THE OFFICIAL UNE ONLINE COURSE THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll be retaking it...

Did you use the full 16 weeks, and/or the extension they offer? Yeah...no I totally get how hard UNECOM courses are. Their biochemistry course destroyed me...probably should re-take it. lol

Members don't see this ad.

Did you use the full 16 weeks, and/or the extension they offer? Yeah...no I totally get how hard UNECOM courses are. Their biochemistry course destroyed me...probably should re-take it. lol

I got a C-. I took the course while taking a full course load and studying for the MCAT. I'm going to retake it without any other additional courses, and will aim to finish it asap.

@Two Sides

How was organic II? Was it easy? I am debating on taking it at the college I am currently attending or doing it through UNE. Your thoughts and anyone's else are appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Two Sides

How was organic II? Was it easy? I am debating on taking it at the college I am currently attending or doing it through UNE. Your thoughts and anyone's else are appreciated.

Not gonna lie, it was pretty easy. I studied kaplan biochem for the mcat, and most of the stuff prepared me for organic 2. The course isn't full biochem, but rather an overview of each topic. Also, open book helps a lot.

I am going to sign up for this class asap. Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: I am just going to retake O Chem II at my current school.

Last edited:
help please! Can anyone who has taken online pre-req's through unecom let me know how the course shows up on your transcript at the end? In other words, will AAMCOS be able to tell that it was taken online? I'm looking to retake bio for grade replacement online, all my other pre-req's were completed at my university. I'm slightly concerned that it says "medical biology" through unecom, and that it won't be able to actually replace my biology grade from undergrad because it's not an identical course. Thank you!!!

Has anyone taken UNE Microbiology Lab? Busy with a full time job ATM and curious to what the time commitment looks like...

help please! Can anyone who has taken online pre-req's through unecom let me know how the course shows up on your transcript at the end? In other words, will AAMCOS be able to tell that it was taken online? I'm looking to retake bio for grade replacement online, all my other pre-req's were completed at my university. I'm slightly concerned that it says "medical biology" through unecom, and that it won't be able to actually replace my biology grade from undergrad because it's not an identical course. Thank you!!!

AACOMAS won't state UNE is online, but I'm pretty sure all DO schools know UNE courses are online. You could call individual schools and ask. I also had the same question about completing the prefers at an in-class location, and then retaking them online. Apparently, it still counts as you completing it online.

Reactions: 1 user

Medical Biology should be able to replace Principles of Biology because it is equivalent in content and the number of credit hours. I don't believe it states anywhere on a transcript that it is an online course.

@Two Sides
Did you contact schools that might have a problem with doing pre-requisites through UNE. I am strongly leaning towards taking O Chem II lecture through UNE.

@Two Sides
Did you contact schools that might have a problem with doing pre-requisites through UNE. I am strongly leaning towards taking O Chem II lecture through UNE.

NYITCOM stated they won't take online courses, but I never mentioned UNE. PCOM said they accept online courses, but it will make you less competitive (don't know how true this is). Most schools don't care at all.

Has anyone who has taken Physics I with lab at UNECOM, let me know how difficult it is please? and how long it took you to finish?

Has anyone who has taken Physics I with lab at UNECOM, let me know how difficult it is please? and how long it took you to finish?

It's really expensive. Lots of community colleges and universities offer physics I online. Unless you need the self paced format, I would look elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)

I've taken organic 2 from UNE, and thought it was pretty easy. I'm taking organic 1 as a retake, and it's so much harder than my in-class course. If you browse this thread, most people complain about the difficulty of various courses. That being said, I would seriously consider taking physics in-class due to partial credit shown for math.

It's really expensive. Lots of community colleges and universities offer physics I online. Unless you need the self paced format, I would look elsewhere.

any ideas. i've checked state universities here and community colleges and can't find any online physics courses.

I've taken organic 2 from UNE, and thought it was pretty easy. I'm taking organic 1 as a retake, and it's so much harder than my in-class course. If you browse this thread, most people complain about the difficulty of various courses. That being said, I would seriously consider taking physics in-class due to partial credit shown for math.

what do you mean to due to partial credit for math? you mean on the exams? since they are multiple choice?

what do you mean to due to partial credit for math? you mean on the exams? since they are multiple choice?

I took physics in-class, and got B's from partial credit. The questions were free response, so you would write forumulas from the given formula sheet, and plug in numbers. If you had some idea of what you were doing with the math, then you would receive some points. UNE, I believe is all multiple choice. You select an answer and it's either wrong or right. You could call and ask to be 100% sure.

