THE OFFICIAL UNE ONLINE COURSE THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have a BSN from WGU. WGU is pass-fail. My associate's GPA is 3.8 with a science GPA of 3.87. I had withdrawn from a bachelor's program prior to enrollment with WGU. So, I'm taking my science requirements again for a letter grade.
How will my dropping out years ago affect me on my application? Since I'm taking UNE courses post-bacc, how will they count as a post bacc GPA and in that case, will only my post-bacc GPA count for admission?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked before, but without any work commitments and just dedicating my time to UNE post bacc courses, how early can you finish the course? I know it's meant to be completed in 16 weeks, but I was wondering if it's possible to do it in half that time if you put enough hours into it.

The class is pretty straightforward. I learned a lot. There are only four labs I think and they send you the actual animal part for you to dissect. You have discussion posts, quizzes, and video presentations. Overall the class is easy and understandable, but the midterm is random diseases that you're expected to know answers about and it's hard and that how the final is so I am worried.
How was the final/ Have you taken it yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I am currently taking orgo 2 with Dr. Maksimov. The midterm is closed book. Anyone have tips on his exams? Are the questions similar to the homework and carey questions? Thanks!!

How was the final/ Have you taken it yet?
No, I have not. I want someone else to take it first and tell me how it is and what I need to absolutely know. I have to pass this class to continue in my nursing program so I am freaking out.

For anyone that has taken UNE biochem, does the midterm pull questions from the unit 1+2 exams, as well as the weekly quizzes?

Just sending out another plea for anyone who has VERY recently taken biochem/is currently in biochem but further ahead in it (it has apparently changed since last semester)

I also just finished micro with an A so happy to pass stuff along for that class.

How was the class structured? and how many exams/quizzes were there throughout the course?

Can anyone who has taken genetics at UNE provide any insight into what the final exam is like? Do they re-use old test questions for the final?

I'm curious - has anyone asked for a letter of rec from a UNE professor?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just sending out another plea for anyone who has VERY recently taken biochem/is currently in biochem but further ahead in it (it has apparently changed since last semester)

I also just finished micro with an A so happy to pass stuff along for that class.
Any way you could pass stuff along for Micro to me? I'm a week in, it's a lot and I could stand some advice/help from someone who's been there before. Thank you!

Has anyone taken Physics II? I'll be taking it soon and would like some pointers. Feel free to directly message me, or email me!

Heads up for anyone who hasn't signed up for an online course at UNE, they've changed a ton of stuff. Apparently they require you to buy a UNE approved wide-angle webcam for proctored exams ($25), basically all exams are closed book, and no scratch paper is allowed, you have to use a whiteboard. Super glad I just finished my last class with them before the new rules. As someone who uses pages and pages of scratch paper, I'd hate to use a whiteboard and not be able to review what I did on previous questions on an exam.

Has anyone ever done all of their science prereqs online?

Thanks,

Heads up for anyone who hasn't signed up for an online course at UNE, they've changed a ton of stuff. Apparently they require you to buy a UNE approved wide-angle webcam for proctored exams ($25), basically all exams are closed book, and no scratch paper is allowed, you have to use a whiteboard. Super glad I just finished my last class with them before the new rules. As someone who uses pages and pages of scratch paper, I'd hate to use a whiteboard and not be able to review what I did on previous questions on an exam.
I knew about the camera and whiteboard but the rest would have been nice to know...thanks for passing this on. I started UNE Online Microbiology 2 weeks ago and yup, the final is closed everything. 29 chapters. I am 5 chapters in and it's a LOT.

I am currently in the ANAT 1005 if anybody wants to study together. This course is very difficult and there is only a midterm and a final which account for 50% of the grade with 15 quizzes and like 10 video presentations.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all! I am preparing to take the Orgo II lecture final soon. Any tips on how to prepare for the final? Thanks!

For those of you that have taken or are currently taking UNE Online Biochem, how did you come up with pathway problems for the pathway response discussion that is due before you take the exam (currently on Unit 1)? I am so lost with it and can't think of a question or problem to ask relating to the content that is covered in unit 1.

You know what, in general, I don't mind the whole whiteboard thing... except that I was taking physics. THAT was torture.

