p

Congrats everyone. It's my understanding that UNC won't really send out a continued interest email or rejection just yet. I think they are only letting some candidates know of their acceptances. So even if you don't get a call today, you're not necessarily out of the running. I don't think anyone's status has changed yet either. Let's keep those calls coming!

Congrats to all of you! Still haven't heard anything....I'm so nervous.

Congrats on those who got a call! I think last year they called like over 3 days even after updating the portal. Has the portal updated for those of you who got a call? Waiting is so painful haha...I keep checking like every 2 min...can't focus on anything else

Members don't see this ad :)
I really really really hope there are more phone calls to be made...I still haven't heard anything all day. My friend is a D1 and he didn't hear from his interviewer until three days later; he said they call at their own discretion.

Reactions: 1 user
I called around 3:15 and they said that there are no calls for tomorrow. How do we know if we are moved to the January cycle?

I still think it's possible we may hear some more tomorrow just based on previous cycles. In years past it's taken a few days to get all the calls out...we will see. There should be a status change soon too for folks.

This is what happened to me last year. I waited by my phone all day on Monday and Tuesday and then on Friday my AADSAS will change to "Denied". Last year I heard the same thing from the office about all calls being finished, however there are reports from this forum and elsewhere that calls were also made on Tuesday. I really need that phone call today!

Mine says received/under review as of 11/11, two days after my interview. I'm still hoping for that call and trying to stay positive! Goodluck everyone!

I think they usually update the portals after all the acceptances have went out. I am really scared that this means the calls are done!

I imagine there are still lots of spots. Don't lose hope! I'm sure we will hear something after their January interview date!

Reactions: 1 users
Still wondering about the scholarships... I know that in the past, they let people know over the phone (during their acceptance call) that they would be receiving one. I am sort of shocked, though, that nobody from SDN who applied would have received one! You are all some stellar applicants.

@T33thobsession, I just realized that I accidentally "liked your post! AH! I didn't mean to! Sorry! How mean would that be?!

Also, January invites should go out without the next two weeks, I'm sure! Exciting! :)

Update for y'all The next chance of any of us being accepted will be on Feb, 3rd 2014. Roughly 53 spots were offered but some of those people may decline. If you do not hear anything on 02/03/14 then you have been denied or waitlisted.

Update for y'all The next chance of any of us being accepted will be on Feb, 3rd 2014. Roughly 53 spots were offered but some of those people may decline. If you do not hear anything on 02/03/14 then you have been denied or waitlisted.

Thanks for the update. I interviewed in September and knew it would be a slim chance of acceptance since I'm an OOS applicant. UNC was near the top of my wish list and I was grateful for the interview. I got accepted to another of my top choices yesterday and plan to accept. I thought I understood since I wasn't accepted to UNC yesterday, my app would be thrown back in the mix to consider with the January interviewees. I'll be sure to contact UNC to withdraw myself from further consideration. One less competing for a spot!

Congrats to all those accepted and best of luck to the rest of you. I hope you will be hearing great news very soon!

Dang, so those of us still waiting to hear, will have to wait another 2 months to even know if we're waitlisted?

So, for those of you who are picking UNC over ECU... What are the big reasons why you are doing so? Is it just because UNC is more established? I'm just curious for opinions. :)

:heckyeah: Just got an interview invite for UNC in January!!

Reactions: 1 users
soo if we haven't gotten an email yet that probably means we didn't get the interview correct?

soo if we haven't gotten an email yet that probably means we didn't get the interview correct?
I'm not absolutely sure. I know that we have until Friday to accept the interview. I'm not sure what happens when people do not accept the invite.

For every other interview date, they have sent out the invites in one large batch (thus, at the same time).

Has anyone that has sent in their deposit for the acceptance received a confirmation yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Have you all been able to set up your onyen and/or UNC e-mail address?

I finally got my onyen up and running, but now my e-mail is giving me fits. I think I might be running into problems because the school still hasn't marked us as actual matriculants, although I don't know why not if we've sent in our deposits. It just seems like we would want to set up our e-mails and whatnot sooner than later, just in case the school wants to contact us that way. Maybe I'm trying to rush things, but I know that other schools (such as ECU) gave instructions to set up an e-mail account immediately.

Anyone else get it all set up? :)

Has UNC sent out their last round of interviews for this cycle?

Did anyone else's status change from "Invited to Interview" to "Received/Under Review"?

Mine did and I interviewed on Jan 11 th. I think they all do after interview. At least that is what others have said
Did anyone else's status change from "Invited to Interview" to "Received/Under Review"?[/quot

Does anyone know exactly when we will find out about UNC? I looked on the website and it just says the end of January.

Does anyone know exactly when we will find out about UNC? I looked on the website and it just says the end of January.

Last year, accepted students heard back on the 30th. (via the UNC thread for 2017)

Did you guys see this? He is saying 2/3 we will find out.