Off the top of my head I can think of Dallas Community College and Northern Virginia Community College.

thanks. what sucks is for out of state, it's a similar cost as UNECOM. for NVCC physics I would cost ~1300-1400 since it is $342.50 per credit for OOS. Will look in-state. thanks :)

re UNE as an asinine entity, here is a sample quiz question:

So this question spans all of glycogenlysis, gluconeogenesis, glycolysis, including minor enzymes that catalyze intermediates. It also tests the effect of hormones on those systems.

It then tests you - on minor enzymes covering 3 gigantic, conditional pathways - whether these enzymes are activated or inactivated by phosphorylation.

There's not much intuition here - just brute force of wrote memorization of what's activated or inactivated by phosphorylation. On a series of interrelated pathways that cover about 100 products, intermediates, and enzymes.

This is about par for the course, and testing in this manner is completely - utterly - totally stupid. Unless you're trying to hand out a 2.5 in an attempt to gain credibility with medical schools, but doing so in a very underhanded way

If curved no big deal, but I heard they've stopped curving...lols

That question is a typical question on a real med school exam. It sounds like good training to me. If you can't handle this level of details for the rest of your life, it's not too early to consider an alternative career.

Medical Biology should be able to replace Principles of Biology because it is equivalent in content and the number of credit hours. I don't believe it states anywhere on a transcript that it is an online course.

I have a question about this as well.

Do all of these transfer like this? I haven't completed Org Chem or Bio II yet. I wanted to know if it will transfer to my undergrad school as Organic Chemistry or Biology II.

THANKS

I just found out that Dr. Manyan curves his Ochem. I class. I'm currently taking his class. I thought I had a C but learned I actually have a B+ because of the curve. I think I heard a few people say that Ochem. I is not curved. So I just thought I would put this information out there.

After emailing my prof for Biochemistry, I can confirm that there is no curve. Apparently the curve was only for one iteration of the course (Fall 2015). So according to my professor, all other iterations of the course (from Fall 2013 on) have not had a curve. Whether that's true or not, I don't know.

Apparently, the data from fall of 2015 and before has approximately a 30% A rate (note this includes A and A-). My professor did mention that for that one semester, there was no statistical significance in the grades (after curve)

With all of that being said, after taking the Unit 2 exam, I can confirm that this class is difficult if you're shooting for an A. The level of detail you need to know is very very high, and the quizzes are not reflective of the difficulty of the Unit Exam I studied probably 90 hours for Unit 2 (studying all of the Units 2 material initially + reviewing them for the exam) and only managed a 94%. If the other units are harder (which I assume they are from other people's comments about the Unit 4 material) then I would not recommend this class unless you absolutely have to take an online class. Expect to put 12~16 hours a week if you have no biochem background.

HELP! (Please and thanks) how long would it take to complete medical bio online if I'm taking other courses at my university?

NYITCOM stated they won't take online courses, but I never mentioned UNE. PCOM said they accept online courses, but it will make you less competitive (don't know how true this is). Most schools don't care at all.

A lot of schools will not let you take core classes online anymore. They are cutting down really bad.

A lot of schools will not let you take core classes online anymore. They are cutting down really bad.
I have all my pre-reqs completed at my university. I'm interested in retaking medical bio online for grade replacement. I'm wondering if it's worth it.

3-4 weeks, max. But more than half of your time will be spent on ecology.

I have all my pre-reqs completed at my university. I'm interested in retaking medical bio online for grade replacement. I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Some kid from Harvard, some kid from Uconn, some guy from a CC some kid from UNE.

Each has a 3.6.

Which are you going to take?

Harvard>Uconn>CC>>>>>>>>>>>>>UNE

For a grade replacement to work, AACOMAS says that the course must have the same name and represent the same amount of credits. If you took Bio and are trying to replace it with medical bio, then idk if that will work.

3-4 weeks, max. But more than half of your time will be spent on ecology.

Some kid from Harvard, some kid from Uconn, some guy from a CC some kid from UNE.

Each has a 3.6.

Which are you going to take?

Harvard>Uconn>CC>>>>>>>>>>>>>UNE
3-4 weeks max? Maybe it's because I haven't taken a science class in years but I think I'll need about 12 weeks (I'm enrolled in Bio now). Are you actually reading through each chapter? I find the lectures to be totally useless. Not asking in a snarky way, just looking to maximize my time and actually learn. I would love any advice on how to do this faster (from anyone). Usually I can listen to lectures, skim the book and knock it out. But I find myself having to read with a different level of depth here. Do you guys just use the Connect stuff to study?