I am in physics now and about take the mid term is it difficult?
Hard to say bc I was super unprepared for it. The formulas on the sheet are either things I already knew - or things that weren't on the midterm. Final was the same way but at least I was ready for it that time.

Hello everyone,

Little backstory: I took combined Organic I&II Lecture and lab in undergrad (2 years ago). I’ve been accepted to medical school, but they are not accepting my lab for the required 2 credits - just 1. Leaving me with needing 1 last credit to complete.

The admissions director said I could do the online UNE ORGANIC II LAB to suffice the requirement.

I’m already enrolled and the class just started. There’s apparently no text for the lab portion; I emailed the professor, and he said that I am supposed to know the information from the organic lecture. This was new information to me (such as my undergrad labs, there was a lab manual with the information I needed to know for that lab in it).

Now I feel a little over my head, and was wondering if anyone else has taken this lab and has any advice for me moving forward?

I took it for the exact same reason as you - needed the 1 credit. I passed. I don’t remember with what, but I know I passed and am now in medical school, so I’d say it was Ok. Look up UNE tutoring, there’s someone who has a tutoring site (I can’t remember her name but I’ve heard of her). Apparently she goes through the labs step by step, and has practice problems for the Orgo 2 lab, etc. I was just trying to get through the thing so I didn’t care about doing particularly well, but if you’re wanting to rock it that may be an option to help you out. The lab tests were close book and proctored, but other folks I know say she was quite helpful. I saw a few of her little videos and they seem pretty detailed. I couldn’t say for sure though. :/

I took it for the exact same reason as you - needed the 1 credit. I passed. I don’t remember with what, but I know I passed and am now in medical school, so I’d say it was Ok. Look up UNE tutoring, there’s someone who has a tutoring site (I can’t remember her name but I’ve heard of her). Apparently she goes through the labs step by step, and has practice problems for the Orgo 2 lab, etc. I was just trying to get through the thing so I didn’t care about doing particularly well, but if you’re wanting to rock it that may be an option to help you out. The lab tests were close book and proctored, but other folks I know say she was quite helpful. I saw a few of her little videos and they seem pretty detailed. I couldn’t say for sure though. :/
Her name is Janci Despain the videos were helpful

Hard to say bc I was super unprepared for it. The formulas on the sheet are either things I already knew - or things that weren't on the midterm. Final was the same way but at least I was ready for it that time.
Where the questions similar to the quizzes? Does he curve the class at all?

Where the questions similar to the quizzes? Does he curve the class at all?
I don't believe anyone curves. The questions were pretty similar to the quizzes I guess - heavy on the math, very few theoretical problems. I'm usually a quick test-taker and I used the whole 2 hours for the midterm and had maybe 10 min of the 3 hr to spare on the final. Pulled off a B overall despite bombing the midterm.

Hey everyone, I finished the majority of my Pre-PA prerequisites at UNE online, which includes chem 1,2 orgo 1,2, physics 1, biochem, microbio and stats. I saved all my resources for the courses, which includes quizzes, labs, hw's, exam prep, and other related resources. Send me a DM if you need any course resources!

How did you find the chem 1 course?

For UNE Chem II, I am relying on clutchprep. This site saved my butt because I couldn't stand to listen to the lectures anymore and it wasn't teaching me anything. They have video lectures with worksheets for each chapter so it has been extremely helpful to attain a proper understanding of the info, since they actually TEACH it to you with worksheets, examples, videos like in a real class if that make sense.
have you taken chem 1 with them?

Has anyone taken physics II at UNE? If so, how was it?
I took it last semester before they required the use of the whiteboard. It was easy, you made your own equations sheet and just remembered how to use them. The tests were similar to the homework and no curveballs.

Good luck!

Hello everyone,

I only need to take the Organic Chemistry II Lab, because the school I went to did not offer it, and I'm wondering if anyone could shed some light on what the class is like?

Thanks!

For anybody in UNE courses that requires the webcam, just a heads up I ordered my webcam and whiteboard a week before school started and it wasn't until the 4th week that it arrived. ORDER IT EARLY.

I do have a whiteboard and webcam for sale if anybody is interested PM me.

