***The Official UNE Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone interviewed yet? Any tips for the interview??

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    2 MB · Views: 56
Hey guys, does UNE send rejections after reviewing your app or if you just don't hear back by December is a soft rejection?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Anyone that had their application complete in August get an interview yet?

For anyone who already interviewed, are the MMI questions more like specific scenarios (I.e an ethical scenario) or more questions about yourself?

Would it be too late if I submitted my application by the end of the month? I won't have the funds to do so until then.

Hey guys, does UNE send rejections after reviewing your app or if you just don't hear back by December is a soft rejection?

I beliebe they have one post dec wave they send out, so keep your head up!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone knows how many interview waves are there left?

Members don't see this ad :)
Also got an interview invite for the 15th!
Interview # 3
KS resident
3.2/3.4 sgpa/cgpa
21/21/23/18 AA/TS/RC/PAT

Last edited:
Interview number two!! I am so excited.:))) I'm interviewing on October 15th too! I cannot wait to meet everyone!

Does anyone know if they are done sending out supplemental applications? I was really hoping for an interview from this school but have not heard from them since I paid the supplemental fee. Submitted app first week of June but app was complete first week of August due to them waiting on DAT score

Just got an interview today for the first week of November!

Thanks!
Notification date: 10/11
Method of notification: Email
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/22
Application complete date: 9/05
GPA (science, overall): 3.5, 3.6
DAT: 19AA, 20TS

Hey guys. For those who interviewed, were your MMIs about scenarios only? Or did they include stuff from your application?

Just got invited to interview on the 12th

Reactions: 1 users
Interview number two!! I am so excited.:))) I'm interviewing on October 15th too! I cannot wait to meet everyone!
Hi Moobear!!! How did your interview go? would you mind sharing what the day was like? How many applicants are interviewed in a day? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hey guys, I am interviewing at UNE in a few days and I was wondering if anyone had any advice or wanted to share their experience? This is my first interview so I am super nervous!
Thanks guys!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I am interviewing at UNE in a few days and I was wondering if anyone had any advice or wanted to share their experience? This is my first interview so I am super nervous!
Thanks guys!

I would review common questions online they sometimes uses common questions. When did you apply drawingdentist?

Thank you for your response OG of OC! I applied around mid August I believe, don't have the exact date on me right now!

Thanks guys!

If it's not too late already to share my piece, I would just like to say be yourself! I know it's cliche advice, but there really is no concrete way to prepare for the MMI. What can help is researching typical MMI questions and ethical scenarios just to engage the brain on this type of thinking, but I've been through the MMI experience twice at UNE and I've never come across the same question between UNE and my own online research. There are six stations total and whole process will take an hour. You may feel nervous at the first station, but for me personally, those nerves calmed down after each station and my answers felt more confident as I moved on from room to room. If you think you did poorly in one station, don't fret! You get five more chances to pitch your best. Forget it and move on :) Even though the entire duration is an hour, it all goes by so quickly and you'll probably say to yourself by the end, "Eh, it wasn't so bad after all!" So breathe, give good handshakes, show your best smile, and most importantly, be yourself. That's all you can do.

If it's not too late already to share my piece, I would just like to say be yourself! I know it's cliche advice, but there really is no concrete way to prepare for the MMI. What can help is researching typical MMI questions and ethical scenarios just to engage the brain on this type of thinking, but I've been through the MMI experience twice at UNE and I've never come across the same question between UNE and my own online research. There are six stations total and whole process will take an hour. You may feel nervous at the first station, but for me personally, those nerves calmed down after each station and my answers felt more confident as I moved on from room to room. If you think you did poorly in one station, don't fret! You get five more chances to pitch your best. Forget it and move on :) Even though the entire duration is an hour, it all goes by so quickly and you'll probably say to yourself by the end, "Eh, it wasn't so bad after all!" So breathe, give good handshakes, show your best smile, and most importantly, be yourself. That's all you can do.
Hello thanks so much for this. What did you think about the school in general?

Hello thanks so much for this. What did you think about the school in general?

I personally liked the school! It has a smaller class size and it's situated in Portland which is apparently a good location with its many restaurants (I didn't have time to explore unfortunately). I got good vibes about it. I especially liked the sound of the externship opportunity during fourth year and the students there seemed to like the education they received overall. Even if they're a fairly new school, they still seemed pretty grounded in their mission and the facilities looked nice from what I remember. Good luck at your upcoming interview!

I personally liked the school! It has a smaller class size and it's situated in Portland which is apparently a good location with its many restaurants (I didn't have time to explore unfortunately). I got good vibes about it. I especially liked the sound of the externship opportunity during fourth year and the students there seemed to like the education they received overall. Even if they're a fairly new school, they still seemed pretty grounded in their mission and the facilities looked nice from what I remember. Good luck at your upcoming interview!
That's exactly how I felt about it! I loved the school. I think that they seem to be really caring and invested in their mission. The dean spent ample time with us answering our questions and talking about their program. The students were really helpful and seemed to love being students there. The MMI was different, but definitely not bad. You won't find their questions anywhere online like someone else said. They were all unique IMO. Prior to going I wasn't sure how I'd feel about attending there because I'm OOS, but now I can definitely see myself being really happy there! I would be thrilled to be accepted. The area of Portland is really fun, I went to a bunch of different restaurants/breweries while there. There is even a Meadery there!! It's called Maine Mead Works and I would highly recommend checking it out! If you can, I would definitely hang out there for an extra day or two to explore the area. :) GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi Moobear!!! How did your interview go? would you mind sharing what the day was like? How many applicants are interviewed in a day? Thanks :)
hey! it went pretty good:) mmi was not what I expected. The day was pretty much just the interview, tour and lunch. It went really fast. I cannot remember how many interviewed. Do you have an interview coming up?

hey! it went pretty good:) mmi was not what I expected. The day was pretty much just the interview, tour and lunch. It went really fast. I cannot remember how many interviewed. Do you have an interview coming up?
Can you expand on why MMI wasnt what you expected? What do you think would have helped you feel more prepared?

Hey! Do any of you all remember if UNE said they would let us know at midnight or if it would be during standard business hours?

Hey! Do any of you all remember if UNE said they would let us know at midnight or if it would be during standard business hours?
I wanna say it’s going to be the morning since they call

My top choice, still waiting for an interview though

Congratulations to those who receive acceptances tomorrow.

Goodluck Claudia-pre-dent!! Hope you get an interview soon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.