Email AACOMAS with course descriptions of both the original course and UNE's med bio.

I've seen a lot of misinformation on here and I just want to clear something up for those of you who are wondering. UNE's online courses are NOT considerably more expensive than tuition at a regular school. Directly from the website:

"UNE Online Tuition for Science Prerequisites for Health Professions courses is $330 per credit hour plus $25 registration fee per class. Some classes have additional required course materials. Additional course material cost is not figured into the cost per credit hour. "

My in-state college tuition at a public institution is $380 per credit. (Obviously, it's going to be a lot more than that at a private college, upwards of $560 per credit). Harvard's extension program is between $350 and $637.50 per credit for an undergraduate pre-medical course taken online.

The only route that would guaranteed be cheaper is taking them at a community college, which is borderline discouraged/frowned upon for PRE-REQ'S (nothing wrong with taking other courses at a CC for credit to save some money).

^ Let me know if I'm wrong, but I checked tuition rates on school websites and that is what I found.

They're more than Harvard Extension's in person courses with full labs.

http://www.extension.harvard.edu/ac...gy/13096?_ga=1.104109952.165449012.1478306769

They're 150% more than UCBx's in person and online:

http://extension.berkeley.edu/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=41566

They're treble (300%) UT Austin's extension in person and online:

http://cie.austin.utexas.edu/uex-cm/courses/fundamentals-biochemistry?sku=17269124

And in return you get instruction that'd get insta-fired at any of those institutions, harsh grading, referred to youtube for content based questions, and less than 40% acceptance among MD. I appreciate that there are situations where using them is appropriate, but those situations are few and far between - notably that you're in Iraq and someone else is paying for it. Otherwise, take it at a community college, which is cheaper and more widely accepted, and often where instructional quality is higher than you'd expect.
Where is the cost listed on harvard's website? I clicked the cost link and nothing showed up. Also, une is 330 per credit WITH the lab, I called earlier today. You are correct about UC berkeley, however- I didn't know berkeley was an option, and it is indeed slightly cheaper than UNE (comes out to $316 per credit as opposed to UNE's $330).

This may have been posted earlier, but is it possible to take a series of courses during the same semester? I know it is a lot of work, but I was hoping to take Organic I,II. I looked on their website under FAQ's but I didn't find an answer.

I just finished Organic Chemistry 1 from UNE Online yesterday. I'll try and give you my honest take on it with info I was looking for before I took the class.

Course Info

Course: Organic Chemistry 1020 and 1020L (lab portion)
Instructor: Dr. Polly Ellerbe
Time Taken: August 3rd to November 6th, 2016 (13 1/2 weeks)
Book: Essential Organic Chemistry (Bruice), 2016 with Solutions Manual, Model Kit, and Online Pearson Access (extra practice homework)

Format

Lecture:

13 chapters of material, with one quiz per chapter
Mid-term exam after 6th chapter
Final exam after 13th chapter

Lab:
9 labs conducted through a virtual online lab (free with the class)
9 quizzes, one for each lab

Why I took this class

I work full time banker's hours, and my local community college didn't offer Organic Chem at night. UNE was the only option that I could find that was completely online with the lab. Lots of the other courses mentioned here require at least some in-person time. UNE was completely flexible within the 16 week time frame. After checking with the veterinary college I'm applying to and making sure they accepted this class, I enrolled.

Good:

With all the terrible reviews I've read on this thread and elsewhere online, I expected this to be horrific. All in all, I think, given my options, I would take it again. The new book, published this year, was actually very good. I went through every chapter, did every practice problem, and did most of the practice tests. I feel like I learned what was in the book very well.

The biggest "good" part of this class was my instructor. Dr. Ellerbe was absolutely awesome. Every question I had, every issue I had, she responded quickly and never dismissed me or my concerns. My #1 recommendation would be to take this class with her if you are going to take it with UNE.

There is also a generous curve applied to the end grade. I had an A in my quizzes, a B+ on my midterm, and a low B on my final. Even with that, I ended up with an A in the class. I had an A in the lab portion without the curve, so I don't know what the curve would have been there.