Anyone who has taken Chem II recently with Henderson. Is the final open book? When I went to go take the midterm it said it was closed note closed book, however the proctor said I was allowed to have notes which caught me off guard because I wasn't anticipating being able to have them which could've definitely helped my grade a bit. I am aiming for an A in the class and need to get an 88 on the final. This time around, I'm trying to make a comprehensive study guide as well that will help me during the final but want to see if its possible to have the book as well.

For anyone taking UNE BIOCHEM with Prof Della Vecchia this semester, jtlyk he WILL NOT give you anything over a 95 on any of the written assignments, and the tests are designed to be IMMENSELY difficult, this course is not just "memorize the lectures online and take the test" because not only did i memorize the lectures AND read all the chapters required front to back i got a bleeding 65 first time around on the midterm.

Last edited:
hello all! I have been planning on taking anatomy, however I've been reading mixed reviews. Has anyone taken anatomy recently or is taking it right now find the course difficult?

hello all! I have been planning on taking anatomy, however I've been reading mixed reviews. Has anyone taken anatomy recently or is taking it right now find the course difficult?
I just took it this semester. I finished it in 7 weeks and got an A-. It was very difficult especially if this is your first anatomy course. I studied the end of the chapter review, completed the end of the chapter questions (not assigned), and studied the "key points" in the chapter as well as the diagrams or anything that catches your eye. They expect you to know every word of the ENTIRE textbook.

I do have the webcam and whiteboard for sale if you want it PM me.

Has anyone recently completed or is anyone currently taking the microbiology + lab course? Wondering how it is. Thanks.

Has anyone taken CHEM 1011 (Chem II) with Bohinksy recently or is currently taking it who could help me out? I am currently a full time student taking this course and I've fallen behind a bit. Any and all resources such as midterm/final study guides or notes would be much appreciated!
Thanks,
Josh

For UNE Chem II, I am relying on clutchprep. This site saved my butt because I couldn't stand to listen to the lectures anymore and it wasn't teaching me anything. They have video lectures with worksheets for each chapter so it has been extremely helpful to attain a proper understanding of the info, since they actually TEACH it to you with worksheets, examples, videos like in a real class if that make sense.
Do you have any midterm study guides or notes available? I could really use some help!

Has anyone recently completed or is anyone currently taking the microbiology + lab course? Wondering how it is. Thanks.

I only took the lecture portion but thought I'd weigh in anyway.
I took the final this morning - the final was easy compared to the class itself. That said, I won't know my grade for a few days.

My honest review...you don't know how many times I wanted to quit. I didn't, but I very seriously wanted to. After work and family, this course consumed my every waking moment and I am exhausted. Now that it's over: I learned A LOT and I am confident in that knowledge. It's just that you have to teach it to yourself and it's going to take discipline. I went into the final with a 99% average. So it's doable.

For anyone who's taken Orgo 1 online: can you please tell me what chapters of the book it covers in this class? I am registered to start it in January and would like to get a head start on reading and kind of having a basic understanding of the material.

i have the midterm and final questions for biochem 2019 version onwards but dont have the answers...anyone want to help with that? i can share questions in return for answers
Copyright violations are against SDN TOS. Do not subject yourself to disciplinary action.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone, I finished the majority of my Pre-PA prerequisites at UNE online, which includes chem 1,2 orgo 1,2, physics 1, biochem, microbio and stats. I saved all my resources for the courses, which includes quizzes, labs, hw's, exam prep, and other related resources. Send me a DM if you need any course resources!
could you send me the info please

Hi all,
I am currently signed up for the UNE Biochemistry Class. I have already gotten into school and just need to get a C, but would like to do better. I was non-trad so I haven't taken any higher level bio classes in a while. I am completely stressed out about this class because I just tried to watch the first lecture video (are the lecture videos the ones that are only like 7-10 minutes long?).. I have no idea the information they are even using to EXPLAIN the harder information. I have not taken orgo in forever. Does anyone have any study tips/information they can provide me on how to succeed in this class. Again, the issue is even starting topic 1.1 or whatever, I don't know the common terms or processes they are describing. So not sure how to even start it.

Also was the book and the random khan academy links the professor posts helpful to the section quizzes and unit exams? Thanks