Bad:

The biggest issue was the match-up between what you learned in the book and what was in the weekly tests. MULTIPLE times, I was asked questions on the tests that were NOT taught in the book. Other times, the tests wanted you to remember obscure details from week's prior in order to get the question right. It was extremely frustrating! The saving grace was my instructor. Every time I brought up a discrepancy, she went and checked the book and learning materials. The majority of the time, I was right, and she would give me points back on questions I had missed. A few times, she pointed to where I missed it and filled in my knowledge gaps. We came to the conclusion that, while the textbook had gotten an update, the tests had not, and that was causing the discrepancy. Frustrating to pay so much money for them to be lazy and not update their content!

The lab is pretty easy to conduct, but the quizzes are all over the place. Sometimes, they would be straightforward and test on what you did in the lab (i.e., how long did such-and-such reaction take to complete?). Other times, they would test "concepts" you were supposed to magically learn while doing the lab. Again, my instructor was very helpful in correcting my grade when I was "cheated" on points due to test errors.

Oh, and the lectures? They simply regurgitated material from the book, but in even more boring, monotone form. Maybe they would be useful for people who learn best by hearing, but for me, they were a waste of time.

My suggestions to do well

• Read all the way through each chapter. Do all the questions, even at the end of the chapter.
  • Try the lecture, but if it's not helping you, skip it. I didn't listen to any after week 2.
  • Do the corresponding labs before you take the weekly quiz. They sometimes help cement ideas from the chapter in your brain.
  • Take all the time you need on the quizzes. They're open book with no time limit. There is no excuse to do poorly (at least on your part!).
  • Get ahead in the class and take the extra time for your midterm and final.
  • Keep in touch with your instructor and talk through any issues. The worst they can do is ignore you, but at best they will bump your grade up when deserved.
I hope this helps someone like me (well, me 3 months ago anyway). I am glad that I took it through UNE and will be taking the second semester through them as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
This may have been posted earlier, but is it possible to take a series of courses during the same semester? I know it is a lot of work, but I was hoping to take Organic I,II. I looked on their website under FAQ's but I didn't find an answer.

When you register for the class, it simply asks if you have the prerequisites. Well, at least for Organic 1. You do not have to turn in a transcript or anything to prove that you do.

Organic Chem II

Well, I'm not sure how I stumbled upon this website, but I really appreciate everyone's input for this class. I am starting an accelerated RN program in SD in January and the pre-reqs for the state I'm living in are entirely different, so now I'm trying to complete them with a very limited amount of time. I only had to take intro to chem I for programs in CO, and I originally graduated with a BA, so I have no science background whatsoever. I applied to the program late, and they happened to have one spot left-all of the stars aligned except for pre-req for this class. Somehow, they magically erased the requirement for organic chem I for me, and they will use my intro as its replacement...? So, just to recap-in org chem ii with no prior knowledge of org chem i-fun stuff. I'm gearing up to take the midterm, but so far weeks 1-6 have been like a completely foreign language. I am using google to try and learn concepts, and I don't find that reading the spectroscopy book is helping much, because I don't understand it anyways. I'm able to work through the problems, but I'm also working full time and taking 12 other credits in order to start in Jan. I know this site is for future doctors, but I thought I'd share the info with anyone else out there like me, who just read through 12 pages of threads looking for insight on testing structure.
A few questions:
I think I read somewhere that the 2nd half of the class gets easier-is this true for anyone who's completed recently?
I didn't have the option to purchase a cd for the lab-is this all online now?
I also read somewhere that doing the lab wasn't necessary-does this hold true? How were you completing the quizzes?
If I have screen shots of the quizzes from the class up until this point, can I reference them in the ProctorU setting or do they only let you have class notes and book?

Thanks!

Organic Chem II

Well, I'm not sure how I stumbled upon this website, but I really appreciate everyone's input for this class. I am starting an accelerated RN program in SD in January and the pre-reqs for the state I'm living in are entirely different, so now I'm trying to complete them with a very limited amount of time. I only had to take intro to chem I for programs in CO, and I originally graduated with a BA, so I have no science background whatsoever. I applied to the program late, and they happened to have one spot left-all of the stars aligned except for pre-req for this class. Somehow, they magically erased the requirement for organic chem I for me, and they will use my intro as its replacement...? So, just to recap-in org chem ii with no prior knowledge of org chem i-fun stuff. I'm gearing up to take the midterm, but so far weeks 1-6 have been like a completely foreign language. I am using google to try and learn concepts, and I don't find that reading the spectroscopy book is helping much, because I don't understand it anyways. I'm able to work through the problems, but I'm also working full time and taking 12 other credits in order to start in Jan. I know this site is for future doctors, but I thought I'd share the info with anyone else out there like me, who just read through 12 pages of threads looking for insight on testing structure.
A few questions:
I think I read somewhere that the 2nd half of the class gets easier-is this true for anyone who's completed recently?
I also read somewhere that doing the lab wasn't necessary-does this hold true? How were you completing the quizzes?
If I have screen shots of the quizzes from the class up until this point, can I reference them in the ProctorU setting or do they only let you have class notes and book?

Thanks!

First half is nmr, mass spec, ir, etc. Second half is like a biochem survey course.
You download a software to perform the labs.
Lab isn't necessary, and lab quizzes/lecture quizzes are separate.
I guess you could screenshot the quizzes, but the questions aren't really similar.

Last edited:
When you register for the class, it simply asks if you have the prerequisites. Well, at least for Organic 1. You do not have to turn in a transcript or anything to prove that you do.
Awesome. So could you possibly sign up for both classes at once? Then take Orgo I first, and then follow up with Orgo II.

Awesome. So could you possibly sign up for both classes at once? Then take Orgo I first, and then follow up with Orgo II.
You might be able to, but since their classes start every two weeks, why risk being dropped? You could just sign up for the first one, and when you're almost done or done sign up for the second one. If you really need to be in both of them at the same time, I would email them to be sure its ok or ask for an exception. They are very responsive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Organic Chem II

A few questions:

Thanks!
Oh yea, I also saw that some people were
First half is nmr, mass spec, ir, etc. Second half is like a biochem survey course.
You download a software to perform the labs.
Lab isn't necessary, and lab quizzes/lecture quizzes are separate.
I guess you could screenshot the quizzes, but the questions aren't really similar.
Thanks for the input, but unfortunately I'm so scientifically challenged, I'm not sure how to even distinguish between the two. If you're not completing the lab, how are you able to take the lab quizzes? It was my understanding that the questions are directly pulled from your results. I assume you took it recently-are the questions applied knowledge or mostly able to be pulled from the notes/book? Thanks for your fast response!!

Oh yea, I also saw that some people were

Thanks for the input, but unfortunately I'm so scientifically challenged, I'm not sure how to even distinguish between the two. If you're not completing the lab, how are you able to take the lab quizzes? It was my understanding that the questions are directly pulled from your results. I assume you took it recently-are the questions applied knowledge or mostly able to be pulled from the notes/book? Thanks for your fast response!!

I'm confused as to what you're asking. Do you plan on enrolling in the lab? If yes, you download the given software and click on the lab folder in the module. The folder has the lab instructions and lab quiz. If you're not enrolled in the lab, then disregard the lab folder.

Really.... I thought it was pretty standard that most DO schools accept online pre-req work?

I just finished Organic Chemistry 1 from UNE Online yesterday. I'll try and give you my honest take on it with info I was looking for before I took the class.

Course Info

Course: Organic Chemistry 1020 and 1020L (lab portion)
Instructor: Dr. Polly Ellerbe
Time Taken: August 3rd to November 6th, 2016 (13 1/2 weeks)
Book: Essential Organic Chemistry (Bruice), 2016 with Solutions Manual, Model Kit, and Online Pearson Access (extra practice homework)

Format

Lecture:

13 chapters of material, with one quiz per chapter
Mid-term exam after 6th chapter
Final exam after 13th chapter

Lab:
9 labs conducted through a virtual online lab (free with the class)
9 quizzes, one for each lab

Why I took this class

I work full time banker's hours, and my local community college didn't offer Organic Chem at night. UNE was the only option that I could find that was completely online with the lab. Lots of the other courses mentioned here require at least some in-person time. UNE was completely flexible within the 16 week time frame. After checking with the veterinary college I'm applying to and making sure they accepted this class, I enrolled.

Good:

With all the terrible reviews I've read on this thread and elsewhere online, I expected this to be horrific. All in all, I think, given my options, I would take it again. The new book, published this year, was actually very good. I went through every chapter, did every practice problem, and did most of the practice tests. I feel like I learned what was in the book very well.

The biggest "good" part of this class was my instructor. Dr. Ellerbe was absolutely awesome. Every question I had, every issue I had, she responded quickly and never dismissed me or my concerns. My #1 recommendation would be to take this class with her if you are going to take it with UNE.

There is also a generous curve applied to the end grade. I had an A in my quizzes, a B on my midterm, and a C on my final. Even with that, I ended up with an A in the class. I had an A in the lab portion without the curve, so I don't know what the curve would have been there.

Bad:

The biggest issue was the match-up between what you learned in the book and what was in the weekly tests. MULTIPLE times, I was asked questions on the tests that were NOT taught in the book. Other times, the tests wanted you to remember obscure details from week's prior in order to get the question right. It was extremely frustrating! The saving grace was my instructor. Every time I brought up a discrepancy, she went and checked the book and learning materials. The majority of the time, I was right, and she would give me points back on questions I had missed. A few times, she pointed to where I missed it and filled in my knowledge gaps. We came to the conclusion that, while the textbook had gotten an update, the tests had not, and that was causing the discrepancy. Frustrating to pay so much money for them to be lazy and not update their content!

The lab is pretty easy to conduct, but the quizzes are all over the place. Sometimes, they would be straightforward and test on what you did in the lab (i.e., how long did such-and-such reaction take to complete?). Other times, they would test "concepts" you were supposed to magically learn while doing the lab. Again, my instructor was very helpful in correcting my grade when I was "cheated" on points due to test errors.

Oh, and the lectures? They simply regurgitated material from the book, but in even more boring, monotone form. Maybe they would be useful for people who learn best by hearing, but for me, they were a waste of time.

My suggestions to do well

• Read all the way through each chapter. Do all the questions, even at the end of the chapter.
  • Try the lecture, but if it's not helping you, skip it. I didn't listen to any after week 2.
  • Do the corresponding labs before you take the weekly quiz. They sometimes help cement ideas from the chapter in your brain.
  • Take all the time you need on the quizzes. They're open book with no time limit. There is no excuse to do poorly (at least on your part!).
  • Get ahead in the class and take the extra time for your midterm and final.
  • Keep in touch with your instructor and talk through any issues. The worst they can do is ignore you, but at best they will bump your grade up when deserved.
I hope this helps someone like me (well, me 3 months ago anyway). I am glad that I took it through UNE and will be taking the second semester through them as well.

THIS WAS EXTREMELY BENEFICIAL. THANK YOU!

Organic Chem 1 is much harder at UNE than it needs to be.

can you actually compare this to in-class lecture? Have you taken Organic Chem I at a school?

I have. In UNE, there are 5 multiple choice questions in each quiz (which are very difficult), the midterm is worth 30% of your grade, and the final is worth 45% of your grade. Neither the midterm nor the final are like the lecture quizzes, since these two exams cover more details and mechanisms that the lecture quizzes skip. Also Organic 1 is essentially 75% of organic 1 and organic 2. Organic 2 is 25% organic 1 and then the rest is intro to biochem. About 25% of reactions from organic chemistry were not covered in UNE that were covered in-class and may appear on the MCAT.

Seriously, UNE questions are very difficult.

In class, I had short answers questions. At least, I received partial credit for getting some arrow pushing right. The tests were not weighed as significantly, the labs were integrated with the course grade, and I had a professor to clarify any questions.

You can always ask the UNE professor questions, but he can't physically draw a reaction with arrow pushing for you. IMO take organic through UNE as a retake, not to learn for the first time. Organic Chem 1 was genuinely the hardest course I've taken so far.

You might be able to, but since their classes start every two weeks, why risk being dropped? You could just sign up for the first one, and when you're almost done or done sign up for the second one. If you really need to be in both of them at the same time, I would email them to be sure its ok or ask for an exception. They are very responsive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Thank you for the response. I sent an email earlier today and they told me my situation was normal. It looks as if I will finish Organic I and II next semester.

@Two Sides I think I've already determined the answer based on your posts, but would you say Organic 2 was easier than Organic 1?

@Two Sides I think I've already determined the answer based on your posts, but would you say Organic 2 was easier than Organic 1?

I studied biochem for the mcat, so I had a strong grasp on the course before I enrolled in it. But for me, it's not even comparable. The whole course felt like a bio course after the midterm. Also, a lot or most of the answers can be found in the book, and they were pretty simple. I got an A- in it, and I'm not particularly skilled in the organics.

UNE's Organic 1 required performing mechanisms, determine products, and doing nomenclature.

UNE's Organic 2 is like studying for a bio course. Read, memorize, and look up answers.

Note, there's no curve in the course.

Has anyone replaced their previous course with courses from UNE?
I noticed that 'Medical' is included into the title.
Would 'Medical General Chemistry' replace 'General Chemistry' ? I am having a big difficulty at my CC.